[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming languages vs. spoken languages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Compare real world languages to a programming language based on style, age, complexity, etc.

I'll start:

> Latin = C (old, lightweight, basis for modern languages)
> English = PHP (obtuse, thousands of correct ways to do anything)
>>
>>55680103
>latin
>lightweight
wtf am i reading?

>latin
>basis for modern languages
go die in a fire
>>
>>55680103
python = a retarded greek
>>
>>55680125
> go die in a fire

Am I wrong?
>>
>>55680132
You are. there are far older languages that survive and have spawned others.
>>
>>55680132
Yes, latin is (at best) the basis of the roman languages (french, italian, spanish+portuguese), modern english is the bastard hybrid between celtic, germanic languages (angloan, saxon, whatever the fuck the jutes spoke), old norse and french (or frankish/normandic)..

The only thing modern english has from latin is a couple of loan words (aka no grammar and no syntax) and the little influence french had on old english
>>
>>55680103
> hungarian
> Assembly

For you ameritards all other languages are hard as fuck so this post does not make sense.
>>
>>55680125
>>latin
>>lightweight

What? All modern languages derived from Latin are watered down one way or another.
>>
>>55680242
Sorry, should have quoted OP.
>>
>>55680103
>Latin
>lightweight

>thousands of correct ways to do anything
>not part of latin
T. Some americuck (((nerd))) who never learned latin
>>
>>55680103
>latin
>lighweight
a gorrillean different kasus, hundreds of gorrileans of grammar rules, hundreds of ways of saying the exact same thing and basically being the basis of virtually only italian, french and gypsy speak....

Sounds more like PHP than C to me.
>>
Latin would be COBOL
>>
C++ = Chinese. Character are archaic and obscure. Lot's of way to pronounce and most likely you won't know how to pronounce it.

Java = Japanese. Very limited character (katakana,hiragana), unless borrowing feature from Chinese (kanji)
>>
>>55680305
Latin would be CISC assembler.
>>
Java = Korean (simple syntax, difficult constructs, a lot of unnecessary bullshit)

English = Javascript (inconsistent, all over the place, ambiguous but still a nice sounding/seem language and a lightweight grammar)

Spanish = Python (sweet sounding, easy to learn, nice looking, a ton of material available, makes you look cool)

French = Ruby (hipster language, turns you into a faggot, you'll never learn it)

Deutsch = C (useful but verbose, you never know what's gonna happen, confusing, sounds/looks like shit)

Italian = C++ (used to be the lingua franca for the elite, both are the default ;) )

Russian - Cobol/Pascal (completely unintuitive)

Latin = Go (logical syntax, logical constructs, coherent, efficient, flexible, easy and nice looking)

Hebrew = Haskell (the god given language)

Arabic = ActionScript (I WANT IT TO FUCKING DIE)
>>
>>55680103
>asking Americans who can only speak one language, poorly
>>
OP here, sorry for my shitty language knowledge. Please don't insult me further by calling me American.

So what would be a good C equivalent?
>>
>>55680396
I found the Jew.
>>
>>55680103
I had to learn Latin in school and I can tell you lightweight is the wrong word. To better comparison for Latin is assembly. It is the foundation and can be really complex
>>
>>55680103
APL = Cuneiform
>>
>>55680396
>tfw AS3 developer
>>
>>55680396
There is so much wrong with your post, but you're probably an amerifat so I just hope the next BLM chimpout is in your town
>>
>>55680396
>Russian - Cobol/Pascal (completely unintuitive)
>pascal
>unintuitive

found the retard.
>>
>>55681261
I'm level 16 Hungarian on Duolingo m8, hit me.
>>
>>55680103
>> Latin = C (old, lightweight, basis for modern languages)
Lightweight? With all those conjugations?
Some tribal languages are incredibly complex with myriads of cases, genders and tenses.
>>
>>55680103
Spanish
Java
Over complicated, autistical rules that are nearly random and cannot be broke, slow but you still say shitload of stuff to do simple things and only used by non-whites.
>>
ja pierdole kurwa
>>
>>55680396
Nice list (((anon)))
>>
>C
>anything other than english
:^I
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.