[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flat/material design sucks ass. I miss the old bloated AF designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: flat-design.jpg (67KB, 792x395px) Image search: [Google]
flat-design.jpg
67KB, 792x395px
Don't you?

Just look at this, could it be any more homo?
>>
It's minimal which is good.
>>
Flat is cucked, material is nice
Holo dark for android was the best
>>
>>55440549
>"af"
kill yourself
>>
>>55440549
Personally I'm a fan of minimal flat design but if we're going off of your original image it's too pastel for me.
>>
>>55440549
greyscale is the way to go
>>
File: 233434734.png (365KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
233434734.png
365KB, 768x768px
>>55440549
Flat & Material designs are superior in every way, shape and form compared to the Glossy & Transparent trash.
>>
I think material design is great honestly
>>
File: b5petracker.png (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
b5petracker.png
15KB, 640x480px
>>55440549
it's alright as long as it's not taken to the extreme
something like beos would be nice
>>
>>55441438
not for information density
>>
>>55440680
Middle one is the best. Mostly flat with some slight depth to it.
>>
File: chrome.png (12KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
12KB, 758x720px
>>55440680
At least graphic designers are being paid for something in case of material and glossy design. You actually have to have some kind of skill to pull those off well.

Flat is nothing but a sad joke by hipster graphic designers so they can collect heaps of cash for 1/5 the work. Look at Windows 10. It's a joke. Just a bunch of lines and rough shapes. Then look at Windows 7 or Vista icons. At least you know that whoever did them was actually talented.

Pic related took me 5 minutes to do in MS Paint
>>
>>55440680
First column is god-tier, second column is mid-tier and third column is bullshit-tier
>>
File: top.png (886KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
top.png
886KB, 1440x900px
>>55440549

The general looks of an UI (colorful vs serious, dark vs light, flat vs 3d and so on) are a matter of personal preference.
What's important is the practicality of the interface: presenting the information to the user, how easy is to identify the elements and the ways you can interact with, how easy is to do a certain task.
Having in mind all this, you can objectively say that Material Design is a bad UI language and a regress from "older" functional design (like Holo or even Skeuomorphism).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.