[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XPS 13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dell-xps-0212.0.jpg (285KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-0212.0.jpg
285KB, 2040x1360px
So, I'm getting an XPS 13 as my travel laptop. Should I spend ~1000 for the best Full HD or ~1250 for the QHD with the i7? What's the battery life difference between the two?
>>
>>55673226
>as my travel laptop
what?
>>
>>55673274
IO guess I should be more clear: my laptop for when I go on longer trips, of which I have two planned this year. Actually, it'll probably be my primary laptop. My old monster of an Asus machine is about to die, and I want something that's more portable than that while still being decently powerful.

I'm leaning towards the 1080p + 8GB ram version just for its shear portability, but I'm open to being convinced on the qhd version with an i7 just for the sheer extra power and resolution, if the battery doesn't suffer too much.
>>
>>55673351
You don't really need a QHD for a 13.3 inch screen. 1080p will look just as good.
>>
>>55673376
this

/thread
>>
>>55673376
Very true, and that was my initial reason for deciding against the qhd. But the i7 has a bit more graphics power than the i5. I'm not a tard, I know this fundamentally isn't a gaming machine, but having a little extra oomph under the hood for lighter gaming on the go would be nice. I'm also a programmer for a living, so the i7 would also likely benefit me in other ways.
>>
>>55673479
they already run hot, i'd just pick whatever is lower wattage
>>
>>55673376
>>55673226
True, QHD would just drain the battery more because it's pushing more pixel to the display. Also you don't need the I7 because both the I5 and I7 are both dual core and the I7 won't offer any real life benfits
>>
>>55673351
the qhd+i7 is a great laptop, but it certainly sacrifices battery power

go for the cheaper one
>>
i5 with QHD. I have one. Get the one with the Intel WiFi, not Broadcomm.
>>
>>55673787
Is there any way you can choose? I'm buyin g from a brick and mortar store.
>>
>>55674165
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Generation-Wireless-Computer-Notebook/dp/B00RCZ4I6S?ie=UTF8&amp=&psc=1&redirect=true

you can always just replace it for $20 if you do get apparently problematic broadcomm wifi chip.
>>
>>55674165
https://blog.radwell.codes/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/xps13-back.jpg

very easy to replace too.
>>
>>55673226
If you need the power then the i7 would be good
I remember seeing a post where if you undervolted the cpu and replaced the thermal paste on the QHD model cpu then you would get better battery life and cooling
Don't take my word for it though
>>
>>55674165
Yes, by customizing and ordering from Dell's website.
>>
>>55674443
I would prefer to not have to open up a brand new laptop...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.