[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Text-Based Java RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Map.png (71KB, 1258x974px) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
71KB, 1258x974px
This is my first post ever on /g/, hello from /b/. So I've been programming a game in Java on my phone for about, oh, 2 1/2 months now. It's 3658 lines now, and it's simply a text-based, command prompt RPG featuring a store, quest line (9 total bosses), and is a 6x6 grid of 36 different areas. The goal is to find the Catacanook Treasure, and there are different classes to choose from as well as a newly added tutorial.
Here is the link to my game in a zipped folder on Dropbox with a .png map and a README text file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnqe5hswkl016py/Catacanook%20Adventure%20Game%20v1.1.zip?dl=0

I really need some feedback on how to improve the clarity of the game. Also if anyone would like to help with graphics, that would be great.

The app I code with is a Java IDE on the App Store named "Pico Compiler", which allows internal copy/paste but not pasting from external sources. Thus, until another Java Compiling app comes up for iPhone, there's no way to play on iPhone. However, android has an app called "AIDE" which will be able to compile and run the game's source code. If you need the source code, here is a link:
http://pastebin.com/TCQwZ7Re

On Android, you want to copy the entire source code, open up AIDE, click the button in the bottom right of your screen, New Project, Java, Java Project, name it "AdventureGame" (I'm not sure if you can name it anything else, but if you can, let me know), delete the stock text in the project, and paste in the source code. To play, hit the Play button on the top right.

Picture is relevant, map for the game.
>>
File: Gameplay on iPhone.png (97KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay on iPhone.png
97KB, 640x1136px
PS: Hello anon from /v/!

<-- iPhone gameplay screenshot of stats menu.
>>
File: 1464856193463.gif (147B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
1464856193463.gif
147B, 32x32px
>>
>>54878599
I seriously doubt I would EVER put this much time and effort into a bait if it was a bait. Like, you're way more than welcome to open the Launch.bat in a text file and see that it's literally just the command necessary to run the .jar in a command prompt window.
>>
File: image.png (142KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
142KB, 640x1136px
Here is a segment of code for setting the base stats of the Wizard before refreshing the stats.
>>
>>54878728
^ these values have actually since been changed for better balance (essentially the scaling factors per level on health are reversed).
>>
Wouldn't this have been better implemented as a MUD?
>>
>>54878565
>Java

Into the trash it goes.

Go make a GitHub repo and swindle real programmers into helping you make your memeware.
>>
File: gahndum.jpg (254KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gahndum.jpg
254KB, 750x1000px
>>54878565
try >>>/vg/agdg desu
>>
>Writing all your text into your code

like, its cool and all that you're doing this, but if you're serious about it, go do some tutorials or read some textbooks or something anon, cause this is shite
>>
Outside of /dpt/, this board has strong dislike for Java. You're better off posting this on /dpt/ or in /vg/s /agdg/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.