[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go for a job interview for an ict company >goes great,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

>go for a job interview for an ict company
>goes great, the manager says they'll call soon
>2 days later they call back
>you can't have this position, because some of your commits and comments on github contain too much profanity

i thought programmers are fucking cool people and shit
>>
>>55048626
Ya blew ya idiot
>>
Someone in HR earmarked your position for their cousin's nephew or something.
They looked for any reason to reject you.
>>
Don't beat yourself up about it dude. Companies like that look for any small reason to not hire you. Just clean up the comments!
>>
>>55048626
>i thought programmers are fucking cool people and shit

welcome to a culture fit interview fail.

these companies are looking for reasons not to hire.
>>
>>55048626
People don't want to be around angry people, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>55048626
hope u didnt use any problematic words like 'slave'
>>
>>55048626
Thrust their anus with dragon dildo son. Kill those sjw cuck immediately
>>
Why would you include profanity in public profiles that you know employers will be looking at?
>>
>>55048626
This is why I have my personal git that's set to private for free because I accessed it with NoScript enabled, and my public one I use as a portfolio.
>>
>>55048626
That's because they aren't really interested in hiring you or anyone. If they're serious about hiring, the interview should be the last step in the hiring process.
>>
ITT: things that didn't happen and people who have never had a job before

They wouldn't have even bothered to tell you why they didn't hire you. They probably wouldn't have even called.
>>
>>55050478
this.

also why would you swear in git commit messages? commit messages are not your personal shitposts, other niggers and faggots might have to read them. When you make a commit message you should always think of it as being something public and something "suitable for work".
>>
>>55048626
Companies now days seem to want actual robots, Like they want YOU to be a robot, And I don't mean that in the /r9k/ sense of the word either, I mean they want you to be like a mindless politically correct drone.

When I go to interviews I put on my drone persona just to talk to them, The questions they are asking are becoming more and more personal too, They want to know what your hobbies are, Who your friends are, What you did last Saturday.

The irony is they will never find anyone truly willing to be honest with them while they continue these interrogations, Largely because it's none of their business to begin with.
>>
>>55048626

>using profanity and jargon in code comments

you deserve it for being a fucking scrub, try to be more professional next time
>>
>>55049768
This

You failed the culture fit OP, dont worry about it. If you failed because of that, chances are its not a place you'd want to work for anyway.
>>
File: absolute.png (8KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
absolute.png
8KB, 1000x600px
>>
>>55051027
This is why you lie your ass off and tell them what they want to hear. Saying "oh yeah i just played vidya all day" is a giant turn off. Saying shit like "oh i did some study on XYZ and then went to a bar or went to play golf with some friends" sounds way better.
>>
>>55051144
>tfw I don't need to lie
>>
/r/thathappened
>>
>>55048626

Can you give us some examples of the comments they would be talking about? I'm sure they were just bullshitting you and looking for a reason not to hire but I'm curious.
>>
>>55051144
it shouldn't be that way
>>
>>55051221
You should do more than nothing in your free time.
>>
>>55051221
Did you even talk to people in college? That's how everyone talks at a professional level. Play a dad sport dude, it'll take you further.
>>
>>55051221
Seriously who cares as long as you:

a.) Can do the work
and
b.)Aren't shitty to work with.
>>
>>55050858
Have you seen Torvalds commit messages?
>>
>>55051266
He's torvalds
>>
>>55051247
Being shitty at life is indicative of being shitty at work. A software developer needs to be someone who takes initiative and makes things happen, not just sits around waiting to die.
>>
>making public commits
>not having all private repos
it's your own fault freetard
>>
>>55051423
So spending your day off experiencing media you enjoy is indicative of being shitty at life? What are you doing on here for then?
>>
>>55051454
>What are you doing on here for then?
Should have spent some of that free time reading a book.
>>
>>55051468
Heh. Current e-readers are pretty good. They typeset nearly as well as LaTeX so everything's pretty.
>>
>>55051341
Oh, I'm sorry, are you literally the inventor of the Linux kernel?
>>
>>55051341
Sorry, I meant to reply to >>55051266
>>
>>55048626
2016+0
Not having a separate internet identity which cant be easily traced to the real you
Enjoy getting #REKT by corps and sjw's
>>
>>55051750
>having an internet identity
>2016
>>
File: 1464396698489.png (176KB, 433x422px) Image search: [Google]
1464396698489.png
176KB, 433x422px
>>55051027
>Who your friends are
But I ain't got no friends, senpai.
>>
I have a job interview soon as a sys admin with the IT manager

what are some tips?
>>
>>55053194
suck his dick.

>But the IT manager is a woman.
lol abandon ship!
>>
They are. They also work for companies. Companies are not "cool people," they're not your friends, they're money vacuums. The money vacuum does not give a shit how edgy your sense of humor is. If you risk the health of the vacuum you are useless.

>>>/biz/
>>
>>55048626
ahahaha hope it was worth it to act like idiot on internet dipshit
>>
File: 1412340841282.jpg (70KB, 627x310px) Image search: [Google]
1412340841282.jpg
70KB, 627x310px
>>55053141
I only have a bf. Should I get friends?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.