[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I desperately need your help I tried to dual boot kali on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0586.jpg (977KB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0586.jpg
977KB, 3264x1824px
I desperately need your help

I tried to dual boot kali on my win10 pc

Now GRUB doesn't see windows 10, anly kali

no matter what hard drive i choose to boot from in the bios kali shows up

i have tried to unplug all but my ssd which has windows on it (i installed kali on a different hdd) but it will either boot into grub recovery mode or kali

i dont understand what is happening

I can't even get into kali because no cpmbination or "root" and "toor" and the user + password i set up during install will work

how do i get my windows 10 pc with all my personal files back

please help

my grub options are kali, kali recovery, and system setup

system setup doesnt do anything
>>
>>55076454
format ssd and boot from your win 10 install dvd or thumbdrive and select "repair your computer" then select first option. it automatically fixes whatever error you have.
>>
>>55076525
how would i format my ssd with no os

I used my friend's windows 7 disk to install that then did the free upgrade process so do i have to do all that again
>>
>>55076525
is there a way to make a windows 10 boot pin drive because i can go to a friend's house and use his windows 10 pc
>>
>>55076454
>I tried to dual boot kali on my win10 pc
This website is for ages 18+
>>
>>55076624
nevermind i can use my friend's pc

thank you for the help
>>
>>55076655
https://ctf365.com
i was trying to start this but it ended up being a bitch
>>
>>55076454
You deleted the Windows bootloader you scrub.

But don't worry, you can repair it as long as you can get access to a usb flash drive with a copy of Windows 10 installed on it. Just boot from the flash drive, click repair pc and go to the command prompt where you should type the following commands:

bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot
Exit

These commands will erase Grub and reinstall the Windows bootloader. Make sure you have only the Windows 10 drive plugged in when you do this, so to make sure that you don't break your Kali installation.
>>
>>55076846
Aww you so kind <3
>>
>>55076846
Thanks for reinforcing the belief that /g/ = tech support
>>
>>55076897
Fuck off Satan
>>
>>55076846
thank you
i knew what i did i just didnt know how to fix it
>>
>>55076454
>>55076525
Essentially this. Remove all SSDs HDDs but windows. Boot from Windows usb.

Select repair.
>>
>>55076454
>won't load win10
seems like a blessing in disguise desu, be grateful
>>
>>55076454

why in the world would you install kali?
>>
>>55076897
It's not about being tech support. It's about taking the 30 seconds to type out an answer and if they don't understand what you said because they are a tech-tard, fuck 'em. It wouldn't kill you to type 4 sentences occasionally to explain the fix to a problem you have encountered.
>>
>>55077989
To be L337 H4x0r. The tools in Kali are only decent for a beginner and even then they teach bad habbits
>>
>>55078196

well no shit, but doing an install is retarded tier.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.