[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apple appreciation thread? apple appreciation thread. >battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: macbook pro 15 inch (2011).jpg (38KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
macbook pro 15 inch (2011).jpg
38KB, 600x362px
apple appreciation thread?
apple appreciation thread.

>battery easily replaceable
>HDD easily replaceable with a SDD
>optical drive easily replaceable with a second SDD
>beautiful design
>awesome 15" screen
>OSX is basically linux without all the autistic shit
>basically noiseless
>built like a tank
>outstanding keyboard
>intel i5 is enough power for everybody

all thinkpad memes aside, you won't find a better all round computer than this one
>>
>>55509671

>better

Stop using this word and state to your specific use case
>>
only for 1200 dollars.

wow, such cost effective
>>
>>55509694
What's a better all round computer than a MacBook Pro
>>
>>55509671
I've got a 13' MBA from 2014, Can i actually replace the battery myself? I remember a friend trying to replace something in his and apparently everything is soldered to the board.
>>
>>55509734
yes. it's easy to replace the battery on the macbook airs and the old non-retina macbook pros. it's basically impossible on the new retina models

>>55509704
i'm talking about the old pre-retina models, they are pretty cheap on ebay. also, you need to get the old models to be able to upgrade stuff. only downside is no retina, but that's really no big deal
>>
File: 1461792722742.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461792722742.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>55509671
POO
IN
LOO
>>
>>55509721

Again with the word

Better at what?
>>
>>55509734
Most Apple laptops (post-rMBP) are really damn difficult to user-replace anything. I would check iFixit for your specific model and what you can replace on it.

>>55509721
Not that Apple products don't have their merits (they do) but if upgradeability/cost is your game then it's hard not to go with a used ThinkPad (yes OP, i'm going for the thinkpad memes) for fractions of the price of used Apple hardware. And they can make damn fine (and functional) hackintoshes, if OS X is necessary.

>inb4 muh trackpad and aluminum unibody
Those are definitely pros on the Macbooks.
>>
File: 1436921876747.png (195KB, 1297x727px) Image search: [Google]
1436921876747.png
195KB, 1297x727px
>>55509721
Anything with a Pentium III 866Mhz.
>>
>>55509927
>allround computer
>finding the next mersenne prime number
pick one faggot, running you cpu on 100% is retarded on any laptop, if you're gonna do that get a desktop and SSH into it
>>
File: laughing pistachios.jpg (52KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pistachios.jpg
52KB, 700x466px
>>55509671
Lost my shit right there. Good shit OP.
>>
>>55509671
Shake your shilling arse motherfucker.
>>
>>55509927
>Posts on /g/ and doesn't know that frequency means shit when compared between generations.
Well, the fuck did I expect anyway
>>
as a macbook pro owner i have to call OPs bull shit.

lol no
>HDD easily replaceable with a SDD
given you are using some old shit that isn't SSD out of the box
>optical drive easily replaceable with a second SDD
again
>beautiful design
tru
>awesome 15" screen
yes, its one of the better screens on the market, but glare's a bitch
>OSX is basically linux without all the autistic shit
but its still just an average experience
>basically noiseless
hahahahaha lol no, have you tried actually putting some weight on that shit? it will turn into a windtunnel
>built like a tank
if tanks break from a 10 meter fall
>outstanding keyboard
average at best
>intel i5 is enough power for everybody
not the dual core shit they put in those things. but its all limited by the thermal capacity so whatever, don't want it any hotter.

still love it though.
>>
>>55509671
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>55509984
The model he posted was pre-retina. They are extremely easy to remove In fact the old macbook pros were much easier to upgrade and work on than thinkpads are. You unscrew like 10 screws and the entire bottom panel pops off. From there you could upgrade everything. Instead of hating on Apple like a brainless fucking troglodyte, why don't you learn your shit?
>>
>>55510068
>lol no
Yes they are if you're using a 15" quad core from 2012 for example.
>old shit that isn't ssd out of the box
Most people on /g/ are buying laptops that aren't great out of the box. We upgrade shit ourselves. Spend some time in tpg
>optical drive easily replaceable
very true
>glares a bitch
Not on my 2012 quad core i7 with antiglare
>it will turn into a windtunnel
Not true, providing you set up the fan curve correctly it should stay cool. I've had a t420s that ran hotter.
>breaks from a 10m fall
You have to be pretty retarded to drop any laptop. If you're doing something that requires you be at them sort of heights while using your laptop you're not going to spend all the money in the world on a mac.
>average at best
True, as a Model M and F user I find most laptop keyboards garbage
>>
>>55509903
>all round computer
The use case we are talking about is the general use case, not necessarily the best at a lot, but great/good enough for just about any use case you can throw at it.
>>
>>55509671
The iPhone 7 has made me giddy.
>>
File: 1438485522147.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438485522147.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>55510748
thistbhfam cant wait to line up for it xDD
>>
> sdd
>>
>>55510748
NO 3,5" JACK
O

"

J
A
C
K
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.