[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamecube softmods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1454829366632.png (389KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1454829366632.png
389KB, 500x375px
I just bought a Gamecube, and I want to play homebrew. However, i've never learned soldering, so I'd like to just softmod. Is the PSO hack the only way now? I can't find the SD Media launcher anywhere (codejunkies sells them, but they're out of stock on the us site and buying it from the uk site costs me nearly US$50). And the action replay has gotten some... iffy reviews.
I'd also like to stay away from the Wii methods (again, no soldering experience, so no wii modchips).
help plz
>inb4 lurn 2 soldur feggit
>>
File: 1381488233399.gif (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1381488233399.gif
2MB, 240x160px
Bump for interest.

I too have a gamecube that I would love to softmod.
>>
>>55228154

softmod a wii instead
>>
>>55228154
>softmod a GameCube
>not softmodding a Wii

WHY
>>
>>55228228
>>55228237
Not op but I turned in my wii for a ps3 (when it still had value) because the wii was that fucking bad.

Granted they go for pennies now but I still don't want one.
>>
>>55228154
lol, just play homebrew on your phone. :)
>>
>>55228375
The WII dev community is much more active, softmodding is incredibly easy and you can use component cables than don't an arm and leg.
>>
>>55228428
i accidentally 93 mb of an arm and leg

>>55228228
okay, but can I softmod the GC through the wii?
>>55228237
main reason is that i don't have a wii readily available ATM, other reason is idk if i can use the softmod wii to softmod a gc.
>>
>>55228375
Wii is literally an overclocked GC that plays all GC games, and even has the same controller ports.
>>
>>55228541
>idk if i can use the softmod wii to softmod a gc.

wat

Just softmod a wii and play gamecube games on it
>>
>>55229733
but nigga, i already said i wanted to softmod a gamecube, not a wii. i mean, i appreciate the suggestions but they're not what i'm trying to do.
>>
>>55230072
but plebian; gamecube modding community is non-existent
>>
>>55230072
there are plans for making your own
you just need a CG memory card
and a MSD to SD adapter ,you cut the board of the CG memory card then solder the pins
form the SD adapter i would have done it but the pics of the mod are total shit i cant figure out what goes to what there are 2 pins i cant really see where they go
http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html
>>
>>55230998
bookmarked, if i ever get a soldering iron and skillz i might try this out
>>
>>55228154
Just buy a Wii you fucking moron, it does everything a GameCube can do and you can play GameCube games directly off an external hard drive. If you already have a GameCube then you already have all the peripherals and shit for it. Just go to a garage sale and pick one up or something. Softmodding a Wii is literally easier than installing Windows.
>>
It's really not worth it IMO just go buy a Wii at a pawn for like 30 bucks or something then buy a cheap sd card and hard drive then you got free wii games and GameCube games forever
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.