[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://adnauseam.io/ Anybody remember this thing? They actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: adn_animated.gif (18KB, 294x286px) Image search: [Google]
adn_animated.gif
18KB, 294x286px
http://adnauseam.io/
Anybody remember this thing? They actually turned it into a full fork of ublock origin so it works properly now.
My question is if you use this, how can moralfags possibly object to ad blocking? They can't use the DEPRIVING POOR CONTENT CREATORS OF REVENUE argument since this makes it so ad blocking only hurts the ad jews. And even better, they have no idea who's using this so they can't threaten to pull their ads or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>55132497
This looks like fun
Does it still block ads (as in not showing them)? I never saw anything about that here
>>
>>55132646
yeah it blocks ads from being shown while simultaneously clicking every single one
>>
lol no thanks I'll just block the ads and not waste 100% cpu on clicking them so 1000 popups appear and then have all my data sent to a botnet
>>
>>55132684
only uses cpu while the page is loading, and it doesn't let any popups appear

also, the point is if the botnet thinks you're interested in absolutely everything, you end up being much more difficult to actually track
>>
>>55132703
I'd rather not click anything. That way they don't even know I exist.
>>
>>55132721
more like they know you're using an ad blocker, so they include you in that statistic to build support for putting paywalls everywhere
>>
>>55132703
Reminds me of M.T. Anderson's book "Feed"

Everything is tracked and personalized and monitored, when a girl decides to fuck it all up by clicking on whatever she couldnt get automatic help becuase the system couldnt figure out a profile anymore, fell down stairs because of the nuerodegenerative problem she develops due to her computer implant being hacked earlier in the story.

Wasnt bad on premise for a 14 year old book...
>>
>>55132721
They know every visitor bud, sorry. They just also know you're using an ad blocker.
>>
>>55132703
>also, the point is if the botnet thinks you're interested in absolutely everything, you end up being much more difficult to actually track
Fun thing it's that they would sell the same data anyways and build their profile even if it was completely wrong
But it seems like a nice way to jew out ad networks
>>
>>55132758
hm, very interesting
>>
This is actually quite interesting, I just set up a clean fresh FirefoxESR Portable and installed this extension, going to see just what it's capable of over time and just how fucking bad ads can be (I already know this but even so it'll be nice to have some visualization of it over time).
>>
>>55132826
right that's the point, so that the assholes buying personal information get screwed over with the noise that you add
if enough people did this, just imagine the butthurt as they come to the slow realization that despite record ad engagement rates, they aren't selling any more product
>>
Funny, I made the post above about the clean install of FirefoxESR and this extension. Just cold-clicked random sites from links on MSN.com and CNN.com and, well, after like 45 sites it only shows 3 ads because uBlock is so fucking good it's blocking practically every ad.

So, in some respects I don't see the point of using this extension over plain old uBlock Origin all by itself. I mean I do get the point - to basically fill the profiles from advertisers with so much click-noise they can't get any useful data from any of it - but with uBlock I'd basically have to disable it almost entirely for the adnauseum aspect to actually work.

Right?
>>
>>55132986
no, you replace ublock with this, which both blocks ads and clicks them
>>
I like the fact that it clicks everything. Especially as advertisers pay per click. Running this it will get expensive, fast, for advertisers and make any attempts to build a unique profile of your browsing habits completely worthless.
>>
>>55133227

It only clicks the ones you see referenced in "the vault" and for me, that was just 3 ads after visiting those ~45 different sites. I verified that with Wireshark watching on what data was going out to those ad URLs, there were only connections made to those - all the other ads that uBlock handled did not have any outgoing connections to them (which is kinda the point).
>>
>>55135161
what now?
like from this I'm getting the impression that you're running adnauseam and ublock at the same time which isn't what you're supposed to do
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.