[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Google is using us to strengthen its image identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ice cream captcha.png (413KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
ice cream captcha.png
413KB, 400x595px
If Google is using us to strengthen its image identification bot through the image captcha, then how does the captcha recognize that I picked the right images? If it already knows which images are trees or ice cream, what's the point of me doing it?
>>
Doesn't it, like the old letter chapta, give the same questions out to several users to validate?
>>
>>55670958
It's the same with the legacy captcha with words (only 1 word was known), 1 image in the set is not known, there are a few that are known
>>
They most likely don't use a binary decision, but rather calculate the probability of the picture showing a certain object. If it's pretty sure, but not absolutely sure (say, the probability of the picture showing a burger is 80%) you'll tell it whether or not it's a burger. Your decision can be used to improve the features used for the recognition, while false positives and negatives are offset by the large number of people who get it right.
>>
If it's anything like the legacy captcha, it shows you at least one picture that it already knows is ice cream and several that it's not sure about that you must confirm for it.
>>
>>55670958
Often there are cases where you can not pick one of the correct options and the captcha will be accepted which means that there is a weighting system involved. Some of the images are definitely correct and one or two are probably correct.
>>
>>55671011
>>55671003
That one was way easier to game. It was obvious which the real word that you could put a single letter for was and which the Google generated nonsense word that you had to get right was. I haven't found any sort of pattern to determine which incorrect ones I can get away with.
>>
It just bases it on what other people have clicked

If you have clicked whatever others have clicked then it says you're correct
>>
>>55671274
Not entirely correct because then it can't add new images with any surety.
>>
>>55670958
>>55671274
>>55671775
Sometimes clicking an image that is clearly wrong clears the captcha, my guess is that google introduces new images every once in a while that are tested against different users.
Alternatively the machine makes the first guess and is only trained once humans have confirmed the decision.

How many times have you clicked on an image that was clearly correct and had the captcha fail? how many times have you been certain every icecream was selected and yet google says no.
>>
>>55671775
Because of how big and widely used the captcha system is, it can reach thousands of users in an instant. Just prioritize new images so that they get lots of votes, maybe weigh the votes by a "voter score" that shows how often the user votes correctly, then evaluate and incorporate this data into the engine eventually, not instantaneously.
>>
wtf i hate google now
>>
>>55672185
>i hate google now
Better late than never.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.