[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys have a ASRock motherboard are they good? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 13-157-293-Z01.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
13-157-293-Z01.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Do any of you guys have a ASRock motherboard are they good? I might get a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
>>
Don't buy asrock
they don't know how to make a non-slimline mobo, they use shit parts, no customer support. all in all utter shit
>>
i used to have a z68 extreme 4 gen3 ages ago it was ok. got my 2500k to 4.6ghz, ran fine for several years
>>
I bought this same board for cannibalizing the internals of a Dell XPS 8300 I had, and it has worked wonders for me. I have no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>54907780
I've got an ASRock Extreme4, but with the X99 chipset.
So far so good, works well, nothing much to say.
It's cheap and it has more options than I actually need, UEFI is serviceable.
No issues.
>>
>>54907780
I have an x79 Extreme4.
Ran an overclocked 3820 on it for a week.
The board fried itself and the ram.
Got a replacement. Did a slightly lower overclock (completely removed it later because there's no point).
I've been running the replacement mobo ever since no problem.
>>
Asrock have become the Asus; the good boards are very good and some are utter shit.
Good board whichs are currently buyable off the self:
990FX Extreme9
X99 OC Formula (both the original and usb3.1 version. The z97 version then again is garbage).
X99 WS (with the latest uefi; the first versions have some major problems).

>Z77 Extreme4
That is a example of the latter, shit.
>>
Meh. z77 boards are expensive nowadays. If you are not upgrading and you can get it cheap then go for it.
>>
File: speccy.png (19KB, 413x358px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
19KB, 413x358px
>>54907780
Got the Asrock z170m extreme4

No issues with it. I've been able to push the overclock upwards of 4.6ghz and my voltages are average at all ghz levels so far. My temps get too high on my cheap air cooler though so I currently run at 4.2ghz with stock voltage.

Everything worked for me out of the box and there are no instabilities. The UEIF/BIOS is easy to navigate and has plenty of features. Also the ultrafast quick boot option looks interesting once I get an SSD to make use of it.

I baked in the usb3.0 drivers into my windows 7 iso and installed windows 7 via USB before upgrading to windows 10, asrock had an iso patcher tool that made it very simple, just 2 or 3 clicks to tell the tool where the iso was and where to put the patched iso. No cd/dvd reader needed.

Personally, I would recommend Asrock to a friend based on my experiences with this board. (Also the whole Asrock producing boards supporting BLCK overclocking on non-K intel chips is cool too)

Note that mine is a Z170 board, not the Z77, and mATX at that, not even the full ATX version.

Hope this might help you make an informed decision, good luck anon.
>>
>>54907780
I loved asrock, worked great
until one day the pcie controller or w/e died on the board, everything worked except shit in my pcie (gpu etc)

I asked for a return cross ship cuz I used for work, even if I had to pre-pay the board then they refund me

they wouldn't do it, at all, nothing I could do would get them to do it.. even though I was mission critical part of a company project and was using my comp with integrated gpu cuz I had to get work done

so I'll never buy from them again, fucking garbage company
>>
Own two, ASrock 939 dual sata 2 and 980DE3. Both are solid and work perfectly.
>>
>>54907780
I had the 970 Extreme4, it's features are pretty good(Dr Debug, Dr Debug, and Dr Debug), but the usb3 controller is defective, so I have to turn usb3 off.
>>
>>54912447
I hate to be one of those guys but if it was that crucial you should have had a spare part in your office
>>
>>54912570
have*, it's currently in a joke of a "server" that dual boots W2K and openSUSE.
>>
>>54907780
Yeah, they are pretty good.
Better than ASUS definitely. I think ASRock knows what customers really want in terms of BIOS options and similar stuff.

ASUS on the other hand is just out of touch with its users. For example I can't let fans run slower than 60% without installing some fucking shit tool in windows which needs to run all the time...

ASRock on the other hand... never had problems. Also the build quality is good.
>>
>>54910079
how is the 77 extreme4 shit? ive had it in a rig running for 4 years now and no problems.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.