[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sennheiser HD598

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (876KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
876KB, 3264x2448px
I can't seem to get use to these.... I got them on Prime day for $110CAD.

Listen to the drum kick on hotel California in the beginning and its not hitting as much as the bass guitar during the middle. I really want to keep them since its a fucking good deal. I just wish they would of blown my mind. I burned them in for about 8-10hrs. Not sure if I should leave them in for a bit more.
>>
>>55677717
burn in doesnt exist
buyers remorse does
>>
>>55677728
Tell that to ever audiophile on youtube. And even sennheiser when they are demoing there Orpheus
>>
https://youtu.be/tTRKFkE32XE
>>
Hd120s or bust senpai
>>
>>55677941
Those are the old ones.

New ones cost 50k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWPCEMBC-d8
>>
>>55677717
>expecting impressive bass from HD598s
My nigga these headphones are for mids and highs dog. If you wanted a Bass headphone then id recommend M50x. I own the HD598 SE in the OP pic so I know what you're going through.
>>
>>55679134
>no audiotechnica
Why live?
>>
>>55677717
I have the 518s and the 598s and honestly I prefer my 518s for general listening.

The 598s kind of feel like they lack bass while the 518s have quite a lot. The 598s are very good headphones though.

Still, they're just "mid range" headphones I don't know what you expect for 110 bux. They are still better than a great deal of headphones. Especially at that price point.

Maybe you don't like Sennheisers "warmer" sound? Personally it's why I always use my Senns over anything else
>>
What about the 555s?
>>
>>55680508
No they are certainly above mid range.
Are you perhaps a Beats basshead that thinks quality=bass?
>>
File: 20160704_214548.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_214548.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Had mines about a year and a half, paid around £200 at the time. No ragretz.

Never had a problem with the bass that the eq couldn't fix. The headphones have a perfect balance between warmth and clarity to my ear, not washing away the details in bass (unlike a certain set of headphones you might require a prescription for).
>>
>>55680617

What? How are they above mid range. They are literally mid tier headphones.

And no but for general listening ie FUN I like some more oomph to the headphones

Are you perhaps an anti-basshead who thinks fun and bass = bad? If you think 598s are above mid you've got no clue
>>
>>55677717
They will pretty much blow anyone's mind coming from <$50 headphones, and they're excellent for the price, but if you're used to more expensive cans, they won't be super impressive, because diminishing returns. That, and, while I personally love the sound, these aren't bass head cans, at all. Pretty decent for simple mixing and mastering, because of it, though.

You probably won't have your mind blown again, until you spend > $250 on a pair teebeeayych
>>
I fucking love the 598s. If in some future I want to step it up and invest in a better DAC/amp and headphone combo, where should I go? Always heard good things about the 600s and the Schiit amps
>>
Used my 598s for years. Great headphones.
>>55682583
I upgraded to the 650s and the Magni2 and Modi2 Ubers. Haven't looked back. Love it.
>>
598s aren't for heavy bass. They're neutral. For what its worth, Hotel California sounds great on them, its possible you've been listening to the song with exaggerated bass. In which case you should pick up some Beats you nigger.

Alternatively, you've got a shit sound card that can't drive them. Generally you don't need an amazing DAC+Amp for 598s, but it sure helps.
>>
>>55677717
For $100 they're the best open headphones you can get. They should have a very neutral sound signature, so maybe you are use to bass boosted headphones.

If you want a cleaner sound with more bass get the HD650. The HD600 is also a good choice.

With both those headphones you will eventually want an amplifier, which the 598 will not need.
>>
File: schitty hd650.jpg (809KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
schitty hd650.jpg
809KB, 1440x2560px
>>55682625
>I upgraded to the 650s and the Magni2 and Modi2 Ubers. Haven't looked back. Love it

Same.

I still have my HD598 for travel, but nothing compares to the HD650, I prefer the 650 even over the 800 in comparison.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.