[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take a technological advice from, or listen to an opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: iphone.jpg (56KB, 993x767px) Image search: [Google]
iphone.jpg
56KB, 993x767px
Do you take a technological advice from, or listen to an opinions of people who own iPhones (or any other Apple products, for that matter). I find it very difficult to take them seriously.

I sort of fell that most people buy an iPhone just because, and if you ask them why, then they would likely say: "Guh... it's Apple, dude!"

"Tech illiterate" and "iPhone user" are synonymous to me.
>>
File: 1450426891769.jpg (22KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
1450426891769.jpg
22KB, 533x477px
>>52472426
k
>>
>>52472426
>hey anon, why did you buy that phone?
>"Guh... /g/ says it's the best, dude!"
>>
Pretty uncontroversial thread., there would be more discussion if you claim the Pope is Catholic. By the time mac users figure out how to post in this thread it will likely be archived
>>
>>52472492
Comparing barely functional Apple users with somewhat educated /g/ users is not particularly fair, Anon.
>>
File: 1452211175442.gif (2MB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
1452211175442.gif
2MB, 240x192px
>>52472781
>/g/
>educated
you haven't been here long, have you? Half of this board is "muh gaymen PC!" leaking from /v/

Owning an iPhone doesn't make you tech illiterate. It means you own an iPhone. Conversely, owning an Android phone doesn't make you tech literate. Ricing Android doesn't mean you are tech literate.
Why do you have to be so mad about people buying iPhones? Are you some kind of little closet homosexual?
>>
>>52472781
Loads of people on here just regurgitate shitposts they've read as fact.

There are plenty of iPhone users who know about tech, it's just a fucking phone.
>>
>getting mad about what phone other people use

Thanks for giving me my fill of autism for the day.
>>
For all the boxing there is about iPhone, there is one objective thing that they've gotten right that other phone manufacturers have not - fucking radio bands. Every iPhone is basically fully functional pretty much anywhere after you unlock it. It is as close to a truly universal phone as you can get with CDMA and GSM built in along with tons of different 4g/LTE bands.

The most important function of a phone is that it has to be able to connect to a network. It is annoying as fuck getting to figure out which models will work with which carriers and in what parts of the world. When an unlocked iPhone 6s you literally do not need to give a shit - fly somewhere and get registered on a local network and it just werks.

I'm an avid android person but i fucking wish that Samsung would copy that instead of having like 41 different versions of the Galaxy s6 with different band support.
>>
>>52474072
Nexii also have a milti-band support. It's not exclusive to Apple. Also, Nexii come unlocked out of the box.
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>52474193
Yeah, for how much price? Also, with a slower phone than that I can do *many many* things you don't. Oh, and wait for the next Snapdragon...
>>
>>52474111

Which is great, but there are still tradeoffs that I'm not quite willing to make just like how I'm not going to get an iPhone for this reason either.

I actually really enjoy the S-Pen on the note series, so every time i think about switching to something different (like a 6P) i end up deciding not to. That's why I'm going to stick with my Note 4 until i see something that's just tol compelling to ignore
>>
Why the hell are people obsessed with thin phones anyway? I ordered a big ass battery for mine and it looks like a brick but it's still comfy.
>>
>>52474257
Like I should wait for zen?
$25 a month, for 2 years I can upgrade anytime. With the bonus of god tier hardware, support, and knowing that the company that makes my phone doesn't sell users data for its profit. They sell phones and computers.

Android btfo, how's your botnet overlord?
>>
Who give a flying fuck about it, i've used both android and iphone and the only real differente betwen them it's just the logo
They are just fuckin phones
>>
>>52474507
>only real differente
Which are you using now? Its spellcheck SUX!
>>
>>52472426

>
I sort of fell that most people buy an iPhone just because, and if you ask them why, then they would likely say: "Guh... it's Apple, dude!"

If you think this meme is at all based in reality then you don't talk to human beings in real life very much.
>>
>>52472426
I just pretend someone gave it to them as a gift.
>>
Moto X Pure Edition master race coming through here.

