[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related worth it? Does it really help with eye strain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 51vEnoIw7bL._SX522_.jpg (12KB, 522x348px) Image search: [Google]
51vEnoIw7bL._SX522_.jpg
12KB, 522x348px
Is pic related worth it? Does it really help with eye strain?
>>
Unless you're in a very bright room it's hugely helpful. Best living room upgrade i've ever done. All you need is a $20 led strip and a 12v power supply. A pwm dimmer is nice too, they're around $7.
>>
>>55657869
That's not a bad idea.
>>
>>55657818
Yes it does. Had one for 6 months and best decision I've made for my eyes
>>
File: 15h00lm[1].jpg (3MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
15h00lm[1].jpg
3MB, 4160x3088px
>>55657818
Very much so.
>>
How cheap can i get something like that? I dont want to spend 20 bucks on a stupid light bulb
>>
>>55658548
There are many different types of led strips but strips are the way to go in my opinion.

I would do smd 5050 leds because they can be so bright they look sweet in broad daylight. they pretty much all come in 5 meter long strips, if you buy any shorter they're just cut down from 5m strips.

there are cheaper strips with 150 leds per strip, and more expensive strips with 300 leds per strip. imho i would want 300's if you are using them behind a bright display.

I'd buy the waterproof ones because they have a tendency to be flatter, the cheap non-waterproof ones often have folds and bends in the strip where the adhesive was stuck on poorly resulting in a permanent bend in the pcb that can cause the colors in that section to be different or not light up at all

waterproof smd5050 300's are like the most expensive strips you can buy but in my opinion worth it. You can get a whole kit with the 2 led strips, controller with remote, and power supply for $20.

Thats 600 stupid light bulbs (actually three diodes per bulb so 1800 stupid tiny light bulbs)
5050's can get stupid bright.
cheaper led's have shitty adhesive and I wouldn't even bother peeling the tape at all, I'd just glue them or zip tie. if they have 3M adhesive its actually good and worth using. Bending the pcb can fuck up the bent section or possibly break the + line for the whole strip, so I'd also recommend these right angle clip on connectors so you can do neat corners

I used to think it was stupid spending money on these kinds of light but I've now bought 10 seperate led strips and put them everywhere. I've got them behind my tv, behind my dual desktop monitors, inside my grand piano, under my kitchen cabinets, inside my tool box, battery powered ones on rc airplanes and my bike. They really are fucking cool pieces of kit

I'd also reccomend the 12v power supplys that have a wall wart rather than the kind that run a cable into a power brick, then another cable to the led controller
>>
>>55658728
Link me like a cheap chink one youd reccomend from gearbest or somewhere
>>
I can get cheapass 10$ 5 meters rgb led strips with controller and power supply, is it really worth it?
i'm not willing to spend more than 10$ for a fucking light
>>
>>55658757

http://www.gearbest.com/led-strips/pp_1618.html
http://www.gearbest.com/led-accessories/pp_354485.html

I would skip the adhesive strip and go straight to hotglue or something else.
>>
>>55658805
you should be willing to spend 10$ for your eyes
>>
>>55658805
yeah probably.
Of the 10 that I've bought, I would say 6 of them were chinkshit, and 3 of those were non-waterproof.
The non waterproof ones all worked fine on the roll and just after unrolling them, but after manipulating them during mounting the folds in the pcb started to cause problems, all three have sections (three led segments) that dont light properly or show wrong colors because of a bend in the pcb in that spot. the adhesive strip went on after the bend occorued because the adhesive is flat while the pcb is folded. For this reason I'd go with waterproof led's, they are much flatter, which should mean your less likely to break them during installation or just have them broken on arrival
>>
Why not just work with the lights on?
>>
>>55657818

What is this?
>>
File: eeacdbc6e1e4ffb.jpg (28KB, 790x560px) Image search: [Google]
eeacdbc6e1e4ffb.jpg
28KB, 790x560px
Phillips made a tv with back wall lighting built in, honestly surprised it never caught on.
>>
>>55658432
shit's looking pretty comfy
>>
Is there a way to make the back LEDs change so it reflects what is on the monitor?

>>55660548
Is what got me interested.
>>
>>55660548
Did that make it a noticeable amount more expensive than other TVs?

I figure if I was buying a TV I'd just get the biggest 4k res I can afford, so if it were the choice between; another 2 inches on the screen or neat lights, I'd take the screen size.

The only benefit of it for TVs is the wow factor I think... I've never noticed eye strain due to the tv brightness afaik, you sit way further back than when on a PC.

Either way the effect that that Phillips does is pretty neat, do you know the model?
>>
File: IMG_5936 as Smart Object-1.jpg (347KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5936 as Smart Object-1.jpg
347KB, 1000x667px
Totally worth it.

I got 15m of 5050 led strips for my station and I want even more.
>>
>>55662835
>>55663067
Also, I've been wanting to try out this ambilight setup for pc. Lightpack I think it's called.

But it doesn't come with enough LED strips. Maybe it's possible to get a different strip that has the same capabilities.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.