[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

msi bullsshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hello

I built a new computer recently. My system keeps rebooting randomly. I checked windows error log and saw "kernel power 41 (63)". According to Microsoft this is a general power failure message. I took my case apart and noticed what looked like brownish grease on my motherboard above the video card. I rebooted my computer suspecting a blown capacitor. It turned on for about a minute then shut down again. I attempted a reboot but the computer wont post.

Pressing the power button causes all the fans to spin and the lights to come on with the exception of the video cards.

The board is an msi and so is the video card. My question is... Is this the likely reason for the random reboots? Should I bother with an rma or will msi just waste my time? Would they cover the video card since their faulty mobo shorted it out? Should I also attempt to rma the psu?

I'm worried they'll say its somehow my fault... I'm also worried this will happen again. Anyone here have experience with msi rma process, do they seem fair and understanding?
>>
>>55072689
RMA and buy Assrock next time.
>>
>>55072689
Pictures please.
>>
>>55072710
>Buying a Cheaper ASUS motherboard.
>>
>>55072711

I've already taken PC apart and prepared boxes for shipping, was going to call them in a few hours when they open.
>>
>>55072719

Op here. My mobo is a msi 970 gaming motherboard. Video card is msi r9 390 8gb
>>
>>55072726

Send them an email, calling is a waste of time. Also yeah, mobos are supposed to have a warranty when it comes to hardware failure so you should get a new one sent to you.

You should sell the replacement mobo and get an iPad after that.
>>
>>55072719
>Falling for overpriced GAMING MILITARY CLASS motherboard
>>
>>55072801
>Buying Cheap ass capacitors that will blow next week after buying

>>55072733
Post pictures, Seriusly.
>>
>>55072801

Op here... I can assure you I didn't look at the motherboard like "holy fucking shit look at the quality on these capacitors I have to by this."

>>55072800

Its def under warranty but I've literally never rma'd something before. I'm nervous they'll say the capacitor failing is my fault.

>>55072853

I'd have to rip open the boxes I put them in to ship they're all taped up. Nothing to see except the remnants of a geeasy stain underneath the four capacitors on the top left side of the board.
>>
>>55072800

>get an iPad

HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>55072941
>I'm nervous they'll say the capacitor failing is my fault.
don't be, they can smell fear
>>
man, it problem in your power unit. i dont know what are your pc schemes paramethers, but today it useless to put in some less than 600W power unit. so stop playing with switches before you crash it totally. go and bay some more powerful one
>>
>>55073030

My psu is 650 watts, cooler master.
>>
>>55073082
I'm gonna keep posting the "Post Pictures of the motherboard" thing until you do it because pure conjecture on "Whats the fucking problem with my PC" is going to end up making you fork over more money then hell on shipping then on the actual fix.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.