[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - daily programming thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 36

File: Manga_Guide_to_Linear_Algebra.png (339KB, 492x650px) Image search: [Google]
Manga_Guide_to_Linear_Algebra.png
339KB, 492x650px
Linear algebra edition

Old: >>55049900
>>
first for (((LISP)))
>>
>>55047417

May linked lists rest in peace
>>
File: .png (152KB, 1948x858px) Image search: [Google]
.png
152KB, 1948x858px
daily reminder OOP users
>>
I can't stand your fucking shitty memes.
>>
File: yfCJOSE.png (195KB, 601x966px) Image search: [Google]
yfCJOSE.png
195KB, 601x966px
>>
>>55059455
Was there a response to this?
>>
>>55059529
he reported the comment for hate-speech.
>>
Why program when someone else can do it for you? You can't answer this
>>
>>55059620
Why fuck your own ugly gf, when your neighbour can do it for you?
>>
>>55059685
Careful m8, he might be Swedish
>>
>>55059529
idk think quora has removed comments
>>
File: 1447844745785.jpg (23KB, 259x286px) Image search: [Google]
1447844745785.jpg
23KB, 259x286px
I need some advise on what I should do to go from NEET to someone who atleast earns some money

In the past 2-3 years, while each year studying something different and dropping out, I've been learning programming on and off on my own. I've learnt C#, python, html and css as well as reading some books concerning programming concepts, but the only project I've ever done with any of these was a C# project. As a result, I currently find myself in what I believe would be between beginner and intermediate, where I'm not clueless but I'm not entirely comfortable (I only feel slightly comfortable with C#).

I also need to start making some money, and the two paths I see are stick with C# and try to find employment, or pick html and css back up and learn all the other stuff to freelance webdev. The issue is how long it would take me to both reach a point where I consider myself employable, and how long until someone employs me.

With C#, I'd become employable far sooner, but I don't know how long until someone would employ me. Webdev on the other hand, would take me far longer to reach an employable point, but finding work/a job would be easier.

I have all the time in the world to go full turbo on whatever path I choose.

What would you personally do or advise me in this situation?
>>
is there a site with similar instructional to new boston, but text instead of vids?
>>
>>55059907

C#, or learn java, do corporate programming(in economics)

You don't need algorithms or other bullshit, simple coding
>>
>>55059907
Get some SQL knowledge and you're primed to do enterprise internal programming, or DBA + Business Intelligence development.
>>
>>55060262
>>55060301
What would be some good projects to show on my portfolio? Just general stuff or should I have something specific in there?
>>
>>55058705
I've looked into this series once, because I'm interested in alternative ways of teaching, but I found it absolutely awful. Sadly it's just one of those cases where a different medium is used for the exact same old routine.
>>
>>55060506
The database book isn't half bad, but it's certainly 'safe', as in, it just has the same information you'd find in any other beginners tutorial.
>>
>>55058705
Does this book actually teach you anything?
>>
>>55060403
You're better off getting your MCSA/MCSD in something.

That alone will guarantee a good starting salary at many places.
>>
File: 1456750071221.jpg (95KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1456750071221.jpg
95KB, 866x1300px
>>55060613
I'd gladly take these but as much of a blessing having all the time in the world for something is I sadly don't have a penny
>>
Fuck HTML and CSS. Everything is wrong with it: shit syntax, inflexible etc.
So now I want to create a CLI client and server to manage my files. I was thinking on using Go, HTTP2 and protocol buffers. I looked into RPC, but I couldn't find a good reason to use it over a basic REST API. To start with I want to implement the following commands: GET, LIST, PUT and DELETE. If I feel like it, I'll implement MOVE and RENAME.
>>
File: cats and mice.png (94KB, 535x310px) Image search: [Google]
cats and mice.png
94KB, 535x310px
The corridor in your house is infested with mice. The corridor length is n. You are given an array a[] of n non-negative numbers describing how many mice there are on a given segment of a corridor. So for some segment i (i has values are between 1 and n) there are a[i] mice on that segment.
There are k (k<=n) cats at your disposal. Your goal is to place the cats in such a way, so they could catch as many mice as possible. Any cat can guard any connected fragment of the corridor of your choice (e.g. lets say a cat could have a leash of some length attached at the center of the fragment he guards). Fragments cannot overlap (or else there would be a cat fight), but they can touch. Some of the fragments can be left unguarded. Cat guarding a fragment from i-segment to j-segment inclusive (i<=j), on which there are s = a[i] + a[i+1] + ... + a[j] mice, will catch: max( s - (j-i)^2, 0) mice.
Your goal is to find the maximum number of mice your cats can catch.

>For k=2 and a = [1,5,1,4,3,2,7,0] the correct answer is 14. One cat can guard fragment of the corridor from segment 2 to segment 4 (catching 6 out of 10 mice), and the second one can guard the fragment from segment 5 to segment 7 (catching 8 out of 12 mice)
>>
>>55058916
What is up with this meme that lisp is jew?
>>
>>55060587
If you read it like a manga, probably not. If you read it like a textbook, you're better off with a textbook.
>>
>>55060739
>hint: use a prefix sum table, s[j] = $\sum_{i=1}^{j} a[i]. If you do, the number of mice on fragment [i, j] will be s[j] - s[i]
>>
>>55060555
You seem to have read some books on databases. Would you recommend?
>>
>>55061411
>*Which would you recommend?
>>
>>55061411
I'm an actual DBA, so I've seen some material.

There really aren't too many great books on databases. It didn't really 'click' until I got my first job and had access to living, breathing data, while being asked to produce meaningful results by managerial staff.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to 'play house'.

Set up an AdventureWorks database. Pick a BI tool. Pretend you're a manager and you want to see particular things grouped and filtered in meaningful ways so that you can tell a story and make business decisions. This teaches you how to query a database.

The next step is architecture. There are plenty of good articles that show you the basic concepts of normalization, indexing, and installation. Build a database from scratch to represent a concept or store idea. The bike shop model is fun, add the ability to rent all items for a little more complexity.

If I can find the book I used in university, I'll post it. Most knowledge was hands-on, though.
>>
>"Well," they say, "look at this function. It is two pages long! None of this stuff belongs in there! I don't know what half of these API calls are for."

