[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question About Graphics Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: ITSAGRAPHICSCARD.jpg (51KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
ITSAGRAPHICSCARD.jpg
51KB, 700x396px
How does one go about making a graphics card stop working without any visible physical damage?
>>
>>55677842
flash the BIOS EEPROM with random numbers
>>
>>55677842
unplug it
>>
>>55677859
It needs to stop working in the computer.
>>
Im pretty sure just unplug the fan while gpu is in use could kill it.
>>
>>55677842
Stop being a shit cunt and leave your roommate's computer alone. Seriously, I'd fucking stab you if your ever messed with mine.
>>
Put it in water for an hour. Why do you want to know anyway? What are you planning to do, faggot?
>>
>>55677885
good idea, the only reason i think it might not work is an automated thermal shutdown (or visible heat damage)
>>
>>55677842
Try to try to deliver it overstock not to the point that'll cause any visible Burns to the GPU. Take out the heatsink and put some other alligator clips on the die and pump it with high voltage and if there is any visible Burns just put back the heatsink
>>
Explain why OP
>>
>>55677873
Yea, just drop a penny on top of it while it's on
>>
File: 1463028746400.png (302KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1463028746400.png
302KB, 557x605px
>>55677842
Can anybody give me a reason to buy the rx 480 nitro+ over the r9 fury?

In Australia, it looks like there's going to be a $50 (maybe even less) price difference.
>>
>>55677889
>>55677892
>>55677919
Story time guys
>be me
>16
>know shit all about computers
>buy "gaming" PC according to employee
>max settings and 60frames for the next 5 years of gaming!!!
>complete shit
>too late to return bc my family was poor so it was hard to get a ride into the city bc we didn't have a best buy in my town at the time
>deal with it
>fucks up (graphics card is broken basically)
>over the course of 6 months, take a trip there to have it fixed and take a trip there again to pick it up
>happens again twice between then and now
>4th fix means new PC of same value (or what I paid and some cahs towards a more expensive PC) bc protection plan
>18 now
>know slightly more about tech
>did some shit today to the graphics card but still seems okay
>trying to find a way to get something to break without the employees being able to tell

I know it's kind of shitty but I did tell the employee that I wouldn't be able to drive back to return it after I bought it and he was like"Yeah dude if it doesn't turn out good you can kick me in the nuts"

Never saw him again but kinda want to kick him in the knee.
>>
>>55678006
This ain't the SQT, you should post there instead
>>
>>55678035
brick it by flashing to a corrupted bios version
>>
Literally pop off any cap or resistor
Underageb&
>>
>>55678081
>no visible physical damage
>>
>>55678078
Uhh could I get that a little more simply put please?
>>
>>55678035
Well, make sure that the warranty period hasn't ended first.
>>
>>55678117
My protection plan ends in a few days but I have enough time.
>>
Stop destroying graphics cards because you want mommy to buy you a new one.
>>
>>55678149
Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm doing shit like that. This new PC I'm buying is coming out of my pocket. Been working for a few months planning on getting a shitty laptop for college but then I said fuck it and decided to add what I have to the money I'll get back from this PC for a tower.
>>
>>55678093
>the dumbfucks at best buy can tell a half mm resistor covered by a random heatsink is missing
>>
>>55677851
Kek there's a non null probability that you insert a valid firmware though
>>
>>55677842
unplug your card during the bios flashing process
>>
>>55678356
What is bios flashing process?
>>
>>55678403
normie
get the fuck out of my board
>>
Best buy doesn't check if something works. Just go in and fucking return it
>>
>>55678315
also a non-null probability that the random numbers you generate and use as a BIOS are significantly better than the ones AMD shipped with your card.
>>
>>55678097
u ever flashed a bios?
google it
then corrupt bios
>>
>>55678434
he can just sell the card. that's more ethical
>>
>>55678440
Don't mean to be picky but I could I get something a little safer? Something I could do while the computer is off and unpowered?
>>
OP here and here's the deal.

Something on the PC has to stop working as a result of natural causes. If anyone has anything easy and safe to do, (and sounds easy and safe to someone who is basically retarded for PCs) please let me know.
>>
OC the shit out of it's mem till it's fucked.
>>
>>55678457
>>55678457
nigger what how is that not safe
>>
>>55678488
Sorry tagged wrong post. Meant the guy who told me to unplug while flashing.
>>
File: what.jpg (152KB, 400x1201px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
152KB, 400x1201px
>>55678035
Hey listen!

Take the video card out and dip it in water and oh it back in the computer and turn it on....profit?
>>
>>55678564
Won't that cause a fire? Don't have fire insurance.
>>
>>55678475
>Something on the PC has to stop working as a result of natural causes.
easy.

build up a bunch of static electricity with a balloon and a blanket (or your feet and a rug).

take out parts from the computer (ram, etc), and touch them until they stop working.

Undetectable and leaves no physical damage at all.
>>
File: le_dog_face.gif (2MB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
le_dog_face.gif
2MB, 450x371px
>>55678596
If you like to watching it scream for a couple minutes before it actually starts burning, it's not like it just explodes or spews flames everywhere you should natually turn it off after the first couple pops.
>>
>>55678612
Since I've taken it out multiple times and have a good idea, where would I touch the graphics card to short it out?
>>
>>55678649
>where would I touch the graphics card to short it out?
anywhere shiny.
>>
>>55678660
And I'll have shorted it out when I feel a shock?
>>
>>55678685
>>55678660
OP here

I'll try it after a a couple more hours of PS4. Thanks!
>>
fry some component on it, without leaving a fry mark

expose it to strong magnetic fields during operation?
>>
resolder a diode on in reverse
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.