[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer Programming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /g/,

I'm looking into learning computer programming
(HTML, C++ etc) and would like to know more information.

If anyone has any information about it,
how to learn it, how to get jobs with it and
how to continue learning it would awesome to
hear your stories and advice.

Alittle background on me;

>24 years old
>started building and using computers @ 14
>above basic knowledge of computers
>never pursued coding, based on mathematical skills (never knew enough about it, school never offered any teachings on it)

So any information about it would be great,
not looking to be a SUPER UBER COMP H4CK3R, just looking to broaden my horizons.
>>
File: 14677568982461.png (378KB, 1450x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14677568982461.png
378KB, 1450x1080px
Nobody learns that at school. Just search for some tutorials or guides to get you started. Make your own personal projects as much as you can. Come to the daily programming thread for any help.

Here are some thingies to do once you know the basics.
>>
>>55579306

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, I've heard that computer coding
involves a lot of math. What math would be
involved?

I could certainly Google the answer, but I find that some sites "dumb" down or don't completely tell you exactly what you need.

So its nice to hear it from someone who actually does this for living.
>>
>>55579206

Same here but 20 :D
Let's see the answers
>>
>>55579335

See this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/157354/is-mathematics-necessary-for-programming
>>
>>55579335
>>55579206

Honestly all you need is the motivation to pick something to do that fits your skill level, and go do it. You have the world's information at your fingertips. Stackexchange is going to be where you find consistently good answers to questions, so prioritize that when you google shit. Just pick a python or some shit and jump right into it. Don't spend a long time worrying too hard about what language you'll use, it's not a lifetime commitment and what really matters are the broader ideas you learn and can apply elsewhere. desu if you can make a flowchart, you can program most things.
>>
>>55579335
>>55579497
this

Remember that you can also ask questions on a lot of places on the internet, including here, if you get stuck.
>>
Are their any threads within 4Chan that outline or even cover this topic?

>people like me (OP) that are mildly curious about coding and CS, and are not sure where to start.

Because it would be nice to sticky this thread for people like me who are not sure where to turn. Having a start up of information to further our knowledge.
>>
>>55579696
It doesn't matter how you start: read a guide, watch a YouTube tutorial, buy a book, have someone teach you. It takes little time from that to making some small thing by yourself.
>>
>>55579206
Holy magic numbers Batman
>>
Someone posted a one drive link that had a ton of textbooks in it at one point. It doesn't work with the authkey anymore however and I don't have a Microsoft account. Can anyone check it?

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFBteyUT1EK1ai0&id=30E482D036894515%21586&cid=30E482D036894515
>>
>>55579206
>HTML
>programming
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.