[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hootsuite founder launches US$25 stand-up desk to liberate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: oristand.jpg (22KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
oristand.jpg
22KB, 620x465px
>Hootsuite founder launches US$25 stand-up desk to liberate seated workers everywhere

Now if they could only combine this with an inexpensive exercise ball.
>>
>>52419304
>muh workplace fad
Staying in one single position is not good at all.
>>
>>52419321
This, you need to switch between standing, sitting and moving
>>
Have these people never worked as cashiers?

Standing in one place for an extended period of time is very unpleasant.
>>
anyone else suspend at work?
>>
>Ryan Holmes, founder and CEO of Vancouver’s Hootsuite Media Inc., shares your pain and together with a team of designers he is launching a cardboard, collapsible stand-up desk solution that won’t strain your back or your bank account.

25$ for a cardboard box
good stuff
>>
>The most important thing about cardboard is that it has allowed us to create a kind of democratizing stand up desk that everybody can afford, both businesses and individuals,” said Suchy. The desks are manufactured near Seattle, in the same factory that makes complicated shoeboxes for Nike Inc.

You do like democracy don't you?
>>
>>52419304
The laptop isn't high enough compared to his eyes. Will there be different sizes to choose from? Well they support large monitors or only laptops?
>>
>>52419404
>2016
>cashier standing

It's obvious you buy your groceries online, nerd.
>>
Why is he using a laptop?
>>
>>52419878
because he's not autistic.
>>
>>52419837
Every single store I've been to has standing cashiers
>>
>>52419404
Did you even read the article. The thing is easy to remove so you can alternate between sitting and standing
>>
>>52419415
I tried this thinking it wasn't for me but now I'm hooked
>>
>>52421374
>sensible chuckle
>>
>>52419373

Which this is perfect for? 25 dollars and you can just plop it on your desk for standing time, or put it on the ground and sit at your desk.

Zillion dollar idea: standing desk that also works as a chair? FUND IT.
>>
>>52419415
I got fired for hanging about
>>
>>52421365

Maybe we could have read the article if someone linked it.
>>
You still need a desk so why not get a proper adjustable desk that you can set to any height you want to. Yeah they're more expensive than a normal desk but not by that much as long as you don't go for the most expensive models. And they'll prevent broken laptops that get dropped to the floor when that cardboard box fails or gets toppled over.
>>
>>52419878

because he is employed
>>
>>52419304
>has a laptop
>is standing up
>uses laptop as screen
>types on another keyboard
>apple
LOL
>>
>>52419837
They make cashiers stand because customers think they're lazy if they see them sit down. Cashiers are one of the most looked-down on professions outside of shit scooper or dick sucker.

> meanwhile, they couldn't remember produce codes or bag groceries quickly and efficiently

Man, I'm glad I'm not a cashier anymore.
>>
>>52422270
I've seen bank tellers sit
>>
>>52422297
Bank tellers are not the same. People respect bank tellers
>>
When I was working at a tech company all the tables could increase in height with the tap of a button.
>>
>>52419304
>MacBook
>Bluetooth keyboard
>Bluetooth mice
Wew
>>
>>52419304
IT'S JUST A FUCKING BOX
>>
>>52419440
Im more of a fan of meritocracies.

Or in the worst case, a republic.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.