[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What SHOULD you /edc/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Sup /g/, this is an every-day-carry thread, but instead of just spamming the discussion with photos of random objects, I was wondering if we could get a consensus of what a person in today's world should have on their person at all times?

Assume on average, since a person in one part of the world (hell even one part of the U.S.) might not need to carry exactly what someone else would. That kind of goes for male/female, profession, etc. as well. Different people need to have different things. Should everyone /EDC/ a bottle of water? Maybe, maybe not. What about a packet of aspirin? Or disposable tissues?

Let's say everyone needs to carry a wallet, right? What about:

>pen
>paper
>multi-tool

Should everyone have that on them at all times? They're all cheap, extremely convenient, and small. Or, is it better to say that everyone should have a smartphone by now, which even the most low-income person could afford, given the more moderately priced models.

What do you think?
>>
Wallet, phone and keys
>>
I carry wallet, phone, keys, Power bank
>>
>>55342870
>>55342893

So you're saying everyone DOES carry a wallet, phone and keys, or that those are the bare-minimum things that everyone should carry, and everything else is extra?
>>
I go all-out and carry a tablet bag, so my standards are different from most people's. Within, I carry a tablet, along with a Bluetooth keyboard and a tablet stand. Soon, I might trade that for an iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard.

Additionally, carrying a power bank is a good idea, but you also need to carry cables. I carry one Lightning cable, one micro-USB, and one wall adapter (permitting me to charge anything, including the battery, from the wall if I must).

For tying cables together, I recommend Gear Ties. They're reusable and easier to get on and off than rubber bands.

And, yeah, multitool, mechanical pencil, bag-o-change, earbuds, etc.

I get a lot of shit from the "hurr hurr you carry a purse" faggots, but carrying even a small bag dramatically expands the scope of what's practical to carry. I'd recommend it.
>>
wallet, phone, keys, inhaler
and an adhesive bandage in case of ouchies
>>
>>55343326
>I get a lot of shit from the "hurr hurr you carry a purse" faggots

Well a tablet bag goes on your back, right? Like a camel bag? Maybe if it looked like a messenger bag someone would call it a purse, but if it's a backpack then it shouldn't look the type.

What kind of power bank do you carry? How good is it at charging your tablet?
>>
>>55342805
how about just what you fucking need.

wallet and keys, thats it. phone if im expecting a call. people are way too clingy with their phones these days, if someone wants to contact me they'll leave information for me to call them back, i dont need to be available at all times.

however if im going into a black neighborhood i'll carry my telescopic baton and two glock 18's.
>>
File: BandanaUses1.jpg (205KB, 521x1100px) Image search: [Google]
BandanaUses1.jpg
205KB, 521x1100px
>>55343347
>and an adhesive bandage

Why not just carry a bandana in your pocket? You can use it to stop bleeding PLUS everything else.
>>
>>55343418
>however if im going into a black neighborhood i'll carry my telescopic baton and two glock 18's

Can't tell if this is bait or if you're trying to be funny.
>>
>>55343372

It's messenger-style. I find it more useful, as it's easier to sit down and/or reach in to get something while wearing it.

The power bank is an Anker PowerCore 20000mAh, and it does a great job as far as I can tell. I can survive off the power grid for days at a time with a fairly robust tech loadout, and, even at the end of that, I only need a single power outlet for an afternoon to top off all of it. And it all weighs about 5 pounds in total, and exists more or less within the footprint of a 10" tablet.

(One of the heaviest items is a UE Roll speaker, which I treasure.)
>>
>>55343444
i was trying to be funny you autistic tramp.

fucking /g/ is a terminally ill board i swear.
>>
>>55343418
>how about just what you fucking need.
>wallet and keys, thats it.

>buys a beer
>can't open it
>buys an electronic
>stuck in packaging
>car breaks down
>totally fucked
>cute grill asks for light/tissue/anything
>Sorry, just have what I need
>headache
>too bad there isn't some BC powder in my wallet
>walking to car at night
>drops keys
>can't see wish I had my phone, or a flashlight, or even a lighter
>guy in the office needs help with doing something
>no tools, no nothing in my pockets
>bored
>wish I had brought my phone, or a pocket book, or a deck of fucking cards

I could go on.
>>
>>55343512
cheeky cunt. you should assume from my post that if i'm going out i'll take what i need with me for whatever task i have to complete.

i'd rather not carry a backpack around with everything i could ever possibly need in it. that's how they catch you.
>>
>>55343578

I get it's a bitch to have your pockets bulging with stuff, but how do you NOT think it's pertinent to at least have a LED light and a multi tool attached to your keys?
>>
>>55343578
>i'd rather not carry a backpack around with everything i could ever possibly need in it. that's how they catch you

Who the fuck are "they?"
>>
File: 4L_cw27GTPd.jpg (410KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
4L_cw27GTPd.jpg
410KB, 1500x1500px
>>
File: $_35.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>55343915

Camel bags are pretty good at going unnoticed. Take out the bladder and you have a backpack that hugs your frame.
>>
>>55342805
Keys, wallet, phone, gun. Sometimes wallet, phone, keys are options.
>>
File: 4L_wAiZi8yp.png (242KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
4L_wAiZi8yp.png
242KB, 500x421px
>>55344166

>gun
>>
>>55344221
xD
>>
>>55343226
The latter
>>
I carry:
>phone
>wallet
>knife
>watch
>sunglasses when relevant
>keyring with keys
>and a small Victorinox
>and a small AAA flashlight (Fenix E05 V2)
>and a 64GB flashdrive

thinking about dropping the knife though for most situations. It seems to just get in the way and the small one on the SAK does just fine. Although, I have found myself reaching for it for quick things that just need to get cut now and I can't fuck with my keys for. Dunno, on the fence.
>>
>>55344221
Ebin XD haha upvoted fuckin republicans
>>
>>55342805
>pocket technology
>house portal passes
>steam dildo
>metal chagiggers wot for tinker time.

Greetings from pyrrhic politics land
>>
>phone
>watch (/fa/ more than anything)
>glasses if medically necessary
>wallet
>keyring
That's really it for most people, stuff like knives and firearms are more /k/'s thing and the average person won't need to EDC them.

But some popular extras would be
>power source
>pen or pencil
>notebook/sketchbook
>multi-tool
>USB drive
>earbuds
>>
>the essential
phone
wallet
keys

>things i carry
the above + sansa clip, xiaomi piston 3 and a thinkpad t420
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.