>Back to that two page function. Yes, I know, it's just a simple function to display a window, but it has grown little hairs and stuff on it and nobody knows why. Well, I'll tell you why: those are bug fixes. One of them fixes that bug that Nancy had when she tried to install the thing on a computer that didn't have Internet Explorer. Another one fixes that bug that occurs in low memory conditions. Another one fixes that bug that occurred when the file is on a floppy disk and the user yanks out the disk in the middle. That LoadLibrary call is ugly but it makes the code work on old versions of Windows 95.
>>
Does /dpt/ know how to use linked lists?
>>
>>55062194
Yis
>>
>>55062194
Never tried making one, but seems pretty straightforward.
>>
>>55062299
This isn't webdev general. Leave.
>>
>>55061873
>If I can find the book I used in university, I'll post it.
I'd appreciate it.

>It didn't really 'click' until I got my first job and had access to living, breathing data, while being asked to produce meaningful results by managerial staff.
I can see that, as I had a little of the same experience while being an intern. Since then it was always in the back of my head to learn more.

>Set up an AdventureWorks database. Pick a BI tool. Pretend you're a manager and you want to see particular things grouped and filtered in meaningful ways so that you can tell a story and make business decisions. This teaches you how to query a database.
That'd be great, but it seems a little abstract for me atm. I have too little experience to e.g. know what kind of results would be expected from me. Might try it nevertheless.

>The next step is architecture. There are plenty of good articles that show you the basic concepts of normalization, indexing, and installation. Build a database from scratch to represent a concept or store idea. The bike shop model is fun, add the ability to rent all items for a little more complexity.
I had a little of this at my uni, but I'd definitely need to refresh and normalize (hurr durr) my knowledge.
>>
>>55062336
"No."
>>
>>55062336
Nope.
>>
>>55062299
The best way to used liked list is not at all. They're a pathological case for CPU caches and have no advantage over vectors.
>>
>>55062388
was meant for
>>55062194
>>
>>55062388
>no advantage over vectors
you obviously don't know how/when to use linked lists
>>
Does anyone know if there's any way of catching other programs' crashes on Windows/Linux?

Like on Windows for example when a program crashes the process still keeps running because it opens the error reporting window, so you can't just check when the process dies.

Or what about on Linux?
>>
>>55062194
/g/ screams at me every time I tell them there's nothing wrong with linked list stacks
>>
>>55062636
valgrind
>>
>>55062659
linked lists are pretty shitty for stacks
>>
>>55062681
I meant I want to make a program that watches other programs for crashes.
>>
>>55062714
How is a program supposed to know that?
>>
>>55062810
That's what I'm asking. I was wondering maybe there could be some OS specific APIs for querying process state or something.
>>
>>55062388
Isn't the whole point of a linked list, that you can insert at O(1) by just swapping a pointer?
>>
Holy shit, I just saw the Apple conference on swift and it's the greatest language of all time. Like, holy shit. It lets you code without the boring nerd shit, how awesome is that?
>>
>>55062857
A 'crash' could be literally anything.

If someone handles an exception, no crash happens (sort of), because the program is functioning as intended.
>>
>>55062857
If you just want to check if a process crashed/stopped responding, use monit. For the more advanced monitoring you need a controlled environment. Try Erlang.
>>
>>55058705
what the fuck is linear about algebra ?
what the fuck is discrete about mathematics ?
i had more but forgot them
>>
>>55062874
>insert
no, remove is where it has an edge over vectors
>>
>>55062857
Really, what's the difference between a "crash" and a "hang" where the process stops responding to the OS?

You should focus on more important things, like memory errors, because these lead to wildy unpredictable bugs.
>>
>>55062901
Mind going into a bit more detail, rather than just parroting the slogan?
>>
>>55062901
Sounds dumb
>>
>>55062971
Go check the conference sticky. It's programming made easy. Nerd shit like C is obsolete.
>>
>>55063001
>a non-systems programming language made a systems programming language obsolete
Sure bud
>>
>>55062951
Crash means the process exists with some error. Hang is more ambiguous and harder to detect. In case of a server, you ping it and check the pong.

>>55063001
Thank you for emulating a tape recorder. I am glad to see your brain capacity can handle as much.
>>
>>55063058
Swift is going to change the world. It's going to make coding easy for everyone.
>>
>>55063079
I can't view the stream.
How is it gonna make anything easier?

Drag and drop?
>>
>>55062857
>what is halting problem
>>
Sup /dpt/

Database design fun!

Let's say I have a table named "Image", which represents a single image with a directory link and other data like filesize, width etc...
Now this image has a source. It came from somewhere. Either I got it off pixiv, or some user uploaded it.

How do I best represent this source, and how much splitting of tables is too much? Initially I just added a simple "source" texfield on the image. Works fine, but it doesn't tell me much.

What do you think about something like this:

table image
table image_has_source
table source

Where the image_has_source contains a link/description, and the "source" table functions like an enum of source types. (Pixiv, deviantart, local import from disk, user upload etc...)

What say you /gee/?
>>
>>55062901
Sounds like Java, which led to C# development.

We have enough memes already, so no thanks.
>>
>>55063079
I'm sure bud
>>
>>55063177
>tfw java dev
>tfw looked down upon by "real" programmers

BUT THE STUFF I MAKE HELPS PEOPLE A LOT AND IT MAKES THEM HAPPY:((
>>
>>55063216
A corporate environment is not """""people""""""
>>
>>55063216
>products of java
>making people happy
What kind of hellish nightmare do you live in?
>>
>>55063121
The halting problem does not apply to applefags. No matter what you tell them, the output is always the same.
>>
Haskell strings are linked lists of 32-bit characters, and some people claim it isn't a meme language?
>>
>>55063281
Wait, hold on. So Haskell strings are mutable?
>>
>>55063216
I'm gonna be spending a large chunk of the next year at work porting shit to Android.

However, I am under no illusions as to there being any hope my work is going to truly help end users or make them happy.

Nothing groundbreaking ever happens with Java, just mild improvements to user convenience (at the expense of efficiency).
>>
>>55063323
They wouldn't use a linked list if random access was wanted.
Probably just so you can resize (move the head or tail) very easily, and never have any wasted memory allocated.
Apart from, you know, the whole overhead of using linked lists.

