[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RF Noise over Studio Monitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

How the fuck do you deal with this? Using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 with a TI chipset PCI-E firewire card. That's going to an Alesis power amp, driving a couple monitors.

Sound is high frequency and changes as I move the mouse/do tasks, so I'm pretty sure its RF from the PC.

I'm poor so I need to be pretty sure of how to fix this. My power amp doesn't have balanced inputs. Could getting one that does fix it?

I've also considered this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-HD400-2-Channel-Hum-Destroyer/dp/B000KUD2G4

but I don't know if it will work for my problem, since it's not a ground loop issue.

Please bros...please.
>>
>>55659164

Who is this ejaculate bacchelaureate?
>>
>>55659164
Make sure the Focusrite is using its own power supply, not the 12v from FW. I have no idea though if that model is prone to coupling noise from the digital interface anyway.
>but I don't know if it will work for my problem, since it's not a ground loop issue.
If it's not a ground loop issue, it won't help. Are you sure it's not a ground loop issue? Do you even know for sure everything is grounded? I'm going to bet it's not....
>>
>>55659650
It's using its own power supply.

No, I suppose I don't know for sure. Guess I should look up how to check. But I had assumed it wasn't a ground loop issue because I thought those are characterized by a low frequency hum.
>>
>>55659691
>But I had assumed it wasn't a ground loop issue because I thought those are characterized by a low frequency hum.
Usually yes. It's possible to couple higher frequency noise as well though.

Where noise is coming from can even make the experienced old geezers tear their hair out. "Check everything, don't give up"
>>
>>55659164
>>55659481

its modern art by boris hoppek, I can't find the girls name.
http://www.borishoppek.de/yes-accurate-artwork-serious/photos-showing-women-with-problems-or-just-being-beautiful/
>>
>>55659164
I built a cheap PC for music/video only.
One of there ASUS low EMI mobos, amd APU, passive cooling, xonar essence ST, isolated the holes with copper foil.

Also got an IR remote for it.
Not interference, no buzz, it just werks, plays shit over bluetooth, airplay, dlna and network storage.

I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>55659966
I use my PC for music production, so this is not an option.
>>
>>55659729
Thanks for the help, anon.
>>
>>55659994
Try using different outputs. I get mouse buzz when I switch to WASAPI.
>>
If there is anything I learned from my ECE degree, it is that there is never enough bypass capacitors. One of my buddy's projects had noise on one of his gpio pins on a breakout board. Turns out it was very uniform....uniform enough to be the clock of the microprocessor he was using. Threw a bypass cap in there and shit was straight cash.
>>
A few years ago, I spent two full time weeks trying to isolate where RF was coming from. I actually rebuilt an amp from the ground up, convinced at one point it must be coming from a bad ground somewhere inside.

It turned out I was right---sort of. The ground prong was broken off inside the plug so it wasn't grounded. That big metal case is useless as shielding if it ain't grounded.
>>
>>55659164
I use one of those on my setup. It's brilliant as it does not destroy the lower frequencies like a lot of cheap hum removers do. Don't touch the Ebay barrel type they are absolute shit.
>>
>>55660354
Were you having high frequency noise or what?
>>
HOLY SHIT I FUCKING FIXED IT.

Googling for hours. Someone made a comment about Gigabyte boards and C states/Speedstep. Searched for that and others had issues.

I have a z170 Gigabyte board. Just turned all that shit off and the PC noise is gone. Cannot believe this shit.

I just saved myself quite a bit of pain and money.
>>
>>55660531
Which now makes me realize why I didn't have the issue on my last build. I had all that stuff off for my OC.
>>
>>55660541
I have this issue with my power amp, a ratshack ground loop isolator reduced that noise you described by a good margin.

>returned it, wanted to test a lot of the popular isolators and such with my measurement mic
>might be unemployed soon so delaying my purchases
I'll add what you said to the list of things to try
>same outlets
>different circuit
>speaker wire from PSU to chassis
>ground loop isolator x,y,z
>disable c-states/speedstep
>>
>>55660531
A good firewire interface should isolate you from that.

Good you fixed it, but it might be coupling other noise in....
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.