Can confirm, all the iPhone owners I know are tech illiterate faggots who suck Steve Jobs' bloodless penis without even knowing anything about him or what he did.
>>
I'm going iOS next time around and the main reason will be the ecosystem. Nobody buys Android apps and the result is a ton of shitty blatantly malicious "free" apps with tons of advertising and IAPs. Of course Apple devices aren't immune to this but from what I can see it's a damn sight better.
>>
>>52474635
Just out of curiosity what kind of apps would you be referring to?
>>
>>52472426
>"Tech illiterate" and "iPhone user" are synonymous to me.
To me that attitude and autism are synonyms as I know plenty of very technically inclined people who still own iPhones. Not everyone who has the necessary skills to tinker with their smartphone actually wants to. Some people just want a smooth experience and good third party software support even when they're tech savvy.

I'm a mac user myself since 2007 and that has't stopped me from getting a Comp. Eng. degree. Plenty of my fellow students and faculty members also have macs as their daily use machines.

At my university windows is #1 for the liberal arts and non-technical STEM areas, not the technical areas. For the technical side it's pretty much 40% Linux, 40% Mac and 20% Windows for faculty and postgraduate students.
>>
I know many people that aren't tech illiterate and got one simply for being bored of having to root android phones. iPhones are pretty ok with default customization desu senpai.
>>
>>52474750
Not a big fan of iPhones myself ether, but I do understand why a lot of equally skilled people would go for an iPhone and not a Jolla phone like I did. Then again in my experience most of these "All Apple users are retarded"-types have very great confidence in their skills, but they generally lack the skills they boast about meaning that if they were actually able to customize their phones without bricking them, they're usually worse than on a stock ROM. I've had to return more than one device with a bricked install while listening to the owner moan about how shit iPhones are as I'm fixing their phone.
>>
>>52472426
I've used iOS since 2008. Also owned the original G-1 and lots of other androids since. Have a Nexus 4 here at my side right now, but my actual phone is an iPhone 6. It's always amusing to hear the cries of how dumb Apple is, how it's declined and/or never been worth a shit, how the users are sheep, etc. Actual evidence seems to show that the average idiot on the street is a goddamned moron despite what phone they use. I have a cousin who'll never use iOS because she hates having to pay for all her mp3s and didn't like when Apple tried taking over T-Mobile (she confuses Apple &AT&T). I'm constantly re-cleaning and re-setting up her phone for her when one of her music downloading progs has ended up filling up her dumb Samsung or given it some malware/scammy launcher or widget/whatever. Guys I work with use it for "the freedom", then bring it to me to root or rescue or just make work. I'm comfortable with adb and (unfortunately) Heimdall and the Samsung suite of tools (oh god, the worst thing to happen to Android was Samsung getting involved) but it'll never be my primary phone. It can power useful tools and backup devices but as a useful phone (or tablet), iOS wins by every metric that matters to me.
>>
Personal experiences wouldn't count, will they?

My friend is more educated with computers than me. He constantly buys parts for his computer and replaces them while I use the same computer I bought 10 years ago, without replacing a single part. It's probably a second nature for him to replace a CPU, but I'd probably be panicking when connecting a new HDD or replacing a PSU.

So anyway, he recently bought an iphone after going through many flagship Android phones in 2 years.

He seems quite satisfied now. The phone looks rock solid, does whatever he wants to, and it...just werks.
>>
>>52474851
so much this.

my life in a nutshell
>>
File: topkuks.png (290KB, 728x427px) Image search: [Google]
topkuks.png
290KB, 728x427px
>>52474580
>human beings in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkbxzilVC4
>>
>>52474653
SnapChat, Tinder, you know, something to get muh dik wet :)
>>
>tfw still using a iphone 3
>>
>>52472426
Is that first sentence a question or are you retarded?
t. not an apple cultist
>>
>>52474966
Android phones usually run like shit, lag and have horrible battery life and you have to fuck with them a lot to get them working half decent. This will require you to get root access too.
>>
I'll never understand why a board that claims to be so concerned with privacy pushes an OS made by an an advertising company so heavily.
>>
>>52472426
man idk I used to use an android I recently got a 6, it's been the best phone experience I've had, granted it's jailbroken I literally have 0 complaints, it's fast, it works, I don't need to rice it, and normies don't look at me weird when I use my phone.
>>
>>52474851
>one of her music downloading progs has ended up filling up her dumb Samsung or given it some malware/scammy launcher or widget/whatever

I'm assuming this shit is all off the play store that google claims to police but actually don't give a shit as long as you aren't blocking their ads.
>>
>>52476115
>run like shit
They run just fine. What do you even mean by "run"?