Shit, may as well store every single loop counter in java as an Integer rather than int primitive.
>>
>>55063430
>Shit, may as well store every single loop counter in java as an Integer rather than int primitive.
I saw someone a while back post here that actually did that.
>>
File: s.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
151KB, 421x500px
>>55063482
That's not funny anon, my brother died that way.
>>
what is programming like?
explain how you feel and how you think when doing it.
>>
>>55063281
>Haskell strings are linked lists of 32-bit characters
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is comedy gold!

>any year
>using Hasklel
Top fucking kek.
Why would anyone in their right mind consider Haskell.

There is no excuse.
>>
Holy shit that book is amazing. Are there any other manga books about math or physics?
>>
>>55059593
ayy lmao
>>
File: 1462791268280.jpg (429KB, 654x726px) Image search: [Google]
1462791268280.jpg
429KB, 654x726px
>>55063532
it's like most other forms of writing, you're trying to keep that unaltered conscious stream of focused thought going, letting the words appear in front of you and reviewing them. there are interruptions where you must stop, think, and plan ahead, but this is again not uncommon to the writing of fiction or even exposition. we are just scribes of the new age.
>>
>>55063581
There's a whole series by the same publisher.
They're ok primer books.
>>
>>55059455
How dare that faggot attack templeOS. I hope he fucking dies.
>>
>>55063532
>Every time
>>
File: 1413576023629.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1413576023629.png
3KB, 184x172px
Any OpenGL nerds here? I desperately need some help, been banging my head against the wall for hours.
I'm trying to render a simple image with lwjgl but it's just showing a white square, as if my texture code is meaningless.

Loading the pixels from PNG:
PNGDecoder pngDec = new PNGDecoder(inStream);
int w = pngDec.getWidth();
int h = pngDec.getHeight();
ByteBuffer buffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(w * h * 4);
pngDec.decode(buffer, w * 4, PNGDecoder.RGBA);
buffer.flip();

Generating openGL texture:
int texID = GL11.glGenTextures();
GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, texID);
GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0,
GL11.GL_RGBA, width, height, 0,
GL11.GL_RGBA, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, buffer);

Drawing the texture:
GL11.glColor4d(1.f, 1.f, 1.f, 1.f);
GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D);
GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, texID);
GL11.glBegin(GL11.GL_QUADS);
GL11.glTexCoord2f(0, 0);
GL11.glVertex2f(0, 0);
GL11.glTexCoord2f(1, 0);
GL11.glVertex2f(w, 0);
GL11.glTexCoord2f(1, 1);
GL11.glVertex2f(w, h);
GL11.glTexCoord2f(0, 1);
GL11.glVertex2f(0, h);
GL11.glEnd();
GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D);

The coordinates are in the right place, in fact all of the other GL drawing I've tried to do works, but the texture won't show up, just a white square. The width and height are registered correctly and I've confirmed that the pixel data is read correctly. Every tutorial says that this is the right way to do it but nothing's working.
>>
>>55063136
looks good for me, but I only have a very basic experience with databases.
>>
>>55063556
Do you evn Data.Text.
>>
How would I post a bit of code on here?
>>
>>55059455
>does the OS have a working networking stack
I think that's quite a loaded question because he is implying that any computer needs to be able to communicate with other computers. My calculator doesn't have a working networking stack and it's doing its work just fine.
>>
Haskell strings are lists, not linked lists
>>
>>55064463
>I think that's quite a loaded question because he is implying that any computer needs to be able to communicate with other computers
where the fuck he implies that
>>
>>55064487
when he asked if the OS has a working networking stack
>>
>>55064527
do you have a wife?
>>
>>55064463
fuck off terry
>>
>>55064545
No?
>>
File: ex19help.png (70KB, 909x880px) Image search: [Google]
ex19help.png
70KB, 909x880px
Alright So I'm learning python "the hard way" and doing exercise 19, I thought I would try to set it up where the user could input their own numbers into the function but I keep getting errors and I can't seem to figure out why.

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ex19.html
>>
>>55064560
does my question imply you need to have a wife to be a functional human being?
>>
>>55064569
2.7.11 btw
>>
>>55060739
Do your own CS homework
>>
>>55064569
That's easy. The raw_input is a String. You need integers. Do this

p2cheese = int(raw_input())
>>
File: bliss.png (259KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
bliss.png
259KB, 640x392px
Bliss in 300 triangs/60 candidates.
>>
>>55064607
Not my my homework and I already have a solution. I was just wondering if /g/ can into
dynamic programming.
>>
>>55064582
No. Actually, i thought up you were setting up one of those "your wife's son" jokes.
The implications of a question depend on when and how the question is asked.
>>
>>55064635
Not that far along into my CS degree (taking my sweet time because I'm a shit student). When should I expect to learn this?
>>
>>55064651
Dynamic programming? Literally the second semester.
At least at my university (in Germany). Americucks might learn it a year later because of their general education classes.
>>
>>55064651
first year of CS?
>>
>>55064685
>>55064686
Yeah I'm an Americuck, I'm a bit less than half way through and haven't touched it
>>
>>55064461
By reading the rules before you post.
>>
/r/equesting the pink-haired anime girl holding the C book
>>
>>55064703
Turns out it's a part of the algorithm analysis class, which is towards the end of the CS program at my uni. American education is pretty shit for the most part
>>
>>55064613
Oh shit, I feel dumb now. Thanks man.
>>
>>55064728
>girl
>>
File: she.png (7KB, 257x118px) Image search: [Google]
she.png
7KB, 257x118px
>>55064728
>>55064760
r8 my haskell code
>>
>>55064760
wtf
You know what I'm talking about. It's been posted so many times, and now I want to save it but I can't fucking find it. Someone who has it, post it pls
>>
>>55064759
Protip: if the error messages says "TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not str", that literally tells you that you put in a string instead of an integer.
Then you just have to find out where you messed up with the type conversion.
>>
File: jazz for your soul.jpg (66KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
jazz for your soul.jpg
66KB, 600x720px
I haven't written a line of code in 2 months, someone give me a project.
>>
>>55064788
data Sex = Male | Other
data Gender = Man | Other

You can't go wrong.
>>
>>55064816
Oh shit, I didn't even see that. Sorry for being a noob
>>
>>55064788
Slow as fuck.
>>
>>55064826
>>55060739
>>
>>55064826
Create a bot that takes a random image from /wg/ every hour/day/week and makes it your desktop background.
>>
>>55063640

I feel like your analogy is bad, but your experience is not guaranteed to be the same as my experience. At least I can rest in peace knowing that I am having the correct experience and you are having some kind of degenerate experience.

