[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small but good smartphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: sony-xperia-z3c.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
sony-xperia-z3c.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
My old one pic related Xperia Z3 compact died.
Before that i had a galaxy S2.

Any good (i mean as good as those in their times) 4,5" phones on the market right now ?

> inb4 Samsung, can't stant those anymore
> inb4 Z5C, glass crackle even more than Z3C i heard, and it was already awful.
>>
>>55614506
Only the iPhone SE, sadly.

Apple is the only company that has the engineering resources to cram good tech into a small phone.
Other manufacturers just make phablets and pretend that that's what people want anyway.
>>
>>55614506
Z5c has a matte carbon back. Stop dropping your phone. Its got an 810 and 23MP sensor. Plus waterproof and dustproofing with no fiddly caps to remove each time you need to chage. Just fucking get it. Sony is the last company to care about your 4.5" wants.
>>
>>55614506
Redmi 3 pro is 5 inch. It's not too big, and battery life is fucking insane. I'm getting 11-13 hours SoT per charge
>>
Nexus 4
>>
>>55614658
I will totally not buy an iphone.

>>55615110
I never drop my phone. But everytime i put my Z3C in the same pocket as my lighter of key, screen get horrible crackles
Waterproofing is nice, but as long as your screen is intact, and the glue of the backplate never get too hot... That's how i killed the last one. But i agree overall sony is an excellent company, with very nice phone. I just wish it has the same glass and solidity as Galaxy S2.

>>55615153
Totally unknown, will check it out !

>>55615167
no.

Thanks all for your replies and suggestion !
>>
>>55615214
* i mispelled. "same pocket as my lighter OR my keys."
> lighter of key could be a thing tho
>>
>>55615214
Don't want to come off as a shill but this redmi is incredible. Lower cpu and gpu performance than my old Nexus 5, more ram though so it actually feels smoother when multitasking.
Worse camera (no ois). Screen is 720p but actually looks nicer than my 1080p Nexus 5 screen, and battery life is out of this world. It also gets really bright so it's still easy to see outdoors and I don't have to worry about brightness with this battery life

Also xiaomi is one of the few Chinese brands that update their phone.
>>
>>55615308
The camera is great for daylight shots, but you'll need a steady hand for night shots since it favors a slower shutter speed over increasing the iso.

It's not waterproof like the Sony phones though.

Speaker gets much much louder than my Nexus 5 did.

It was a sidegrade for me, but I'm just in it for this fantastic battery life
>>
>>55615214
I needed to send back my Z3C to repairs several times. It is meh.
>>
>>55614506
buy iphone 4, install android on it
>>
>>55615308
>>55615326

Hm yeah idk, i checked it and i'm kind of like... meh... i feel i'll lose too much comparing to Z3C, on which battery life was really not a problem.
Idc about update, i really don't like Lollipop/Marshmallow designs, so i stick to Kitkat and if i want something of the new update i generally code a xposed module for myself.
>>
>>55615167
Still rocking this bad boy with custom ROM and new battery. Cant be happier
>>
>>55615359
In that case, did you check out the z5c?
>>
>>55614506
Still using my GSII of 4 years. Still getting a full week on the stock battery. Why do you choose to waste your money like this?
>>
>>55614506
Blu vivo air LTE is decent. Thin, small and light with a decent screen but the camera and battery aren't great, bootloader is still locked and root is only available via Chinese malware.
>>
>>55615427
yep, seems to heat a lot and having less battery life than z3c...

>>55615464
using it while i search a new phone. It's great but camera is aweful and no LTE..

>>55615476
> no camera
> no battery
> no root
> no
>>
>>55615308
Can you tell me the rough difference in their Redmi 3 models? They have
>3
>3 pro
>3 prime (???)
>3 S
>3 S pro
And gsmarena doesn't make the differences clear, nor does Xiaomi's own site
>>
>>55615818
3 is the base model.
Pro has a fingerprint scanner and 3gb ram instead of 2gb
Prime = pro
3s is with the snapdragon 430 instead of 616
>>
>>55615845
Cheers, sorry for the questions, but is the SD 430 or 616 better?
>>
I've had my z3c for about a year now, and by the looks of things, I'll just buy another when it dies.
>>
>>55614506
>4.5"
>small

Fuck, I'm too young to be this dude that don't get consumer market anymore.
>>
>>55616123
> small smartphone
> every word is important.