>lag
Not since early 2014.

>horrible battery life
Depending on the model. Droid MAXX can outlast 3 iPhones, for example. The Note series wipes the floor with anything Apple.

>have to fuck with them a lot to get them working half decent
Not true, but having an ability to be able to "fuck" with them, instead of being locked in is amazing.

>require you to get root access
Nope, but again there is an option for that, and works better than jailbreaking.

Man, how can you be wrong about... everything? You better be trolling, homeboy.
>>
>>52474541
Iphone, auto correct changed "difference" with the correct word in my language
>>
>>52476211
Android fanboy detected.

ART did not magically make Android's lag problem go away, and even if it did, lollipop introduced so many new bugs and battery drain issues it's not even worth using.

iPhones don't need to be fucked with in the first place.

I have owned several Android devices and all the shit constantly running in the background kills battery life unless you take extreme measures to kill or otherwise neuter it. This includes all the Googlel apps that refuse to stay Greenified unless you have root and Play Services has to be gutted severely.
>>
>>52475978
Looks like they only tricked like 4 morons
>>
>>52476160
yeah, the play store. and she falls for pretty much every gimmick. I've tried explaing that iPhones will in fact play her shitty stolen mp3s, but she's locked in the mindset that it forces you to buy DRMed music through them.

Man, the play store needs some damned curation like all hell. Which is not to say that the App store is winning on all counts; search for something like "mario" to see all the hsoveled crap trying to scam people who think they'll find nintendo games there. Or "doge," I ran into this just yesterday when I couldn't remeber what the dogecoin breadwallet knockoff was called (duh, doughwallet! and it's great)--for reason there are dozens of doge versions 2048 and doge-based currency converters and of course flappy doge.
>>
>>52476724
Apple doesn't really care since doge has no clear enforceable copyright and (I'm assuming) those apps aren't stealth malware/adware. The worst that can happen is a bunch of clueless users spend $2.00 on something they don't actually want.
>>
>>52476724
>dozens of doge versions 2048 and doge-based currency converters and of course flappy doge.

Those are all good apps.
>>
File: faggotdetected.jpg (8KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
faggotdetected.jpg
8KB, 236x301px
>>52476344
apple fagt detected
i have the note 5 and it works flawlessly
had the 4 before, worked flawlessly also, thought had some samsung bloat, but they stopped shoving that in their last models
i laugh at your inferior expensive brick with an apple logo
>>
>>52476724
>implying apps with doge are bad
>>
File: 1425376422898.jpg (39KB, 600x531px) Image search: [Google]
1425376422898.jpg
39KB, 600x531px
>>52477111
So you traded in your phone with an IR blaster, interchangeable battery and micro SD card support for one that has none of it, much like the iphone?

I think you're not any better than him.
>>
>>52477180
>ir blaster
2016 faggot, stop using your grandpa's monochrome tv
>micro sd slot
2016 faggot, your main memoriz are much huge
>interchangeable battery
had the 4 for 2 years, never changed battery

also
2016 faggot, and you're alive
an hero
>>
>>52476344
>implying youre not gay
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-14-44-13.png (176KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-14-44-13.png
176KB, 1440x2560px
>>52477387
>not wanting 4-5 days battery life
>>
>>52472426

people who think they are superior to others based on what they use to text and make phone calls are we call 'neckbeards' no one takes you seriously and we chuckle at your jokes so you don't shoot us in you future aspie spree
>>
>>52476211
>They run just fine. What do you even mean by "run"?
The lag springs to mind first. These days most devices don't lag out of the box, but specially samshit tends to start lagging at some point.

