[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome OS will be master race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: android-marshmallow.jpg (103KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
android-marshmallow.jpg
103KB, 1280x855px
Sorry windows, sorry Mac OS, sorry Ubuntu... Chrome OS will be King.

Chrome OS is light as fuck, it would run on any hardware, tablet and pc.

It would run most Linux applications and over 1 million android apps.

Game over for Microsoft and apple.

Advantages of Chrome os

>Free - no licenses or subscriptions
>Easy up to date system files and appa
>Very light
>runs 99% of the software you will ever need
>Google play store
>secure, stable
>>
>>55604611
It can also run Windows applications using wine
>>
>>55604611
>Android apps on desktop
Be prepared for an absolutely miserable experience. Wake me up in a few years when developers actually give two fifths of a fuck about how their apps run on the desktop.
>>
>>55604654
Same experience as when using a tablet.

I just want to check my email and read the news I am not asking for experiences whatever that means
>>
>>55604611
and yet
>no photoshop
>>
>>55604611
>Windows
>updates for 10+ years absolute minimum
>updates speed up computer year after year

>Linux
>updates forever for large distros even past the LTS support cut off
>updates until the single maintainer gets a life for small distros

>OSX
>updates for 2-3 years absolute maximum
>updates cripple and slow computer year after year

>iOS
>updates every other month until your iToy becomes a laggy unusable brick

>Android/ChromeOS
>no updates ever
>master race
>>
>>55604998

and yet
>autists still cling on to one (1!) specific application for basic image manipulation.
>>
>>55604678
I'm speaking from experience, it sucks trying to use a keyboard and mouse to run Android apps.
>>
>muh Android apps
I hate tablet apps on computers. I hated them on Windows 8/8.1/10, I hate them now. So thank you but no.
>>
>>55605082

I actually do that one my tablet sometimes. Works pretty good. Middle mouse button binding to Home is retarded, though. This is the only thing that makes RDPing to PC with solidworks a bit awkward.
>>
>>55605057
give me one other application that has as many features in an as easy to use environment for drawing tablets as photoshop
>>
>Cloud computing
It will be King of Facebook machines. Nothing more.
>>
>>55604611
>runs 99% of the software you will ever need
So will it run Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, After Effects CC, Vegas Pro 13, Notepad++, foobar2000, 3DS Max, nVidia Share, f.lux, Discord and muh video games?
>>
>>55604998
Photoshop is a professional commercial product. If your profession requires you to use Photoshop and only Photoshop without even thinking about alternatives, then that's the tool for your job and you should use it. You must have calculated that the subscription cost is minimal compared to the income it creates for you. If your profession locks you into a certain operating system and certain software then there's not much you can do.

But if you are a NEET and only use pirated Photoshop to add more JPEG to worn out meme pictures then you should go kiss a moving train. It wasn't made for you and you don't need it nor even deserve it. Even Paint would be enough for you and you know it.
>>
>>55605232
>thinking paint allows me to use pressure sensitive and anti aliased pencil strokes, let alone let me work with vectors
>>
>>55604611
>lightweight
gonna call your bluff there m8e
>>
>>55605571
>Not even using 1gb of Ram with chrome open
>calling it not lightweight
K.
>>
>>55605372
>thinking paint allows me to use pressure sensitive and anti aliased pencil strokes, let alone let me work with vectors
>implying what you use it for justifies the cost of Photoshop
Tell me when making memes means making bank
>>
>>55604611

Every distro have their own ability, check this out
https://www.linux.com/news/best-linux-distros-2016%20
>>
>>55605053
>muh updates!
>>
>1M+ android apps

lel

How many after you take out all the malware, icon packs, custom launchers, custom gallery apps and all the other useless garbage?
>>
Chrome OS is actually the only chance we have for a good competitor to Windows. Everything else is trash, I think Google could actually do it.
>>
when Ubuntu snap becomes more popular, the unification of Linux distros will be a reality.

No more fragmentation, constant update for each application. OS and kernel updates completely unrelated from normal applications.

WE WILL BE KINGS
>>
File: 0FLZueW.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
0FLZueW.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>55604611

>google play services

BOTNET!
>>
A Macbook is more than just the hardware. I bought a Macbook because I love the aesthetic design. The engineering effort that goes into an Apple product is amazing, and people ignore it because it uses consumer hardware you could find in other computers. It's insane and it's ignorant.

Using OSX is part of the complete package. A beautifully designed aluminum Macbook with an esquisite operating system, that's Unix-based (and I can develop HAPPILY on) and with a UI that was made with time and care. This wasn't a rushed product made by developers contributing to some FOSS project.

That's how I feel. Take it or leave it. As for price.... Apple has an entire team for just making it look pretty. There's a lot of money that comes from the extra effort they do in this part. If you can afford a Macbook, buy it. If not, then don't. But to judge others for spending a little more on a Macbook rather than a lot less on a plastic Thinkpad that they can put Windows or Linux on is not cool. If that's what you want, then you can have it. I like Thinkpads. But I sure as hell wouldn't judge someone for buying a Macbook.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.