[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dvorak actually better than QWERTY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Dvorak_header_1.jpg (45KB, 730x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dvorak_header_1.jpg
45KB, 730x400px
Is Dvorak actually better than QWERTY?
>>
>>55144309
It is more comfortable, but not any faster.
>>
>>55144309
DVORAK is horrible tbqh, tho that may just be due to lack of familiarity on my part
>>
>>55144336
Also, swap caps lock with backspace.
>>
>>55144309
no
>>
>>55144309
If you want to relearn your typing stuff, its better. Otherwise leave it be.
>>
>>55144309
<> meme arrows placed in a great place this is going to be good
>>
Useless
>>
>>55144309
It has turned out not to be any faster by and large. Also, that thing you learned in school about qwerty being invented to slow down typists to preserve typewriters is a lie.
>>
>>55144309

Real talk: I only use Dvorak because it means that when other people try to use my laptop they get frustrated and can't do anything.

I am just a bitter misanthrope.
>>
>he fell for dvorak meme
>>
>>55144309
dvorak is shit
use colemak, it was actually designed using statistical analysis of finger movement rather than just guesswork like dvorak
>>
QWERTZ masterrace reporting in
>>
>>55144835
It was never invented to slow down typists to preserve the typewriter. It was layed out to prevent the strikers from getting jammed up as they neared the paper. What idiot ever told you it was to preserve the typewriter?
>>
No, it's literally a meme. I type at 100-120WPM with little to no errors on the QWERTY keyboard layout.
>>
>>55145342
I have heard colemak is bullshit in terms of speed as well but if you are going to switch from qwerty colemak will give you all of the benefits with less time spent learning.
>>
>>55145868
all layouts actually the same in terms of maximum speed (including alphabetical and random layouts), it's really just finger movement that's minimized
>>
Even if it was 50% better (it's not), it wouldn't be worth the pain to switch.
>>
>>55145868
If all you care about is speed then any traditional keyboard is going to be a disappointment.
You'll need a chorded stenotype like what speech-to-text and court reporters use.
>>
>>55144309
The problems I get when using other layouts than qwerty are vim bindings. How the hell you guys program in a different layout??
>>
>>55146218
Very carefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuVUGKBOp9Q
>>
>>55146218
How about stop using vim?
>>
>>55144309
Not if you already type fast with QWERTY.
>>
Azerty master race incoming
>>
>>55146287
It looks like magic.
>>
Colemak or gtfo
>>
File: 1466124336292.jpg (9KB, 198x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466124336292.jpg
9KB, 198x250px
dvorak isnt more comfortable for slavs?
>>
>>55146218
I use a proper editor with rebindable keys.
>>
So you need to two hand CTRL-C AND CTRL-X? How about no.
>>
Not worth reprogramming your muscle memory to be incompatible with 99% of keyboards on earth.
>>
>>55144309
Yes. But it's not the standard, so you will never use it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.