[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossfire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: FUCK YOU.jpg (36KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.jpg
36KB, 700x467px
tfw the fglrx driver deprecated in Ubuntu 16.04

>literally no crossfire option
>>
tfw you're literally the only one on /g/ using crossfire.
>>
>>55273242
>gaming configuration
>in an OS that's nobody's first choice for gaming
Stop being a fucking autist and dual-boot to 7 or 10 and be done with it, fuck, why is this such a fucking hard concept to grasp?
>>
>>55273923
I don't want to use Microsoft's botnet.
>>
>>55273960
Then fuck off and lament over the fact that your autism is literally the only thing preventing you from fixing this problem, if you're so chained to Ubuntu like implied, then you should've also known that AMD and Nvidia barely exist in the realm of easy to use and functional Linux drivers, with open source solutions being as laughable as they've ever been, ESPECIALLY for borderline-proprietary shit like Crossfire and SLI
>>
>>55274018
Why are you so upset? It's easy to understand why losing crossfire support would be frustrating to a gamer trying to protect his privacy. Seriously, take a chill-pill dude.
>>
Crossfire/sli support is virtually nonexistent in linux anyway. I have an sli setup and most de's just shit themselves with flickering and screen tearing. I can't find any games that even work with it besides fucking doom 3 and quake 4.
>>
>>55274078
>trying to protect his privacy
You truly deserve your misery if this is what's keeping anyone from dual-booting to a bare-bones 7 install without any GWX updates installed
>>
>>55274018
>you should've also known

Why should he have known? That isn't something anyone discovers until they take the plunge and blindly dive into Linux and figure it out for themselves. He should be commended for at least TRYING to use Linux.
>>
>>55274090
Ubuntu 14.04 supported the fglrx driver until a few months ago, when they released 16.04 and announced that they were giving up on AMD. Until recently, Linux had crossfire support.
>>
>>55274114
>blindly dive into Linux
>should be commended for at least TRYING to use Linux
Yes, lets all get into position for a communal back-pat for the anon who did zero research on the shortcomings of Linux as a gaming platform while also joining it at the hip as his feverishly-defended OS of choice to where a 7 partition somehow is out of the question

OP: Crossfire will never work in your situation, AMD stopped supporting it, either install 7, or live with the fact that not only does your OS have near-nil support for it, but the OpenGL games you somehow managed to get ported will barely take advantage of it, and emulated D3D games will be a lesson in rage, peace
>>
>>55274209
Jesus Christ dude, take a Prozac or something. There is no reason for you to get this angry over this thread.
>>
>>55274256
Let he who is without muttering of muh botnet and muh privacy cast the first boulder
>>
>>55274159
>Until recently, Linux had crossfire support.
That's not my point. Sli/Crossfire was "supported," but in practice was much, much worse than in Windows. And it's not even recommended in Windows. Also blame AMD for being dropped, they've been behind Nvidia for a while now driver-wise and with openGL, once Vulkan becomes mainstream and they update their drivers it will probably be better but it's not really Ubuntu's fault in this case.
>>
>>55274319
Poo in loo
>>
>>55274319
You know that it's not just a meme, right? You do realize that Microsoft really is violating your privacy and copying all your shit, right? You do know that Windows 7 and 8 are just as invasive as Windows 10 now, right?
>>
>>55274159
Nothing to do with Ubuntu. AMD deprecated old fglrx and stopped updating it for new xorg and kernels, they are switching to AMDGPU-PRO.
>>
>>55274349
>but in practice was much, much worse than in Windows.
No it wasn't.
>>
>>55274349
You clearly haven't gamed on Linux. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>55274394
Yes, it is. Again, I'm have two cards in SLI right now and it's a shitshow in Linux despite working reasonably well in Windows. It's not "great" for gaming in Windows tbf but at least the desktop works, and some games work great. I've found barely any games that work well with it in Linux, and like I said before, most desktop environments simply refuse to work. KDE was the worst, it wasn't functional at all with flickering until I changed the renderer in the options. I don't have an AMD card so I can't directly comment on Crossfire, but I can 100% say with certainty that SLI is not as good in Linux as it is in Windows, and would not recommend it to anyone.

>>55274409
I honestly tried to game in Linux but it was such a shitshow in general that I gave up. Even disregarding SLI/Xfire, there are simply less features available compared to Windows. Valve-published games would frequently not start at all unless I disabled multithreading, no real modding communities/tools aside from very old games, lack of hardware support for shit like peripherals, my bluetooth controller still doesn't work despite me downloading every emulator and test program I could find. The gaming experience on Linux is pretty inferior to Windows. It's not BAD but I don't see why I should cripple my experience due to software despite paying the same amount of money on hardware.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.