[spoiler] I don't even know what my post really means[/spoiler]
>>
>>55064463
#JusticeForTempleOS
#SchizoLivesMatter
>>
File: K&R himegoto waifux2.png (1MB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
K&R himegoto waifux2.png
1MB, 1000x1400px
>>55064789
Here you go!
>>
>>55064921
THANK YOU! <3
>>
>>55064826
super mario world hack
>>
>>55064627
kinda reminds me of the output of evo cubist, that was a evolutionary programming example in a magazine some time ago: https://github.com/ola-ct/evo-cubist
>>
>>55064921
Himegoto NOT considered hamrful
>>
>>55064826
If you have Skype, there is a file on your computer that has all your message logs and other stuff of Skype saved. It's a .db file that you can access with sqlite3.
Do something with that. Like, write your own Skype GUI, or randomly delete messages, or whatever,
>>
>>55064956
No harm, if you're already a cock-sucking fagboy slut.
>>
File: test.png (53KB, 320x196px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
53KB, 320x196px
Now with variable transparency. 300 triangs w/ 100 candidates.
>>
>>55063136
What is image_has_source supposed to contain? Are you allowing images to have multiple sources? If an image is only allowed one source, then it should be a field in the image table.
>>
>>55065131
image_has_source contains

--The URL to the source in question if applicable (quite possibly I'll add a function that gets the page and stores it locally for posterity)
--The ID of the file table in question
--The ID of the source table in question

Let's say the source table has an entry named "pixiv", it'd also have metadata on that source.
>>
>>55063136
Why don't you just add source attributes (description, link etc) to the image table
>>
>>55065206
I'd have to restrict the options programatically then.

I don't want five different writings of "pixiv" or "deviantART".
>>
>>55063532
- it's challenging
- finding solutions to a problem is rewarding in its own way, just like fully understanding a math theorem
- I like creating things
- Programming is like having a toolbox and finding the right tool for a given problem. You can also create your own tools thanks to the tools you already possess.
>>
>>55065228
You will have to though
In your implementation, the image_has_source table will have to link an image to its source right? Therefore for each image-source link you'll have to rewrite the source anyways.
>>
Dynamic form stuff
The goal is to auto-generate HTML forms from WTForms because building the same pages over and over again is boring and it always needs the same add/delete/edit logic.

$('#testform').fancyform({
'test': ['foo', 'bar', 'baz']
}, template);

It's boring and I want to go back to back-end development.
>>
File: 1411704027544.png (63KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1411704027544.png
63KB, 367x202px
>drop flags
>>
>>55065411
i have seen you post some pictures like this, but i still don't get what is supposed to do?

what is it for all that stuff , anon?
>>
In OpenSSL why do I need to use a BIO if I already have an underlying socket connection?
>>
>>55064826
DELETE THIS
And then just make game.
>>
Is it bad that I only program games since I have no fucking clue what else to write?
>>
Is it bad that I program games because I don't know what else to write?
>>
>>55065593
Games are hard enough to write.
Most software is more straightforward to write than games.
>>
if im good at math will programming come easy to me
>>
File: Untitled49385.png (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled49385.png
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>55065506
You know Active Directory in Windows?
This is supposed to be a management framework for achieving the same functionality using open source software.
It manages for example users and groups, for PC login, Git/gogs access, WiFi using RADIUS, etc.
I'm now working on DNS management. All the zones that are served by our DNS server are in LDAP and we can manage it from this console.
After that, IP address management (IPAM) will be built. This is just for allocating subnets and IP addresses, but it will for example control DHCP servers for static leases, and it integrates automatically with DNS.
There are also plans for email and VoIP management, and a support portal with tickets and guides for the users.

It probably costs less than setting up a complete Windows Server infrastructure and is easier to maintain.
Good documentation and guides are one of the main selling points.
I hope I can sell licenses for other users some day and I will make some money from all the effort.

tl;dr; it's software that manages everything for an enterprise or SMB network

Pic related, it's the DNS GUI
>>
>>55065620
Yes, if you can think something through bit by bit you will be able to program quite well.

>inb4 multiple replies telling me im wrong, and probably rightly so
>>
>>55063532
>how you think when doing it.
Most of the time it's just swearing because your/someone else's shit don't work.
>>
I'm reading http://ngnghm.github.io/blog/2016/06/11/chapter-10-houyhnhnms-vs-martians/

It's brilliant

A Martian computing stack from the point of view of sentient equine.
>>
>>55065668
thanks for the link anon!
>>
>>55065668
Can someone explain what the fuck Urbit is? Is it an elaborate prank? Role-playing or a thought experiment gone rogue? Evidence of time travel?
>>
>>55065649
good luck in your endeavors !
>>
>>55063532
>I have a backlog of anime to watch
>Maybe there's more fuel on the panda now
>This shit isn't displaying correctly, what the fuck now
>Coffee
>I should fap
>Fuck, why is this normalfag messaging me again. Fucking end yourself.
>Why won't you just work.
>I'm not even getting paid for this.
>>
>>55065734
A computing platform designed from scratch by a certain independently wealthy neoreactionary gentleman:

Martians have developed a peculiar operating system, Urbit (docs), the Terran port of which seems to be semi-usable since 2015. At the formal base of it is a pure functional applicative virtual machine, called Nock. On top of it, a pure functional applicative programming language, called Hoon, with an unusual terse syntax and a very barebones static type inferencer. On top of that, an Operating System, call Arvo, that on each server of the network runs by applying the current state of the system to the next event received. The networking layer Ames implements a secure P2P protocol, while the underlying C runtime system, u3, makes it all run on top of a regular Linux machine.

The data model of Nock is that everything is a noun, which can be either a non-negative integer or a pair of nouns. Since the language is pure and applicative (and otherwise without cycle-creating primitives), there can be no cycle in this binary tree of integers. Since the only equality test is extensional, identical subtrees can be merged and the notional tree can be implemented as a DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph).

