[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting a Kobo glo HD for reading light novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: GloHD_right_reading.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GloHD_right_reading.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
Thinking about getting a Kobo glo HD for reading light novel and manga (maybe?)

Is it better than Kindle paperwhite 3?
>>
File: b0sIsfL.jpg (75KB, 921x1055px) Image search: [Google]
b0sIsfL.jpg
75KB, 921x1055px
>>55651744
It's made by Nips, of course its better.
>>
>>55651744
>Kobo glo HD
I've never seen this thing. It looks similar to the paperwhite which I do own. Is the main advantage that you can read other formats like epub with it?
>>
>>55651781
Yeah you can read epub, cbr and cbz (manga/comic format) natively with it
>>
>>55651795
That sounds awesome. OP I can tell you from experience converting shit for the kindle can be a serious pain in the ass. The formatting is often fucked up.
>>
>>55651744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dryMhj_064
>>
>>55651744
grow up and stop reading that shit
>>
>>55651903
>light novel and manga (maybe?)
>>
>>55651914
the only light novel that I can accept is logh
>>
>>55651967
It doesn't have a to be a weeb novel. At least OP didn't say so.
>>
>>55651828
It's not that bad. All you need is Calibre which if you spend 10 minutes with you can format and neatly categorize all your shit and sync it with the kindle.

OG Paperwhite owner here, thing is still with me and pretty much perfect. The thing I love most about the paperwhite is the incredible battery life even with the backlight turned all the way up. It's a tad unresponsive and moving pages gives you the weird screen jitter but its nothing to be concerned about...

If you can be sure the battery life is good then go for it. Value is also worth considering, surely there are older paperwhites dirt cheap nowadays? Everything else such as screen size is down to preference I suppose, I don't really care about a large screen, I can read manga off my kindle just fine really.

It's a single function device, just make sure it's up to your spec, price range and reliable. They''re all really flexibile, unless there's some crazy DRM on new kindles that I don't know about
>>
>>55651744
Paperwhite 3 is better. Kobo aura HD is better than both
>>
>>55651795
>>55651828
The native reader sucks, though. You'll just end up using koreader. The real reason to use a koboglo is easy modification, and the option to run android on it.
>>
>>55651744
What're the cheapest of the Paperwhite, and it's Kobo and Nook equivalents?

Just want 300ppi and backlit screen, which is the cheapest for that?

>tfw still using Kindle Keyboard with no backlight
>>
>>55651744
>shiny inner bevel
>shiny logo on bottom edge

Why do they do this shit?
>>
>>55651757
What was the point in posting that image
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.