[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dual boot with kali and windows 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: MarchHare.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MarchHare.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
well i'm not sure if this is the place/way to (try) find out the answear to this question but running out of
options so thought it wouldn't hurt. I just finished up setting up a dual boot with kali and windows 7 pro.
It took me about 4 times to finally get it right and thank god i'm already bald. Now when I boot into kali and
then boot back into windows it hangs at the black screen with the windows log and doesn't go any further. I always
have to run startup repair and sometimes even have to roll back to last known good config. I haven't been able
to find anywhere what the issue could even be close to being. If you could please help in anyway you can or point
me to a place where i can find the answer.....Thank you so much for any help!!!!!

I have looked around on a number of other sites but haven't had any luck....
>>
Sounds like you screwed something up in Windows when creating the partition for Kali
>>
File: smug mai4534.png (226KB, 510x722px) Image search: [Google]
smug mai4534.png
226KB, 510x722px
>>55660347
>installing kali on your HD

It's like you want to be backtraced after getting into the Gibson.
>>
yes that is what it sounds like. I did it a couple of diffrenet ways and followed the instructions to the letter each time...
>>
Not sure hare but im sure someone on here can help
>>
You are booting from the HD you installed GRUB on correct?
>>
Yes i'm booting from the same hd....both are installed on the same drive....even after editing the boot loader in grub. to windows being the default still have the same issue....
>>
>>55660691
Do a practice run with Ubuntu or mint. Idk what you could mess up. Step 1 install windows on first partition of HDD. Step 2 install Linux on second partition. Step 3 done
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.