[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I migrate from Arch to Parabola?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1468901602947-g.png (559KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
1468901602947-g.png
559KB, 500x527px
Should I migrate from Arch to Parabola?
>>
>>55651721
No.
>>
>>55651728
Fair enough. Why shouldn't I?
>>
>>55651755
Why should you? Does it offer any advantages to you?
>>
>>55651942
It eases my paranoia. That's pretty nice
>>
>>55652030
Don't be paranoid unless you are actually doing something important. I used to work in a secret government project and the way we used to deal with that was not using anything connected to the internet or internet services. There's no way around it. If you are connected to the internet, no matter what software are you using, there's the possibility that someone could spy on you BUT no one is going to waste time and money if you aren't doing anything relevant.
>>
Yes. You should have gone with Parabola from the get-go.
>>
>>55652394
Why?
>>
>>55652421
You know why, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.
>>
>>55652430
This only adds to my paranoia.

Let's say for the sake of anyone lurking, why should I migrate?
>>
>>55652450
Do you want to be running any botnet on your computer?
If the answer is "no," does Arch have a policy against including botnet in their repositories? Does Parabola?
>>
>>55652478
Stop fucking with the schizophrenic guy.
>>
>>55652579
Arch - no policy of removing nonfree software when found, no distinction between free and nonfree software.
Parabola - clear and definite policy, actively removes packages containing even nonfree media when they are made aware of it.
If you want to run proprietary software, run Arch. Otherwise, run Parabola.
>>
>>55652627
I agree with you, buy proprietary software doesn't equal to botnet.
>>
>>55652681
Just where do you think you are?
>>
>>55652688
In a shithole full of retards. Am I wrong?
>>
>>55652745
Yes. If you can't see how a video game card game that's GPLv3 but with CC BY-NC assets is botnet, then you are the retard here.
>>
>>55651721
Consider hyperbola instead
>>
>>55651721
That's like migrating from pretending to be retarded to going full retard.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.