On top of those, the execution model of Nock is to interpret some of these trees as programs in a variant of combinatory logic, with additional primitives for literals, peano integers, structural equality, and a primitive for tree access indexed by integers. The inefficiency of a naive implementation would be hopeless. However, just like the tree can be optimized into a DAG, the evaluation can be optimized by recognizing that some programs implement known functions, then using a special fast implementation of an equivalent program (which Martians call a jet, by contrast with JIT) rather than interpreting the original programs by following the definitional rules.
>>
>>55065773
I don't care about Urbit the imaginary platform, I'm talking about Urbit the phenomenon.
>>
>>55065668
>>55065697

I think we should replace install gentoo meme with...

INSTALL URBIT

LEARN NOCK

LEARN HOON

anon you haven't even joined us at urbitchan? what a loser you are!
>>
>>55065754
This except for Coffee.
i prefer tea or energy drinks
>>
>>55065786

it is not imaginary, you can download and run it (u3 runtime)

A phenomenon? Mencious moldbug was an OS researcher, then he got f u money doing WAPsoftware for pre 2000s phones, then he decided to make an OS of his dreams come true.

AND HE DID.
>>
>>55065738
Thanks, man
>>
>>55065773
>>55065786
I mean, I get it. Nock sounds like any old lazy, pure functional language, except that a thunk can operate across the net instead of just a different thread or process.

I, just, what the fuck is with all the newspeak?
>>
>>55060739
If this is your first time working on algo problems (are you memoizing this?), figure out the recurrence first and work from there. To start: For each cat you have, it can cover every possible split of the current sub-corridor, and for each recurse on the remaining sub-sub corridor.
>>
>>55065869

To create something new you have to get rid of 70s concepts (VT-100 /etc/ /usr/ lol).

Nock is much simpler that what you are saying it is just a set of 35 rules that define it.

Networking is done at the level of arvo

1  ::    [a b c]           [a [b c]]
2 :: nock(a) *a
3 ::
4 :: ?[a b] 0
5 :: ?a 1
6 :: +a 1 + a
7 :: =[a a] 0
8 :: =[a b] 1
9 ::
10 :: /[1 a] a
11 :: /[2 a b] a
12 :: /[3 a b] b
13 :: /[(a + a) b] /[2 /[a b]]
14 :: /[(a + a + 1) b] /[3 /[a b]]
15 ::
16 :: *[a [b c] d] [*[a b c] *[a d]]
17 ::
18 :: *[a 0 b] /[b a]
19 :: *[a 1 b] b
20 :: *[a 2 b c] *[*[a b] *[a c]]
21 :: *[a 3 b] ?*[a b]
22 :: *[a 4 b] +*[a b]
23 :: *[a 5 b] =*[a b]
24 ::
25 :: *[a 6 b c d] *[a 2 [0 1] 2 [1 c d] [1 0] 2 [1 2 3] [1 0] 4 4 b]
26 :: *[a 7 b c] *[a 2 b 1 c]
27 :: *[a 8 b c] *[a 7 [[7 [0 1] b] 0 1] c]
28 :: *[a 9 b c] *[a 7 c [2 [0 1] [0 b]]]
29 :: *[a 10 b c] *[a c]
30 :: *[a 10 [b c] d] *[a 8 c 7 [0 2] d]
31 ::
32 :: +[a b] +[a b]
33 :: =a =a
34 :: /a /a
35 :: *a *a
>>
>>55065921
I imagine that the idea for this definition of the core language came from Contact? So it is more of a thought experiment than anything else.
>>
>>55063532
i either feel euphoric or feel like im contracting metastasis cancer on multiple counts
>>
>>55065885
I was hoping /g/ could come up with something better than a brute force.
>>
>>55065961

I don't understand why are you so dismissive.

If you have ever learned lambda calculus you should have wondered if we could build the whole computing stack on top of it. This is it.

Martian analogy is helpful too though, it is meant to make one look at this with fresh eye and and to note that this is a state-of-art software of 50 million years old civilization.

Do you really think humanity will be using windows 100000 super-bloated-edition 50 mln years from now? I don'w think so.

After hundreds of rebuilds from scratch a solid foundation for computing will be found.
>>
>>55063532

It feels like creating something from nothing.

The majority of humans are mere consumers that have been deprived of this feeling. How do they even exist, in a world filled with objects they can never create themselves...
>>
>>55065982
How so? The RT will be fairly good after you get the DP algo down and the correct memoization structure.
>>
>>55066030
yeah, because programmers aren't deprived at all from feelings other humans experience.
>>
>>55066083

autistic programmer is a meme

normies just want to believe in a "just world" where to gain something you absolutely have to lose something

this is often not true
>>
>>55066111
How do you lose something when you start from nothing?
>>
>>55066111
>normies just want to believe in a "just world" where to gain something you absolutely have to lose something
Normies call this amazing phenomena a "job".
>>
>>55064432
Do you even efficient strings by default?
>>
File: pepe_comfy_blinky.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_comfy_blinky.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>55066153
normie plebes have to work jobs

gentlemen are independently wealthy either by virtue of their investments or by virtue of generous welfare
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>JOB DESCRIPTION

>JUNIOR URBIT DEVELOPER
>REQUIREMENTS:
>EXPERIENCE WITH HOON, ARVO OS, AMES NETWORK PROTOCOL, JAM/CUE SERIALIZATION
>FAMILIARITY WITH NOCK DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED
>COMPENSATION: 150000$ WITH BENEFITS

tfw haven't learned urbit can't get a job
tfw learned java instead
no java jobs only urbit

I'm a failure? I'm a failure. A fuckin failure.
>>
>>55063844
>>55064551
>>55064912
terry was the one who wrote the response
>>
>>55065668
>Ngnghm
>Houyhnhnm
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>55066330
>>JUNIOR URBIT DEVELOPER
>>EXPERIENCE WITH HOON, ARVO OS, AMES NETWORK PROTOCOL, JAM/CUE SERIALIZATION
>>FAMILIARITY WITH NOCK
i dont even know any of these words
>>
>>55065773
>martians
I don't get it, you don't actually mean people from Mars do you?
>>
>>55066384
You aren't employable in the current year then, anon.