>Not since early 2014.
ART didn't come until 5.0 that released in late 2014 and it's only the applications that are translated from Java bytecode to executable binaries on install. Even at that it's trying to engineer around the deficiencies of Java, which Apple at least gets around completely by having all apps developed in a language that is translated to binary executables right away.

>Depending on the model. Droid MAXX can outlast 3 iPhones, for example. The Note series wipes the floor with anything Apple.
So it's one low to mid end device from 2013 and some fuckhuge clown phones? Right...
>>
File: hours.png (5KB, 329x114px) Image search: [Google]
hours.png
5KB, 329x114px
>>52477599
>So it's one low to mid end device from 2013 and some fuckhuge clown phones? Right...

There are plenty more examples. Even the shit-tier Galaxy line outperforms iPhone by at least an hour in most cases.
>>
>>52477387
here's your reply
>>
>>52477481
>carrying a ton of batteries with you
thats what chargers are for, faggot
>>
>>52478173
It's only 1 battery, Anon.
>>
>>52477387
wow
i can't believe i just read that

you're retarded
>>
Has anyone else found that the people that complain about other people owning Apple products are usually people that own some kind of "/g/" Android device that they rice out super hard, then post about their riced out Android phone on their riced out anime Linux distro? Its like they honestly believe they are better than everyone else because they can follow a guide on how to put as much obnoxious shit on their devices as possible.

Maybe its just me though.
>>
>>52478349
>Maybe its just me though.
It surely is. See you at Starbucks, my broseph!
>>
>>52478191
still a faggot
take your tripfagging elsewhere
>>
>>52478281
sure applefag
>>
>>52474193
>2008-2015
>HURR BENCHMURKS ARE USELESS THEY TELL NOTHINGS ABOUT REAL WORLD PERFORMANCE HURR

>2016
>Antutu only uses 2 cores biased upscaled 720p benchmarks on 1440p-1080p phones
>LOOK AT HOW HIGH MY SCORE IS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH LOOK MY PHONE IS BETTER THAN URS HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52472426
I'm definitely biased against them, yes.
>>
>>52478349
In my experience actual Linux users are fine with Macs and other Apple products. The people who moan the most about Apple and it's products tend to be Microsoft fanboys off /v/ with riced out Windows installs and the closest they ever get to proper Linux is using an Android phone.

Mind you, this is based both on people online and in real life. The worst anti-apple retards are always the "pee-cee gay-murr" types who think they're hot shit or something because they can set up a rig. I've seen liberal arts people do that successfully without any help so it's hardly impressive.
>>
I like to think there are a few different tiers of technology knowledge.

>Completely retarded Apple fanboys who buy only use Apple tech products, the kind of people who say "macs can't get viruses"

2. (this is you OP, along with every teenager with a tech youtube channel with 11 subscribers)
>The retarded contrarian tribalists who circle-jerk over Windows and shit on every Apple product or service. The kind of people who say "Windows is better cuz it works with games and lets me customize stuff". The kind of people who, despite being retarded, feel qualified to assess other people's technical expertise based on the devices they own.

3. (This is me, and most people on /g/)
>Intelligent adults who may or may not be technology experts, who are able to objectively assess the values of individual devices and services. We realize every majoy tech company makes some great products and some terrible products.

4. The highly skilled technical professionals, hackers who hate Apple and most other major tech companies and have the technical expertise to cite their opinions. The kind of people who rather than saying"hurrr iOS sucks cuz you can't change the ui", could identify black marks in the source code.
>>
>>52472426
How about you shut the the fuck up and let people use whatever phone they want.
>>
You're literally an idiot if you think that people who buy Android devices have more deductive reasoning than people who buy iPhones. 99% of the market buys what they feel like buying for little to no thought. They don't spend hours and hours researching tech devices.
>>
your thread picture says it all. the biggest knock on the iPhone these past few years has been people being surprised that if they try to snap their phone with all their might, it will bend the device.
>>
I've got an iPhone but that's mostly down to getting a 3GS when android was still pretty shit and staying in the ecosystem cos its comfy. i'm not under the delusion that the iphone is miles better than any other phone.

