[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

monitor calibration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>tfw just calibrated my monitor
>feels good man

Why haven't you calibrated your monitor(s) yet, /g/?
>>
cuz color accuracy isn't important for my work

and colorimeters are expensive and I don't know anyone that already has one
>>
Don't need one, wont waste 200 dollars on it
>>
>>55656945
>>55656931
Enjoy when the products you buy don't match the pictures
>>
>>55656931
Just rent one
>>
>>55656978
99% of them are taken with shitty point and shoots anyway. And anything used will be taken with a fucking phone camera. Nothing you buy will match the pictures either.
>>
>>55656931
>>55656945

A ColorHug2 is only 85 GBP which is about $110.
>>
>>55657000
Yeah but i'm talking about studio pictures the manufacturers use to sell their products online. Even if they capture and edit the pictures in a color-managed system the final user usually does not have his/her display properly adjusted so all the effort to preserve the original colors as much as possible goes to the trash.
The same thing happens with TV, all those hours of camera alignment and color grading in post are done for nothing because the viewer has its TV set in "dynamic mode" and he won't see the picture as intended.
>>
>buy Dell Ultrasharp display
>comes with 6,000k white point and >1.0 DeltaE out of the box

Can someone explain this meme to me? What is the point of paying a premium for a supposedly "factory calibrated" display if the calibration is whack anyway?
>>
>>55657186
They probably do a quick calibration (time is money). Also I think that factory calibration is somewhat standard and not a premium feature.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.