[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can all Androids be rooted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: android_800_thumb800.jpg (12KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
android_800_thumb800.jpg
12KB, 800x450px
I wanna know if it is possible to root all android phones, or if there are certain phones that won't let you do it.
>>
>>55651116
>I wanna know if it is possible to root all android phones, or if there are certain phones that won't let you do it.

Yes.
>>
>>55651144
I'm just a bit confused. I just bought a cellphone, and I don't understand a lot about these little things. I got one of those country-specific models, so I can't find a lot of information about it.
>>
>>55651116
No. Definitely not. There's a war back and forth about it. But there are plenty of phones that can't. Although a lot of times it's just a matter of getting enough people interested in looking for a crack. And then companies can release updates that invalidate the cracks and it goes back and forth. What phone do you have?
>>
>>55651223
LG K350ds
>>
just go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and select your specific device and you will find all the answers you need
>>
>>55651302
Except that my device isn't there.
>>
>>55651248
Have you tried kingo yet?
>>
>>55651325
Yep. I've tried a bunch of different 'one click root' programs. Didn't work.
>>
>>55651116
Rooting just means to install an su binary in /usr/bin or some other place where it can be executed. When most people talk about rooting, they are looking for an exploit to install it. Once rooted, you can pretty much close or ignore that exploit since any app requiring su permissions now must go through a superuser managing app, if you install one.
>>
>>55651355
You probably took an update to a newer version of android that patched all the known exploits. And since you have an uncommon model nobody cares about, you'll probably never get root, unless they find something that applies to a large number of phones.
>>
>>55651394
:(
i'm sad now
>>
>>55651415
You could try looking into how to use stagefright if your device is vulnerable. There's a guide floating around on how to get a reverse shell running. Download an su binary and superuser app to your phone's storage, get a reverse shell running as root, and then move those files to where they need to go and do a chmod. Should work.
>>
>>55651318
Ok this is how you do it when no root is known

Open up the back, you might need a nylon pry bar and a heat gun

Carefully remove the SIM card, and battery

The battery will be the big block

Ok, now carefully hold the battery in your mouth, don't bite down hard, just hold out there with your teeth resting against it on either side

Hold the SIM card between your eyebrows and with your dominant hand hold a hammer about 12 inches from the rear of the SIM card

Yell "INSTALL GENTOO FAGGOT!" as loud as you can with the battery in your mouth then simultaneously bite down on the battery as hard as you can and drive the SIM card into your forehead with the hammer

If you did everything right you will have rooted yourself and you'll never need to root your individual phones again
>>
>>55651742
so funny :DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
Go to developer's option (see google on how to do it)
Turn on 'unlock bootloader'
install adb and phone drivers (google ... + your phone will probably show CD ROM mode if you're lucky when you connect the USB)
reboot to fastboot mode (google.....)
unlock bootloader using adb fastboot unlock bootloader (google...)
finally install kingoroot or similar one click root to root.
Now install superuser SU and give it permission and uninstall kingoroot or other malware rooters.
also see xda
>>
>>55651116
Can they all be rooted? Yes. Will they all be rooted? No.
>>
Anyone know how to root a non dev edition galaxy note edge
SM-N915V
>>
Its also gonna depend on your carrier, OP. I know Verizon has some nasty anti root security going on. For instance, I can't root my Note 5, but someone with a Note 5 from Sprint or something can root all day with theirs
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.