[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I make a mistake studying cyber security?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hackerman.jpg (917KB, 1405x1599px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
917KB, 1405x1599px
Studying a post grad in cyber security only have experience in web development and digital marketing. I'm fucked aren't I? My father generation could flunk out of high school and still get a well paid job with a employee actually willing to train their staff, something which doesn't happen at all now. I just want to kill myself at this point I have been robbed of any hope.
>>
The US government is fucking clamoring to hire cyber security graduates lately. Why do you think you're fucked?
>>
>>55658808
I'm in Australia & I previously worked in web dev/design and the field has gone to shit thanks to Pajeets and his thousands of inbred cousins producing pieces of crap for cheap prices.
>>
>>55658737
I'm surprised someone agreed to mentor you without prior cyber security experience
>>
>>55658870
When did OP ever say that.
>>
>>55658808
The US government is actually slowing down a lot on hiring "cybersecurity" graduates, mostly because it has become readily apparent most of them know fuck all about computers and it's starting to bite the government in the ass and cost them money.
>>
>>55658929
Post grad?
>>
>>55658958
>Ahh so more baby boomer bullshit
readily apparent most of them know fuck all about computers
>How the fuck is that possible?
>>
>>55658979
Clearly he studied a different IT/Computer course from Cyber Security and now he is doing cyber security in the hope of a networking or security job.

He mentions in the OP he only has done work in web dev and design.
>>
>>55658992
>>How the fuck is that possible?

It's because a cybersecurity degree is the new business degree of the 2010s. People are graduating 4-year programs focused on cybersecurity but can't explain what a stack is. They can write policies, but they aren't technical enough to actually implement any of them
>>
>>55659059
>stack is an abstract data type that serves as a collection of elements.

It has two principal operations, push, which adds an element to the collection, and the pop, which removes the most recently added element that has not yet been removed.

This is basic shit how could they not know this?
>>
>>55659059
>business degree of the 2010s
So it's good?
>>
>>55659110
I'm referring to the call stack. For anyone in cybersecurity that should be the only stack they care about.

>>55659158
Business degrees were good?
>>
>>55659181
Business degrees were good?
They were then feminists started taking them and here we are with the courses dumbed down.
>>
You went to the wrong school. I had to turn down job offers coming out of school for security.
>>
>>55658992
>>55659110
>>55659482
Holy fucking shit learn how to greentext properly you newfag
>>
>>55658979
I'm studying a masters
>>
>>55658958
Are employment prospects in the west still good?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.