[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why smart tvs UI are so fucking horrible. I bought a samsung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: SUHD_JS9500_004-790x594.jpg (66KB, 790x594px) Image search: [Google]
SUHD_JS9500_004-790x594.jpg
66KB, 790x594px
Why smart tvs UI are so fucking horrible. I bought a samsung smart tv back in 2014, the ui was slow and clunky, and now in 2016, I got a nice deal for one of those new curve led samsung tv. I got one, and the fucking ui is so slow that a bloated windows xp with 528mb of ram runs way batter. What the fuck, I thought those snake oils were going to improve, but they are worse now.
>>
>>55288481
Then don't fucking use them.
>>
>>55288481
>"smart" TV
Lel.
>>
>>55288481
raspberry pi 3 + kodi
you're welcome
>>
>>55288716
A memberry pi can't even output 4k60
>>
Do I get a full hd oled or a 4k led? At 55"
>>
>>55288723
then build an htpc you cuck
if you have the money to blow on a 4k tv then you can blow a little more on a decent media center.
>>
>>55288481

>Why smart tvs UI are so fucking horrible.

Because nobody knows what they want.

The idea of "Adaptable, flat, big-icon" UI is used, and people whine about how many clicks/buttons it takes to get things done.
The idea of "Just like a PC. Similar controls, similar layouts, all familiar" is used and people whine about it being too complex, too much on the screen, wonky controls, why can't it be simple.
The idea of "Like your smartphone. Just bigger." is used, and people accuse you being lazy, and that "the design doesn't work" and that "it's more finger friendly than remote friendly"

Seriously. Point out one "good" big-screen UI and you're going to have 20 people tell you they hate it. Theres no winning. So they don't try anymore. They just let you cast shit from your phone. Because you like your phone's interface, you like the way it works and how fast it works, the TV just needs to be good and receiving a good WiFi Signal for your streams to look good with.
>>
My 4k Smart TV has an Android tablet for a remote so the UI isn't all that bad.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.