[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chromebooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: chromebooks-apps-flyout.jpg (78KB, 881x418px) Image search: [Google]
chromebooks-apps-flyout.jpg
78KB, 881x418px
What are these? I want one due to their price and supposed alternative to macbook. I don't want a macbook (for faggots) due to their horrible os. Thanks /g/ and let me understand the chromebook master race.
>>
They're weird computers that you pretty much throw in the trash if they have any issue of any kind.

But they're very cheap and based while they run.
>>
>>55669768
>chromebook
>master race
Pick one.
>>
Literally nothing is compatible with them. What would you use a chromebook for?
>>
>>55669768
Can you install Linux in these?
>>
>>55669808
For browsing the web and emails, perfect for anyone with no interest in computing.
>>
Chromebooks are basically Android tablets with a glued on permanent keyboard and a crippled version of Android.

They are literally the worst fucking thing you could ever own. They have shit storage, shit RAM capacity you can't upgrade and shit OS. Please save yourself the pain and suffering and don't buy one.
>>
>>55669842
That's what a phone is for you google shill.
>>
>>55669796
/thread
>>
>>55669819
Yes.
>>
>>55669861
Yeah but it has a bigger screen mister.

I wish I was shilling for Google at least I'd be making some more pennies.
>>
>>55669845
This senpai is right, unfortunately. Just get a 10" tablet.
>>
>>55669768
>chromeshit

Just get a Surface or any other thin/light meme laptop.
>>
>>55669768
Chromebooks are decent little computers if they suit how you intend to use a computer. Great for standard day to day use and you'd be quite surprised just how much stuff you can get done purely through a web browser, also I do believe Chrome OS will soon have the ability to run Android apps. You can also install Linux distributions alongside Chrome OS through a variety of different methods.

However, don't get one of these if you need a computer that can run very technical/professional/resource-heavy software (Adobe suite, industry tools, video games, etc.)

The best way to decide is to take a look at the Chrome web browser on your own computer, try to find ways to do your normal daily computing through Chrome and see how it works out for you.
>>
>>55669768
If you want a cheap linux laptop, these are a godsend. I got one for £99 and it's specs are good enough to have pycharm open and running a server through django. Linux interface lets you interact with the rest of your stack easily as well. If you can get it as cheap as I did, you may as well get it
>>
>>55669768 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CVOLVPA/
Great specs for the price, but with shitty preinstalled os. Which is not too hard to fix with gallium os or /g/entoo.
But normies are too dumb for it >>55669796 >>55669845 >>55669902 Enjoy your heavy and outdated chinkpads.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.