[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x1097px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x1097px
Is this accurate?
>>
How does hiroyuki make monetize this shit again?
>>
Just because it's worth that much doesn't mean anyone would actually pay that much for it.

Go to antique store and they'll tell you you're shit is worth $25k or whatever. Doesn't mean anyone would buy it for that much.
>>
>>52391554
>being this new

4chan was literally just bought for about $1 million. Whatever gay website you're using is obviously inaccurate as fuck, since the value of a product is what it actually goes for.
>>
>>52391613
>literally just bought for about $1 million.
>1 million
shitposting costs that much?!
wew
>>
>>52391589
Then it simply isn't worth that much. It's economics lesson 1, nigga.
>>
>>52391554
if you won the 1.5 billion jackpack would you buy this for 2 million?
>>
lmao no
If you calculate the cost of the servers and the minimal ad revenue produced by this shitty site since everyone uses adblockers, as with the income from 4chan passes, you're probably looking at most ~$600k
>>
>>52391613
The actual price 4chan was sold for was never actually released publicly, so I don't know why you pulled 1 million out of your ass
>>
They judge worth on irrelevant stats like traffic and users.

4chan's value is significantly lower because, despite the amount of traffic and users, it has very few ways to monetize those users. Most advertisers wouldn't touch 4chan with a ten foot pole, and most 4chan users are tech-literate and therefore adblock anyways.

In terms of cultural impact, 4chan may be worth $220m. In terms of actual ability to generate revenue, it's way, way, way, way, way less.
>>
>>52392417
Yup. Just made my resolution. If I win the jackpot I'm giving g00t 2 million for this website.
>>
Sure, if you went full advertising/botnet mode. Which would drive away all the users. Which would then render the site worthless.
>>
>>52393238
I think its actually worth far more in terms of cultural impact.
>>
>>52393238
>it has very few ways to monetize those users

Mook will find a way. Just look at what he did with 2ch.
>>
>>52394974
>2ch

just tell me
>>
>>52393238
>most 4chan users are tech-literate
Top kek.
>>
>>52394953
You are overestimating the value of virgin neckbeards
>>
>>52391613
>$1 million
The price it sold for is unknown. Also, I'll never believe it's that much if it's not proven
>>
>>52391866
>It's economics lesson 1
microsoft
minecrafty
worth it?
>>
>>52391586
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>52392431
You also purchase the community and it's free daily labor
>>
>>52391554
how much did hiro pay moot?
>>
To infinity and beyond, you are all welcome ;)
>>
I wonder how much J List has paid for all of their advertising. It's been there for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>52391586
ads and people who register to remove the cpatcha.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (132KB, 433x464px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
132KB, 433x464px
>>52391554
about as accurate as pic attached
>>
He should make a deal with Google

We train their botnet by solving CAPTCHAs, and Hiroshima gets money
>>
File: wp_ss_20160113_0002.png (77KB, 720x1003px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160113_0002.png
77KB, 720x1003px
Why so poor?
>>
File: wp_ss_20160113_0001.png (72KB, 720x891px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160113_0001.png
72KB, 720x891px
Seems no one values these niche sites.
>>
>>52397349
>>52397364
You can't make money from giving shit away
>>
>>52397349
>>52397364
Those websites are essentially free. What did you expect?
>>
>>52391586
Bots that post pro-Microsoft, pro-Apple or pro-Google opinions make 95% of the revenue of the site. The chan audience is one of the hardest to get to because they're not as gullible as average people, so pretending to be one of them and then convincing them we make amazing products is very valuable to us. We deploy enough bots to have a constant discussion going 24/7, the idea is that if we engage in enough discussion about it, not only will our products become more popular, but people will actually be more likely to buy our products. This has so far shown very promising results, promising enough to justify the costs of around 100 billion dollar a year we invest in project BotNet.
We are excited to keep improving the customer experience in upcoming years, as we will be introducing more sensible arguments and enhanced provocation. Thank you for being part of us!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.