[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently just bought a GTX 1070, was planning on getting a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Image_01S.jpg (193KB, 1827x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Image_01S.jpg
193KB, 1827x1258px
I recently just bought a GTX 1070, was planning on getting a 4K monitor, will I be able to play recent and future games fine on a 4K monitor or should I get a 1440p monitor instead? What are your thoughts /g/?
>>
File: ov vey gaymer.png (106KB, 1064x698px) Image search: [Google]
ov vey gaymer.png
106KB, 1064x698px
>>55505855
Get a 1440p IPS goy-Sync display for maximum visual fidelity

I have the FreeSync equipped MG279Q and it's the best purchase I've made since the i7-2600K.
>>
>asking these question AFTER you buy things

full retard
>>
>>55505873
I'll check it out, and nice we got the same CPU.

>>55505946
I bought the graphics card which I was gonna get regardless, what I wanna know is what monitor to get that will go good with that graphics card.
>>
>>55505998
1070 will be in the mid 40 fps range at 4K at max settings. It will get 60+ fps in mostly everything at 1440p. If you're willing to turn down settings you might be able to get 60 fps at 4K with the 1070 is most games.
>>
Get a 1080. You're not poor are you?
>>
144hz 1440p
>>
>>55505855
no cards atm are able to have a fluent 4k gameplay unless you seriously disable some graphic details
>>
>>55505855
Ultra-meme-wide resolutions.
It's better than 4K anyway.
>>
>>55505855
You'll be able to play at 4K but you'll have to disable shit, definitely no AA in most cases and even then you'll have to drop settings to get 60FPS.

4K looks amazing though, there's nothing that can replace the amazing sharpness inherent to high-DPI displays.
>>
i'd go with 1440p. it would be alright with 4k for now, but it won't be long before it starts really struggling.
>>
How many inches would you guys suggest?
>>
1070 gives 40fps at ultrameme 1440 in Witcher 3. 45 fps if I turn hairworks AA down a bit.
At 4k you'll need to turn off a lot of stuff to get 60 fps.
>>
>>55505855

I have a 1070 and a 4k 43" Samsung as my "monitor"

GTA V you will get 60fps @ 4k, approx high settings. Witcher 3 you will get 60fps with Low/Med settings. MGS Phantom Pain is easily Very High on 4k. You don't need anti-aliasing with 4k.

The 1070 *is* a 4k card if you can handle Medium settings.

In my opinion, forget 1440p. 1440p you're stuck with an ant-sized screen. There's no point, you may as well keep using a 1080p screen and downsample from 1440p, it would look nearly the same in terms of a game's image quality. The only advantage 1440p PC screens have is high framerate.

Anyone who has had a 40"+ 4k screen on their desk will never go back.

Ultrawide is a waste of time now we have cards that can drive 4k.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.