Long past are times when you could get paid money for writing C or Java programs, it's Nock all the way down these days.
>>
>>55066415
It means the OS was developed without ties to human OS development history, also with much more time. It's a metaphor.

>>55066371
Houyhnhnm are equine sentient creatures from old children's book. Their supreme persistent computing environments far surpass anything that humans can come up with. See intro https://ngnghm.github.io/blog/2015/08/02/chapter-1-the-way-houyhnhnms-compute/
>>
>>55066447
Just finished reading all of his blog. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
>>
>>55062388
You can't slice a vector and add 2 vectors easily
>>
>>55064467
Haskell lists are linked lists
>>
File: pepe_hanged.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_hanged.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>55066636
tfw no an_advanced_metaprogramming_infrastructure_capable_of_manipulating_arbitrary_program_semantics gf
>>
File: test_ct_boykov_gaussian_10.png (6KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
test_ct_boykov_gaussian_10.png
6KB, 512x512px
Hey guys,

I'm working on this medical image segmentation algorithm in python. My current task is to get edges from an already segmented image for retraining purposes. Attached is an output image that I have to get edges for.

Specifically I need edge samples, so a pixel from the left and pixel from the right, as well as top and bottom.

I can easily write a brute force algorithm but are there any libraries I could use to pull out the edges? Particularly for rgb images.
>>
>>55066751
opencv
sobel edge detect

edgy
>>
>>55066776
I noticed it's for grey scale images, do you know how I could apply this to rgb?
>>
File: smug_sakura.jpg (29KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
smug_sakura.jpg
29KB, 337x404px
>2016
>Writing software that doesn't learn from experience

What are you, a n00b?
>>
>>55066810
Yes, just split your image into 3 images, one per channel. Detect edges separately.

You are asking such basic questions, hope you don't misdiagnose somebody anon.
>>
>>55066850
Apples and oranges, you smug faggot.
>>
>>55066868
what the fuck did you just said about me you little bitch?
>>
>>55066850
Thanks but instead I think I'll map each color to an integer in a new numpy array and then do edge detection on that. The colors are always constant
>>
I'm not even a "hate all" hipster but this one made me cringe: http://images.apple.com/media/us/education/2016/c5c3778e_47ce_43a6_87b8_579709caf9df/everyone-can-code/films/developer/education-developer-cc-us-20160613_1280x720h.mp4
I bet they don't even understand a simple concept like passing by value or by reference.
>>
>>55067106
>passing by value or by reference.
This already sounds archaic as hell.
You might as well scream about the damn kids not learning assembler, you already sound like an irrelevant old man.
>>
>>55067106
>not passing by value-result
>2017

Come on
>>
>>55067154
How it is archaic? Knowing that is relevant for making even the most simplistic application.
>>
>>55067106
>all these poor people with apple shit

these people are so far removed from reality, it's not even funny
>>
>>55067154
>This already sounds archaic as hell.
I hope you aren't the same guy who was claiming Swift made C obsolete earlier
>>
>>55067199
What's the difference? A beginner doesn't care.
Most languages don't even give you a choice anyway, there's no reason to give it a name.
>>
>>55067106
what's funny is that swift is actually more complex than c#/java
it's based and roasties think it's easy
>>
File: 1449358534146.png (202KB, 308x290px) Image search: [Google]
1449358534146.png
202KB, 308x290px
>>55066829
>writing software
>>
File: t.jpg (70KB, 633x624px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
70KB, 633x624px
>>55065885
>>55060739
Here's the first half although I may have misinterpreted the problem.

I haven't given enough thought about the second half of the problem.

What if you have an array of 18981 and were told to choose 2 cats. The ideal configuration would be to choose the second and fourth position (instead of choosing the largest item and going from there).
>>
https://developer.apple.com/reference/accelerate/1912851-bnns

>Basic neural network subroutines (BNNS) is a collection of functions that you use to implement and run neural networks, using previously obtained training data.

>BNNS supports implementation and operation of neural networks for inference, using input data previously derived from training. BNNS does not do training, however. Its purpose is to provide very high performance inference on already trained neural networks.

Where do I get input data?
>>
>I'm looking trough the other group's project
>I see this
string sql = "insert into tblPaciente values('" + v1 + "','" + v2 + "','" + v3 + "','M','" + v4 + "','" + v5 + "','" + v6 + "','" + v7 + "','" + v8 + "','" + v9 + "','" + v10 + "','" + v11 + "','" + v12 + "','" + v13 + "','" + v14 + "','" + v15 + "','padrao1')";
>>
>>55067833
o que é que tem?
>>
>>55067599
I don't think this does what you think it does.

>BNNS does not do training, however. Its purpose is to provide very high performance inference on already trained neural networks.
>>
>>55067842
>nowadays pajeets don't even know what String.format is

truly sad
>>
>>55067842
who is this, why are you tracking me?
>>
>>55067888
ninguém. :^)
>>
Oh good, gitlab is down.
>>
for char in input:
do_stuff()
[iterable.next() for x in range(N)]

I'm writing a lexer and i want to skip N characters when I find a token of length N so i don't have to read chars that i've already read
i can do it with the above code but it is an ugly solution. is there a better way to iterate over the input?
>>
boolean isVisible() {
try {
return true;
} catch (Throwable t) {
/* Do Nothing */
} finally {
return true;
}
}

>>
>>55068152
i changed it to
while input:
do_stuff()
input = input[N:]

it works but still feels like i should be doing something different.
>>
>>55067280
Again, I would work out on paper a proper recurrence. I am assuming that the cat can either guard its leash distance on either side, or just the square it is placed in. In that case, your base cases are you have no cats left, or the current "center" possible cat placement location is outside the array. Otherwise, your recursive cases are fairly simple, take the max of: either place a cat without a leash, place a cat with a leash, or don't place a cat at all and shift over your "center" by one square. You might also need a special case for if the center you are currently looking at is right next to a guarded segment (i.e. i - 1 is guarded, looking at i). I think this is right, but take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>55068221
E N T E R P R I S E..
N..
T...
E.
R....
P.
R...
I
S
E..
>>
>>55068221
production ready
>>
>>55068233
i = 0
while i < len(input):
do_stuff()
i += n

??
>>
>>55068233
don't overload input, fuckwit
>>
>>55068221
what language is this? how can
return true
possibly throw an exception?
>>
>>55068455
It is idiomatic Java.
>>
>>55068455
it's satire newfriend...
>>
>>55068430
i've been iterating over objects for long i've forgotten the simple index loop. embarrassing
for i in range(len(input)):
do_stuff()
i += n

thanks.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2KB, 512x209px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2KB, 512x209px
how do i get this.

