[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, did Jobs pick the correct person to replace him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: TimCock.jpg (55KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
TimCock.jpg
55KB, 638x638px
In retrospect, did Jobs pick the correct person to replace him?
>>
i think tim cook will die from the same strain of hiv that killed steve jobs.
>>
>>55677152
wrong he is not homo
>>
>>55676842
Nope. He's been too safe. Jobs used to push Apple in both design and engineering. Now Cook has led Apple to be stagnant in both. He can't ride out Job's pipelined projects forever when he kicked the bucket.
>>
>>55678127
>Jobs used to push Apple in both design and engineering. Now Cook has led Apple to be stagnant in both

This.

Apple invented a brand new product every year or two under Jobs' second tenure, and prospered at each one. iMac, iPod, Mac Pro, iPhone, Macbook, iPad.

There has yet to be a successful *new* product launch under Tim (and don't you dare count the iWatch as "successful")
>>
File: jobs onion.png (216KB, 680x740px) Image search: [Google]
jobs onion.png
216KB, 680x740px
>>55678127
There's virtually no replacement for Jobs. Best he could do was leave the business & logistics in Cook's hands, and design in Ive's.
>>
>>55677167
he is full homo
>>
>>55676842
well it would have been hard to do worse than Jobs, so really anyone was probably going to be fine. Glad that fucker's dead, and I don't care if you call me edgy for it.
>>
>>55676842
Of course not, since Steve passed Apple has had about ZERO interesting new products.

Google is working on VR, AR, Self driving cars and free internet for the globe.

Microsoft hired basically all the world's lead experts on AI research, have the most impressive AR technology to date, build Azure out of nowhere and is today one of the top cloud computing solutions in the world, while at the same time they created a strong line of first party tablets and laptops.

Apple has a trillion dollars sitting on the bank, what are they doing with it?

They released a watch and a bigger tablet...
>>
>>55678224
Apple is secretive about what they do. Publicizing their research projects and using the public for beta testing is not their thing.
>>
>>55678224
>>Apple has a trillion dollars sitting on the bank, what are they doing with it?
most of that they can't repatriate without punitive tax rates.
>>
I bet if Jobs made a smartwatch it would've been totally different. The Apple Watch is a copy of other smartwatches. Look at the iPhone and how different that was from other phones. I bet the same would've happened with the Apple Watch if Jobs worked on it.
>>
>>55676842
Depends on what Jobs wanted to have accomplished.

Assuming he wanted to inflate his ego...
He could've wanted someone to fail so that he looks even better comparatively. Or... he didn't really care and just picked someone. No matter what, he went out when it was going well, so whatever happens after will have trouble reflecting poorly on him.

Assuming he wanted to help Apple...
He could have wanted someone to stabilize the company and take a breather. Something that he couldn't (wouldn't?) do himself.

Assuming he wanted to help the industry...
He could've wanted inspire Apple competitors to 'take down' the stagnant giant and push the industry forward.

Cook is very different, but was the goal to put a Jobs clone in charge?
>>
I don't think Jobs had a single original idea in his life, but god damn was he good at convincing people to buy subpar and overpriced products. Cook can't do either of these things. Apple is slowly hemorrhaging to death, and I'm not going to mourn their loss.
>>
>>55676842
Jobs did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55678872
Curry break is over, Prakish.
Get back to your call station.
>>
>>55676842
>did Jobs pick the correct person to replace him?
Since we do not know if jobs would have been able to uphold his reality distortion field, this is hard to judge.

but yeah, his force is much weaker than Jobs force.

Product wise however, unless he purged any and all jobsian ideas, we also have to blame apples current lackluster lineup on Jobs too. There is not way that jobs did not have any plans for apple years in advance.
>>
>Jobs
>Macbooks show no signs of becoming less useful for pros despite their price:performance
>Cook
>lol, one port

Yes.
>>
>>55678215
>well it would have been hard to do worse than Jobs
You whot, m8?

Have you ever looked at the insane profits apple made under jobs reign?
The absolutely staggering amount of iphones you see fucking everywhere?
The unheard of valuation of the company?

If you consider that bad, then you have no clue about anything, and are a retard.
>>
Apple designs are just copies of sony design anyway.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.