This is in contrast to my friend who is full on apple brainwashed into thinking that iphones are clearly superior to every other phone, in terms of processor speed, camera, screen literally everything he thinks is the best. When i show him comparisons that this isnt the case he disregards it. Bare in mine that he also has a mac and believes thats the best thing since sliced bread. He's currently about to build a watercooled pc but is insisting on making it a hackintosh even though he wants to use it to play games.

I feel like 90% of the apple brainwash stems from their laptops and pcs, with too many people having a bad experience with shitty $400 windows pcs and laptops which obviously are not going to stay fast after a year or two with some pleb using it, but have no problem spending $2k on a macbook and not realising that the difference is in fact the extra money they spent, not some wizardry that apple is doing. Good ultrabooks that could compete with the macbooks in terms of specs AND looks have come too late to reverse that.

If a company decided to ONLY produce high quality, good looking windows laptops which costed $1k+ and built a similar image to apple i think they would be pretty succesful.
>>
>>52472426
People who buy them are typically ones who don't like to tinker with their phone or need it for any utility purposes, just someone who wants a stable phone without having to do any research in choosing. Also has pretty standardized accessories and good amount of support in apps and devices. Lastly, these people have enough money where the price is of no concern.
>>
>ask some of my friends why they got iphones instead of any android phone

>"I didn't know which one to get so I just got and iPhone because it was easier"
>>
>>52472426
Never, the average iphone user knows less about technology than a dead WW1 veteran.
>>
I have a jailbroken iPhone and I think it is the best of both worlds. The customizability and freedom (free as in not locked down, can download whatever you want, etc.) of an Android, and the conformity of an iPhone (group texts, getting apps first, etc.).
>>
>>52472426
You fell for it. You identify with this shitty website's board. You're not supposed to do that.
>>
>>52477046
True. Although Mario is...plenty of shit gets in there are just junk apps to separate idiots form their money. Hmm...brb, gotta open a new dev acct and get some of those on the store.
>>52477097
I'm sure a couple are shit though. Regular 2048 is good enough for me.
>>52477144
Nah, like I said, I'm using dogecoin via dough wallet. Tasteful doge background in the app.
>>
>>52472426
>fell

t. mbp user
>>
>>52480304
>This is me
>Intelligent adult

I almost read your entire post. Whew. That was close.
>>
>>52482307
Now that I have an iPhone with Touch ID, I don't feel so strongly compelled to jailbreak anymore (since one use I had for it is Android Unlock XT but Touch ID is even better and more secure than that).

You can also probably thank A3 Tweaks for being faggots about updating Auxo to work with later iOS revisions. That was a fantastic JB application but since they were so bad about keeping it up to date (first by being slow about matching new iOS versions and then not updating it at all), they burnt their bridge with me.
>>
>>52483622
Is that Touch ID thing that you are talking about giving Apple your uniquely identifiable finger print? Please tell me that it is not, and that you are not a complete retard. I still have some hope left in the new generation.
>>
>>52483663
Touch ID keeps all biometric data on the device in the secure enclave. It's fine. There are many easier ways for NSA, etc to get your fingerprints, actually. And much more--other biometric data, DNA records, etc. There's plenty of concern that should be raised about these issues, but the sensors on iOS and Nexus devices aren't where we should be focusing our complaints.
>>
Apple gets a lot of shit right with the iOS though. Android is slow.

I have an s6 btw.
>>
>>52472426
Why do you even care, anon, I have to talk to tons of stupid users every day, they tell me all sorts of stuff about tech and ask me questions, I just tell them they are totally right and move on.
>>
>>52472426
I don't own an apple device, but as a person for technology, dismissing or downplaying some of apple's innovation is pretty retarded. Disliking a company on the basis of it's capitalistic merit is another topic on to itself, but as a /g/ent you should at least recognize something in apples' progress in the technology field...
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.