It's kinda the same as GL_MIRROR with its texture coordinates but with integers
>>
>>55068685
Whatever array of data you're using, just use a modulo for the index.
i % 3 will limit your index to 0-3 repeatedly
>>
Just finished "Learning Python the hard way" what should I do next?
>>
>>55068685
[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17].map(v=>v%6>3?6-v%6:v%6)
->
0 1 2 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 2 1
>>
>>55068685
use superior haskell
concat $ iterate [0..3] id

> take 16 $ concat $ iterate id [0..3]
[0,1,2,3,0,1,2,3,0,1,2,3,0,1,2,3]
>>
>>55068731
its not doing that though.
It's going up and down

>>55068775
What's a generic algorithm for this?

Or really just a less python-y version to visualize
>>
>>55068775
>>>/unreadable/
>>
>>55068803
cycle [0..3]
>>
>>55068805
3 * floor( abs ( sin ( x )))
>>
>>55068731
Needs to be i % 4.
>>
>>55068805
1: that's javascript
out = in%(2*max)
if out>max {
out=(2*max)-out
}

This should not be hard
>>
>>55068805
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
int arr[] = { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 };
int i;
for (i = 0; i < 100; i++)
fprintf(stdout, "%d", arr[i % 4]);
return 0;
}

0123012301230123012301230123012301230123012301230123012301230123012301230123012301230123012301230123
>>
>>55068828
shit, I just redefined cycle withouth knwining
>>
How do you post them fancy code boxes?
>>
>>55068861
You need a 4chan pass.
>>
<code>
</code
>>>55068861
but with brackets instead of meme arrows
>>
>>55068834
nice
>>
>>55068853
its not modulus you shitter
>>
>>55068738
I really liked Python 3: Object Oriented Programming (2010 edition). It isn't about Python 3, but about more advanced OOP concepts and their implementation in Python.
>>
Trying to get clang to work with a GCC cross compiler is a bitch.
>>
>>55068989
>relying on a compiler called CLANG
>>
File: output.webm (819KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
819KB, 1920x1080px
Hail muh slow potato camera
>>
>>55069022

C LANGuage. I don't see anything wrong with the name.
>>
>>55069022
>relying on a compiler named after a ganoo
>>
>>55069027
crazy how something so simple can feel like magic when you do it yourself
>>
>>55068951
I'm sure you can figure it out.
Just decrement or increment the index based on a switch variable and play flip flop.
>>
File: EDI.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EDI.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
Spent the day writing my own quick-and-dirty X12 parser, because the one provided by our software vendor completely shat the bed. Their support team is still trying to figure out what broke a week later, so I went ahead and parsed out the files myself.

Regex to the rescue I guess... but what a depressing experience this whole project has been. The insurance industry is a joke from top to bottom.

My only solace will be in commiserating with others in the same boat. Anyone else /soul crushing corporate drone/ here?
>>
>>55069037
>C LANGuage.

My mind is blown.
>>
>>55069177
If you only just realised that, you're a fucking retard.
We already knew that though. I suppose this is just more confirmation.
>>
I'm reading through k&r and some of the exercises font make sense to me or I don't feel that the book has taught me this in a previous chaotef. Is this a normal feeling ? Not all but some.
>>
>>55069295

I just never really thought about it. I don't use Clang, so I never contemplated the name choice.
>>
>>55069421
Do you have any examples? I'm about halfway through it myself and so far things are going smoothly.
>>
>>55069571
Man let me be honest, on chapter 2 and don't understand any of the excercises. *sigh* idk why I can't understand them. For example right now excercise 2-4 and 2-5 on page 48.
>>
>>55065649
the ui is gorgeous
good luck anon
>>
File: image.jpg (534KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
534KB, 1920x1080px
>>55064137
Can I assume you are using LWJGL3?

Regardless if 2 or 3, trying to properly render something in LWJGL is always a pain in the ass because it is difficult to know where the problems reside.

A few things stand out in your code such as when you bind the texture twice and the color4d line. However, I am in no position right now to debug your code and my remarks might be BS anyway.

Here is my recommendation. Watch these video playlists:

Look a video 5 (LWJGL2):
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19F2453814E0E315

Not sure if there is anything here or not but its worth a look (LWJGL3):
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPG9VXUdu-_HYJHx9bFHNyEySzQNnRoQ9

Good luck anon and hang in there.
>>
File: oh.png (213KB, 881x1008px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
213KB, 881x1008px
I was going to try to implement a bunch of math algorithms for fun, and was going to use Fortran because I hear physicists use it. Went to look for a book in the sticky to figure out the syntax and stuff, and it's not even listed.

Is Fortran a dead language? And, either way, any recommendations on books?
>>
>>55069637
Well, 2-4 wants you to expand this function:
/* squeeze: delete all c from s */
void squeeze(char s[], int c)
{
int i, j;
for (i = j = 0; s[i] != '\0'; i++)
if (s[i] != c)
s[j++] = s[i];
s[j] = '\0';
}

Basically asking for it to compare two strings for exclusivity, rather than a string and a character. This basically just boils down to iteration and comparison, and keeping track of your counters. Does the problem not make sense, or the working of the function itself?
>>
>>55064137
I FUCKING NEED OPENGL HELP TOO AND I HAPPEN TO ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A TEXTURE (ATTACHED TO A FRAMEBUFFER OBJECT)

