[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has this been helpful to you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1454858336537.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1454858336537.png
18KB, 256x256px
Has this been helpful to you?
>>
I used it for a while and it was just annoying
>>
>>55107971
this was exactly my experience. in my case a while was about 2 months. i don't think a single day went by that i didn't disable it (or at least delay it by a few hours).
>>
>>55107966
Complete garbage. I was still going to bed at 8-9 am.
>>
>>55107966
Yes. It's been paramount in helping me fix my sleep and falling asleep on time. A lightbox and melatonin supplements also help a lot.

I use flux for tinting during the day, which makes it easier on my eyes, and at night my screen's basically orange.
>>
>>55107971
I've been using it on and off, would be good if they had a whitelist or something so it disables itself when a certain software is on.
>>
Love it.
>>
I've had better results by just lowering the screen brightness a bit
>>
Sure helps a lot with preventing eye strain. It's to the point now where my screen looks blue if I disable it.
>>
>>55108033
I wish I could just arbitrarily set my hours instead of using its location-based settings. Fucking annoying, because it doesn't match my schedule at all, and I have to set my location to Iceland
>>
Solved the sleeping problem of which I've been searching the source for 4-5 years. Not shilling.
>>
>>55108048
>>55108020
>>55108007
Never thought that this would fix sleeping problems. I only downloaded it because of >>55108040
>>
>>55108076
It's not the be-all-end-all, but if your screen turns into an orange mess for the few hours before you want to go to sleep, it really helps you to feel tired.

Google for circadian rhythm and light.
>>
Its good but it always fucks my FPS when its dimming
>>
>>55108047
thats because your schedule is gay, my dude
>>
>>55108076
Basically what this guy said:
>>55108113

If you already have a consistent sleep schedule and then use f.lux, you should notice that you fall asleep quicker.
>>
Can't change the hours to suit my schedule.
Can't adjust the temperature of the screen.
Uninstalled it after 1-2 weeks. Kept disabling it.
>>
It never helped my sleep. But I'm willing to try it again.

To those of you who it helped: what settings do you recommend?
>>
I use cf.lumen on my phone and I'm trying f.lux on my desktop but I'm thinking about just skipping it on my desktop. Like others said, it's good to prevent eye strain but I don't know how much it helps my sleeping patterns.
>>
>>55108033
You can set the flux color scheme for certain applications in OSX color settings. Not sure about inferior operating systems though
>>
>>55108189
>If you already have a consistent sleep schedule and then use f.lux

Reading comprehension, Anon. I was talking about Flux.
>>
Great. Just use the settings on it well for your schedule.
>>
>>55108189
>If you already have a consistent sleep schedule and then use f.lux, you should notice that you fall asleep quicker.
>>55108113
this should be good enough then, it's just that my room is super dark and I'm sitting infront of a computer monitor.
>>
It fixed my gamma problem when running Mad Max (PC)
>>
>>55108200
last time i used flux it completely disabled itself when i would run a program in the whitelist/blacklist/whatever. in truth i wanted just the window to be normal. i figure they never implemented that, but i should ask anyway - has the whitelist method changed?
>>
>>55108225
>n the whitelist/blacklist/whatever
Where is this found? Is this an OS-specific feat?
>>
>>55108223
Haha good to hear, keep up the good posts on 4chan (PC).
>>
>>55108205
It's called f.lux.
>>
>>55107966
Nonfree normie botnet.
At least use redshift.
>>
>>55108264
you can set it so that when you run certain programs flux will turn off. i would like it for things like my video player, lightroom, etc... since i'd rather not see all of my photos with an increasingly orange shift to it as the day progresses, but i have several monitors and i'd prefer it if everything else (mostly the text editors, browser, etc...) continued to shift.
>>
>>55108279
Nobody cares, Anon. And if you Google for "flux", the page for the software is the top result.

The only people who care about some minor detail like that are the sae people people who underachieve due to strangling themselves under unattainable standards of "perfection".

Get f.lux yourself, gently, Anon.
>>
>>55108007

That's because you're a pathetic neet

Nothing to do with flux
>>
>>55107971
This pretty much.
>>
>>55108300
Okay, so where is it found?
No option like that appearing on the basic Right-click > settings on the system tray nor there are any .ini or something else that I can edit in it's install folder.
>>
>>55107966
Greatly. I've been using it for a couple years.

It takes a few days/weeks to get used to it and at the beginning it feels even more straining than the normal screen, but it's really wonderful at night.
>>
I really, really, really like it. Watching shows in bed with thinkpad x201 and falling asleep in the middle of the episodes because of the comfy screen has been a habit for me for a while.
>>
>>55108307
The reason I replied was:

>Reading comprehension
>>
Causes me major headaches
>>
>>55107966
oh yeah. A lot easier to to fall asleep with it.
>>
>>55108324
Google around? I would be shocked if the windows version was missing such a significant feature; it's probably just buried in a weird place in the menus.
>>
>>55108407
yeah Wangblows doesn't have this.
>>
>>55108285
this
>>
>>55108432
that's kind of sad, but for what it's worth it's not very impressive. it basically just disables flux entirely when you have something running (maybe also in focus, but i don't know). what I want is for the area outside of the borders of the program's window(s) to still be "flux'ed", but the program itself to be left unaffected.
>>
>>55108478
Would be perfect for video editors and stuff. Hope they step it up soon. Thanks for having the time to screencap it.
>>
Blue light literally kills you at night. Harvard has studies done on this. It increases blood pressure, increases your risk of cancer, diabetes, weight gain.

Not that it matters. Half of the people on /g/ are weak neckbeards who haven't moved for about five years. Blue light is just going to make you losers die faster.
>>
I just switched to Yotsuba, problem solved
>>
>>55108506
exactly. I *generally* browse the web and edit text (mostly code, sometimes writing papers), but when I watch a youtube video (or just a regular locally stored video), or edit photos/videos, I'd like flux to just disable around the program (or better still would be just the area where color accuracy would be relevant; so if you imagine the lightroom thumbnails and photos being unaffected but the UI elements being affected).

but flux isn't a surgical bit of software; it's more like a hatchet. so i don't expect such a feature ever being attempted (let alone implemented).
>>
>>55108007
How about get a job or get some exercise instead of beating off to your waifu all day senpai.
>>
I tried to like it but no avail.
>>
>>55108194
Hard to say, since everyone is different. But don't make it too orange right away, or it will be way too noticeable. What I did was slightly lower it every week. I also have the slow transition thing too, so I don't even notice the difference.
Anyway, the lower you get in temperature, the more effective it is.
https://justgetflux.com/faq.html
>>
>>55107966

daily reminder that flux icon looks like a nip slip
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.