[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Socket LGA 775

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: CPU_Socket_LGA775(T).jpg (68KB, 300x506px) Image search: [Google]
CPU_Socket_LGA775(T).jpg
68KB, 300x506px
Could /g/ help me with some hardware issues? I'll even greentext it,here it goes:
> own a mother board with intel's LGA 775 socket
> current processor its a dual core that runs at 2.6 ghz
I'm considering
>buying a Core 2 Quad (Q9400) that runs at the same speed(2.6ghz,has 2 more cores,and twice the cache memory)
Also,without really wanting
> Felt into the searching hype and buyed two dirt cheap pentium 4's of amazonvthat run at 3ghz but without thinking that..well
> pentium 4,1 core
>inb4 hurr duurr spend 1000+ buckaroos on a new pc
> inb4 hate
>>
Check mobo chipset

See if mobo supports cpu you want
>>
>>55657540
Yes,it does,the thing is I dont really know if its worth it? also
> would upgrading the cpu would affect the RAM? I mean?
> Could I get 2x4GB ddr3? Right now I have 2x2GB
>>
>>55657520
All LGA 775 processors will physically fit in an LGA 775 socket, but not all of them will work. It depends on your motherboard's chipset.

Check your motherboard's manual online to see if it can support Core 2 Quads. Even then, bare caution since it may only support the older 65nm Core 2 Quads. (the Q9400 is a 45nm Core 2 Quad)
>>
File: 6392981.png (89KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
6392981.png
89KB, 417x234px
>>55657611
Well,I run a few searches and came to the conclusion that you're right .. the chipset its Intel G41Express,and aparenttly on Intel's website there's this whole list of processor that are compatible with the chipset..
> mfw i spent 20 buckarros on useless pc parts
>>
>>55657540
sorry to this bro,you were right also..
>>
File: x5470.png (67KB, 1238x412px) Image search: [Google]
x5470.png
67KB, 1238x412px
>>55657520
dont buy core2anything
just get x5470 or x5460 and overclock it
you can be this comfy
>>
>>55657520
You realize you're atleast 7 generations behind, right?

Get a decent i5 and a newer motherboard, it'll decimate the q9400.
>>
>>55658454

I just replaced a q9400 build. It's not worth it dude. Do what he says.

And yes, getting 2x4 gb of ram would noticeably increase performance (I got a few more years out of my build this way) if you multitask a lot, but you'll be overpaying for old as fuck ram.

Just save up and get something new rather than making these pointless little upgrades. I went through the same thing as you by spending $300 upgrading my build to SATA 3, an SSD, and more RAM, and while it helped, it was ultimately a pointless stopgap.

"The cheap man pays twice."
>>
>>55657520

i have that setup with a Q8400 2.6 GHz overclocked at 3.6 GHz and a GTX970
and overall most games work fine

But i think its better to get a new gen mobo/cpu
Sometime ago one of my 2gb RAM just stopped working and it was a hassle to find a replacement that could work with my setup and that didn't cost way too much
>>
Depending on your chipset, another option is a Xeon X3220. It's basically a Q6600. It worked in my Optiplex 745.
>>
Use this to help you find a cheap q series cpu: http://www.ebay.com/sch/gilco4070/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654
>>
>>55657520
X5450
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.