[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are chromebooks the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: chromebook.jpg (3KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
chromebook.jpg
3KB, 289x175px
Are chromebooks the future?
>>
>>55648881
For normies, absolutely yes.
>>
Neck yourself.
>>
>>55648881
You mean botnet being the future? Yes.
>>
>>55648881
No. Boycott all Google things from the USSA.
>>
It's the only hope of a year of the Linux desktop.
>>
>>55648881
>Chromebooks
>The future
>>
>no super modifier on the keyboard
>ARM
>4 GiBs of RAM in top-end models
>locked down operating system
No, but normalfags might love it.
>>
When they roll out the Play Store for Chromebooks soon it'll be a really good option for most people.
>>
Seems like a solid option for someone that prefers a laptop to a phone when on the go.

I'd take one to a hotel for a week.
>>
>>55648881
no
>>
File: vomit.jpg (23KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
23KB, 399x388px
>>55648881
Those things are disgusting. I'd rather use a fucking mac.
>>
>>55648881
fad that's already on the verge of dying out
>>
>>55648881
No. Stop shilling them here.
>>
>>55648881
Nope
>>
I love mines
>>
If MS wasn't fucking apeshit retarded they wouldn't have existed in the first place
>>
>>55649404
This
>>
>>55650005
>>55649942
>>55649918
>>55649391
It's basically your most efficient option for travelling. They have their place. Stop being so fucking jaded.
>>
>>55650265
>what is a ThinkPad?
>>
>>55650374
Fucking heavy, hot, loud and short battery life compared to the Chromebook
>>
>tfw I run debian on my chromebook
>people literally hating on it because they don't know how to use one properly
fucking casuals the lot of you
>>
Got one with Ubuntu 14 on it. Its 9/10 for development. 1 point off for not being OS X
>>
>>55648892
normies use macs
>>
>>55648881
Hell no. No one wants that shit.
>>
>>55648881
With Chrome os no
With crouton/Linux yes
>>
>>55651241
if you are rich or poor and financially irresponsible.
>>
>>55648881
If it was offline then it would have been very competitive. Google took Linux and made biggest mobile OS. Why can't they do same with desktop OS?
>>
>>55650374
a pos that only grandpas use
>>
File: cheeky_nige_2.png (955KB, 1066x781px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky_nige_2.png
955KB, 1066x781px
>chrome books
>the future
>>
>>55650265
I would want my travel laptop to work without internet.
>>
Not, but I hope they're here to stay. Having a light fanless notebook is amazing when you're just an anime watching torrent whore on the go.
>>
>>55649026
If there was a non botnet way to have a cheap fanless laptop for speedy browsing i would get that but it doesn't exist. windows is laggy and horrific and you can't load linux on most of the budget windows laptops because they have emmc storage
>>
>>55650921
>extended battery
>replace the optical drive with additional battery
>TrackPoint™ instead of a shitty touchpad
>upgradable

There's X series if you need something tiny.
>>
>>55653118
>I would want my travel laptop to work without internet

Chromebooks do work without internet. You can still use docs, listen to music, watch videos, etc without internet.

But with most people, when there is no internet available, their laptop lid is closed.
>>
>>55650374
>ThickBads
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.