[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Okay guise. I did it. I installed gentoo and now upon booting I'm sitting at command line. I don't know how to connect to wifi and I don't know how to get into a desktop environment and I don't think I can cause I don't have xfce downloaded. I spent the past 12 hours installing this and now I'm fucking dumbfounded. Halp pls.
>>
>>55301931
That's it. That's all you do. You sit there on command line and take screenshots and shitpost on /g/.
>>
Try startx command
>>
He fell for the Linux meme
>>
>>55301977

"bash: startx: command not found"
>>
>>55302003
That's because you haven't installed it.
>>
>>55301931
Nice. Now install Linux Mint 13 Mate edition and wonder what is hard about linux. You will have it done in like 30 minutes if your internet speed is fast enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>55302045

Nigga I shoulda installed Arch
>>
>>55302066

I went from Mint to this because I wanted muh freedoms
>>
>>55302003
sudo startx
>>
install the x.org packages and a desktop environment, then run startx. don't forget your video drivers also! use the links browser to get onto the internet to search if you need help with it
>>
>>55301931
did you install wifi-menu? Did you connect to wifi during installation? are there any profiles for netctl alrdy?
>>
>>55301931
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>I don't know how to connect to wifi
connect to ethernet
"emerge linux-firmware"
also did you enable VIDEO_CARDS="intel" in /etc/portage/make.conf and Intel IGP DRM in the kernel config?

If so, merge xorg-x11
merge xfce

Read a wpa_supplicant tutorial
Now you have installed gentoo.
>>
>>55307316
oh yeah, also
"eselect profile set default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop"
>>
>>55301931
You fell for the meme.
>>
>>55307285
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display has a Broadcom WLAN chip, and that does not work well with Linux
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.