[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Java

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: java.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
java.png
37KB, 250x250px
I've had 1,5 semester of Java programming at Uni, but I never learned how to solve real problems with it. We covered basic stuff such as oop, standard libraries and concurrency, and I have developed a simple 2d game in libgdx as an assaignment.

What kind of stuff should I learn to get a decent job in Java/Scala after I graduate next summer?
>>
this thread has been pruned or deleted
>>
You should practice with some books. There's Elements Of Programming Interviews, it's a good book
>>
never realized how shitty that logo looks
>>
To get a job in Java you need:

> Java EE
> Hibernate
> Spring MVC
> Lots of theoretical knowledge
> Know design patterns
> MySQL/NoSQL

Then you can apply for a job. Also, useful would be:

> Knowing HTTP/TCP/IP/DNS and how it works
> HTML/JS/CSS
> jQuery/AngularJS/React etc.

As it goes for books, Thinking in java is a must read.

Good luck!
>>
>>55510279
This is decent. I'd suggest starting with Spring Boot and JPA with Hibernate. Most Java jobs require some knowledge of either Java EE or Spring. Then you can look into Netty, RxJava etc.

Spring Boot makes it pretty easy to get started with Spring. Wildfly Swarm is similar but for Java EE.
>>
>>55509504
>Java
>Uni

What kind of shitty university starts with Java? In my uni (a shitty one aswell, but apparently not as much) I have 2 semesters of procedural in Pascal/C, then 2 more of OO with C++, where we learn to solve countless problems, they don't even teach you the fucking language, its like "here learn the language from this book, we will teach you problem solving only"

And AFTER all of that you can take a Programming Lab with Java, which I'm not looking forward to tbqh.

>inb4 1990+26 Pascal

For learning purposes as a first programming course is an excellent language.
>>
>>55509698
This board is safe for work.
>>
>>55510279
For an entry-level job you don't need half of that shit, if you know it fine, but otherwise you learn it in the job.

For me was like:

Interviewer: You know PHP and SQL? We'll make you a small test.

Me: Yes, no problem.

>He takes a look at the test, I skipped stuff he will ask me below

Interviewer: Do you know anything about *list of frameworks* *github* *mvc* *etc*.

Me: No

Interviewer: No matter, we'll teach you, can you start tomorrow?

If it was for a semi-senior position then yes, you need to know that shit, but having experience you probably do anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.