>GL11
IT'S DEPRECATED AS SHIT SERIOUSLY https://www.opengl.org/wiki/Fixed_Function_Pipeline
>>
>>55069973
what?
>>
I'VE GOTTEN A FRAMEBUFFER OBJECT ALL PROPERLY SET UP AND I CAN RENDER TO A TEXTURE, BUT THE TEXCOORDS ARE FUCKING MESSED UP, IF I RENDER TO THE DEFAULT FRAMEBUFFER IT SHOWS UP FINE AND COVERS THE WHOLE SCREEN, BUT IF I RENDER TO THE TEXTURE ATTACHED TO THE FRAMEBUFFER OBJECT FIRST (WITH GLVIEWPORT SET ACCORDING TO THE TEXTURE SIZE OF COURSE) AND THEN RENDER THE TEXTURE WITH THE TEXCOORDS AS gl_Position.xy*0.5+0.5 IT CAN FIT ALMOST 3X3 TEXTURES ON THE SCREEN WITH GL_REPEAT BUT REALLY IT SHOULD COVER THE WHOLE SCREEN LIKE WITH THE DEFAULT FRAMEBUFFER SINCE THE TEXCOORDS ARE gl_Position.xy*0.5+0.5, AND IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT TEXTURE SIZES (AND CORRESPONDING GLVIEWPORT CALLS) JUST WITH DIFFERENT IMAGE QUALITY, LIKE WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: image.png (848KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
848KB, 1280x720px
>>55069999
He's shouting.

Also, nice quads.
>>
>>55069999
DON'T USE FUCKING FIXED FUNCTION PIPELINE IN THE CURRENT YEAR LEARN MODERN OPENGL WITH SHADERS LIKE A SENSIBLE PERSON
>>
File: 12576815649.jpg (144KB, 349x463px) Image search: [Google]
12576815649.jpg
144KB, 349x463px
>>55070026
thanks, nice anime image

>>55070030
Are you talking about the other guy? What?
>>
>>55070042
I'M TALKING ABOUT HIS CODE >>55064137

MY ISSUE IS >>55070020
>>
What is the best language to learn for creating graphics for animation or CGI?
>>
>>55069876
It was the question that I didn't understand. Like the specifics of what it wanted, also sadly I don't understand the function.
>>
>>55070154
What do you want specifically?
Do you want to make animations or what?
>>
>>55070165
Instead of just deleting the character c from the s1, you delete all of the characters in the string s2.
char str[] = "abcd";
squeeze(str, "bd");
/* str is now "ac" */
>>
>>55060739
Lets say d[j][l] is the optimal solution for the corridor with the first j segments and with l cats and I'm using prefix sums s[j] from >>55061124. The key to solving this problem is to notice, that when we append the i-th segment, in the optimal solution the i-th segment is either guarded by a cat or not. If it's not guarded, then the solution for d[j][l] is d[j-1][l]. If it is, then the last cat is guarding it. We don't know how long the leash of the last cat should be for maximum booty, so we simply have to check its every possible length. We can write this as d[j][i] = max( d[i-1][l-1] + s[j] - s[i-1] - (j-i)^2 ) for every i between 0 and j inclusive.
The optimal solution for d[j][l] is the better (maximum) of the two above cases, in which either the last cat guards the i-th segment or not. O(n^2*k).
>>
>>55068803
? you are missing the countdown, i.e. 3, 2, 1, 0
>>
>>55069876
If I am a noob to C, even though I have been trying to learn for months, should I just power my way through the book to understand the concepts and not stress about the excercises. Sometimes I get depressed thinking I can't learn to code ;-; .
>>
>>55070194
This mkaes it easier to understand, thanks.
>>
>>55070202
Doing the exercises is a good idea, but you probably don't need to get too hung up if you can't figure out how to do some of them.
>>
>>55070202
Using K&R to learn how to program.
Kek.
>>
>>55070221
forgot my meme arrows, sry
>>
>>55070232
it's k. Instead of a simple kek, can you give me some resources on learning. I have the /g/entooman library on bookmarks so any book I can just download.
>>
>>55070154
GLSL
>>
>>55070254
All you need to start off.
>>
>>55069816
use Haskell
a lot easier to reason about for math algorithms
>>
>>55070020
I'M LITERALLY DYING
>>
>>55070519
OK I'M NOT LITERALLY DYING DON'T CALL AN AMBULANCE ON ME
>>
worked out how to easily run shit from notepad++ without opening folders

create a shortcut of ctrl+d, then delete the regular one
the shortcut should say
$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\run.bat

your run.bat file should say this:
@echo off
F:
set a=%0
set a=%a:run.bat=%
cd %a%
python main.py
pause

both of these are very portable so it's nice when you have 30 projects you can just copy paste the batch file
>>
why aren't you using the MIT licensed Checked C?
https://github.com/Microsoft/checkedc
>>
>>55066330
That sounds like a job description for a javascript dev
>>
>>55066330
is that a real job description? urbit is a fucking joke, he can't seriously be expecting people to have experience with hoon and nock and whatever dumb shit
>>
>>55070020
for fuck's sake this is beyond ridiculous i'm sampling gl_Position.xy*0.5+0.5 so the screen should just be one texture but with GL_REPEAT it's repeated nine times with the edges cut off a bit
>>
>>55070745
LOL i'm so retarded gl_Position.w wasn't homo so i was using the .xy before the perspective divide gg
>>
how would you make a series of number repeating like 0, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 0 ...
>>
>>55070867
cycle (l ++ reverse l) where l = [0..n]
>>
>>55070885
whoops
cycle (l ++ (n : reverse l))
>>
>>55070867
see >>55069083
>>
>>55070200
cycle $ [0..3] ++ [3,2..0]
>>
Dear Princess Celestia: Hello World!

Today I learned something simple.
I said “Hello, World!”!
That's all about something simple!

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

https://esolangs.org/wiki/FiM%2B%2B
>>
>>55070171
Make character animations
>>
>>55071384
Why don't you want to use existing software?
>>
Starting linear algebra next semester. What to expect?

How often does it overlap with programming?
>>
>>55071428
It's absolutely essential for machine learning and computer graphics
>>
>>55059620
Other people always fuck things up.
If you want something done right, you always have to do it yourself.
>>
>>55071499
NEW
>>
>>55065301
It's fine if each image-source link has a different link.
>>
whats a project i can do in .NET to put on my resume
>>
>>55071384
C++

>>55071426
everything is shit, almost anyone can make something that's better than existing software in one way or another (e.g. maybe you don't have blockbuster tier mocap but you could have better performance and quality than e.g. the unity engine)
>>
>>55058705
holy shit my math teacher gave me that book in high school
>>
>>55060835
Lisp uses a lot parenthesis
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.