[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else using Blender running into this problem? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: blend prob.png (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blend prob.png
285KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else using Blender running into this problem? I'm using a torus-like mesh to cut holes in a board using boolean modifiers, but randomly I'll run into a few spaces where the holes fuck up like this. Googling hasn't been much help since I can't isolate what's causing it to happen occasionally. It's so frustrating to get to the last few holes only to have the board fuck up and make the whole mesh useless.

Just wondering if any other Blender users are running into similar problems cutting holes into things
>>
>>54917318
>>/3/
>>
/3/ ->
>>
>>54917318
Try ctrl+j or union boolean on the whole set of cutting "tools" and cut all at the same time. Blender sometimes creates edges between vertices that do not belong together after you add a boolean to the object, and shits itself if you try to cut into that later, so cutting all at once helps a lot. Also, you can try to recalculate the normals on the object that you are trying to cut, sometimes it flips over some faces(dunno why).
>>
>>54917318
Also you can try cycling through all booleans until you get the desired result, and if neither 3 of them give it to you, flip the direction of the normals and try again(on the cutting object and the one being cut). This is bruteforce but actually has saved me multiple times when working complex shapes for 3d printing. This works because of set theory, if blender understands that you object is flipped inside out then the operations become messy.
PS: if all this fails, you can heal the mesh by hand, which is time consuming and frustrating but works.
>>
>>54918212
>>54918388
>>>/3/
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.