4.5" is actually small, for a smartphone. Got used to it. It's big for a normal phone. It's ridiculous for a tablet. It's big for an ant.
>>
>>55616338
Well, it's big for a smartphone to me. I can't reach all the screen holding the phone with one hand.
>>
>>55616368
Are you literally a toddler?
>>
>>55616368
>I can't reach all the screen holding the phone with one hand.

Neither can most people, actually. 4.5" is objectively too big for single hand use.

But, you'll still get called a manlet from retards who can't think for themselves and just follow whatever stupid trend companies like Samsung shit out.
>>
>>55616368
>>55616436
i can explore my full screen with my thumb while holding it firmly in hand.
it's small to me.

There's not such thing as objectively too big/small uknow ?
>>
>>55616416
I just have a normal sized thumb.

>>55616436
This. Then they try to sell us "you can leave your phone in your pocket and use your smartwatch". I miss 3.5" phones.
>>
>>55616464
Yer such a big guy :^)
>>
>>55616464
It's objectively too big for most people.
The smartphone market doesn't reflect the actual needs of people at all.

The main reason phones are big is not actual demand, but COST. It's simply cheaper to build big electronics, because you don't need as much engineering skills and precise manufacturing to put all the parts in a bigger box.
>>
>>55614506
Also a Galaxy S2 owner here, had it for 4.5 years. Took a huge bearing over the years, scuff marks up to wazoo, back had pieces chipping off, but kept working like a champ. Moved to a Z5C and I just felt like I was making compromises and settled with that phone. I miss my S2. I even miss how when I'd drop it, the back and battery would go flying out.

Really sucks that there are very few flagship spec phones that are designed for small hands and/or one handed use.

Good luck; I hope you find a good phone that you like.
>>
>>55616532
> It's objectively too big for most people.
You know it's a taste right ? Simply can't be objective, that's it.

> The smartphone market doesn't reflect the actual needs of people at all.
But it's still getting better... your needs and taste are not those of all ppl you know ?

> The main reason phones are big is not actual demand, but COST.
Xperia Z3 and Z3C, Z5 and Z5C are actually enough to show that this argument is pure shit.
>>
>>55615869
I would get neither and get the Redmi note 3 pro with snapdragon 650. But if you're OP 5.5 inches will probably feel to big for you.
>>
>>55616592
The Sony compacts are known for overheating. Not a good example of proper engineering.
>>
>>55615308
>Small but good
>Suggests Xiaomi

Those phones are at least 5"
>>
>>55615427
It's $400! What's the point? At that price I just buy the SE and get in a much bigger ecosystem of apps and accessories.
>>
>>55615476
>Blu vivo air LTE is decent. Thin, small and light with a decent screen
>Thin, small
>small

>4.8"
>small
>>
>>55616338
4.5" may be small when compared to 5" and 6" phones but it is not a small phone. it isn't a matter of opinion its simply a statement of fact.

I guess I'm gonna have to buy a iphone since there are no alternatives worth chasing after.
>>
>>55615214
Get a glass screen protector. Trust me bro. Replace it every month. They're like £1.99
>>
I wonder when smartphone screens will top out in size. I always think they will, but then the "flagship" size just seems to get bigger next year.

>tfw you realize the original galaxy note's screen was only 5.3 inches
>>
>>55616532
>The main reason phones are big is not actual demand, but COST.
Is that why my 4 year old smartphone I got for 20 bucks is like 3.5"?
>>
>>55618658
Are you retarded or do you just play one on /g/ ?

Your phone smartphone didn't cost $20
>>
>>55614506
>inb4 Z5C, glass crackle even more than Z3C i heard
>I heard
No problems here famalam. Used it to replace my Z1c because battery expanded.
>>
>>55615572
>seems to heat a lot and having less battery life than z3c...
>upgrade to 6.0.1
>now lasts 1 day, 2days+ during weekends
>>
>>55618654
still boggles my mind that there are smartphones out there with screens as big as a fucking ereader
>>
Are Sony phones the ONLY Android devices left that have a camera button? Why the fuck is that allowed?
>>
>>55615214
while I hate the glass smartphone trend, they absolutely belong in their own pocket.
>>
BlackBerry Q10
BlackBerry Classic
>>
>>55615419
Would you recommend getting one off ebay for cheap?
I don't game on my phone, I just browse 4chins, watch youtube videos, call, and sms.
>>
>>55616368
>>55616467
My hands are normal sized and i can reach all four corners and do anything i want with it in one hand with my 4'8 galaxy s3
4'5 is more than enough for single handed use
>>
>>55614658
>something like a $500 phone just so that it's small

I want to DIE
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.