[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so im tinking about buying a lumia 640. is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: microsoft-lumia-640-dtv-preto.jpg (146KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-lumia-640-dtv-preto.jpg
146KB, 1024x1024px
so
im tinking about buying a lumia 640.
is it any good?
>>
I've got 520 and I need to say that windows phone sucks and its boring as fuck but one advantage is no lags .
Choose something with android
>>
>>52370237
why is it boring?
>>
>>52370237
>no lags .

This is deceptive there is no lag because there are loading screens, a different kind of bullshit.

Get the 640 over android because on android you can't even block numbers without an app and if you are looking at a 640 only shit androids will be in your price range.
>>
>>52370270
Lack of aps. No custom roms.
>>52370281
I did not mean lags with loading app but lags in system work.
>>
>>52370281
>there is no lag because there is loading screens
better than being deceptive with gratuitous animations every time you open the app.
Even so, no lag.
I ask my friend to use Bing Translator on his Galaxy whatever to OCR some shit into Russian or whatever.
Jesus Christ it was at 3 frames a second.

950 XL did it at a smooth framerate. Hard to tell if it was running at a full 60FPS but it definitely ran at least 9x faster.
>>
>>52370186
I've got the 640 XL and I really like it so far (the camera is a lot better than the one in the 640 non XL). Windows Phone isn't perfect and I doubt Windows 10 Mobile will change that (the browser for example is beyond pathetic). But for 180 bucks it was a good deal. If you want a really nice smartphone don't buy it. If you want a smartphone that will give you a good bang for your buck, do it!
>>
File: 1447704896438.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447704896438.png
487KB, 900x900px
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>52370186
I am thinking of getting Lumia 550. But should I wait for intel windows phones instead?
>>
>>52370637
A 640 is a bettwr buy and it cost around the same
>>
>>52370186
for its price range, absolutely
>>
>>52370637
>intel windows phones

since when
>>
>>52370186
OK. NOKIA PHONES/WINDOWS PHONES.

never get one.

shit UI.
shit apps.

get an android or iphone.
>>
>>52370237
I have 5 year old android itsuck so hard get a i phonme like a adult stop being a poorfag geezehe
>>
>>52372674
>shit UI.
best UI of all the phones hands down
>shit apps.
what apps are you missing? aside from some very specific apps for IT engineers or some other specilist apps for workplaces, WP has everything covered for 95% of users
>>
>>52370419
What phone isn't part of the botnet?
>>
I just bought one for $60 a week ago. I thought going from android to WP would be terrible, but its been amazing so far. The 640 is likes $300 phone for the price of a dumphone.
>>
>>52374416
I agree with the UI. But are the apps supported by the companies? I thought they were going to get the play store on Windows phones. When is that happening?
>>
>>52370419
>Microsoft/USA botnet
>Google/USA botnet
>Apple/USA botnet
>Blackberry/Interpol botnet
>Custom Russian/Indian botnet
>Chineseaomi 3 Pro botnet
>old dumbphone no botnet
Pick one.
>>
>>52374611
Windows 10 will eventually be able to use all android apps. eventually, win 10 phones is rubbish right now, it's very much a beta dispite what they are saying, avoid them for now. When they fix the issues they will be good, but not right now
>>
>>52370186
Good Camera, very smooth UI performance.
App situation however is pretty fucking sad, Win10 made it worse.
>>
>>52374434
>What phone isn't part of the botnet?

Anything that is used for information exchange and is connected to a live network is, by definition, botnet.
>>
>>52375119
>App situation however is pretty fucking sad
it's only missing a few very specialized apps, the "app situation" is that you have 50 fart apps to pick from instead of 5000
>>
>>52375234
10c has been deposited into your Microsoft Associates Account, thank you for your hard work!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1MB, 1840x3264px
>>52370382
I have a 640, camera isn't that bad for a $40-80 phone
>>
>>52370186
Yes i have one. Best phone for the price in the US. ~$50 USD. Most games will have a clone if not the actual game. The only major app that's missing is snapchat.
>>
>>52375234
No Authy, no feedly, limited banking app, ebay can't accept offers, no post office tracking app.
I can do shit on the web browser but theres no notifications, makes it really annoying to conduct business.
It might work well for the average joe, but for me or any "enthusiast", it's pretty lacking.
>>
File: garden of the gods.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
garden of the gods.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52375307
>>
>>52370382
>Windows 10 Mobile will change that (the browser for example is beyond pathetic)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but the browser makes me angry.

Recently upgraded from a 8.1 530 to a handmedown 920 with WP10 installed, and on edge you can no longer swipe left and right to go back and forwards. Additionally, I was expecting it to be snappier (since better phone etc) but it feels like it's not caching anything at all.

And anyone who says "noapps" is not a real problem has never used a fucking windows phone.
>>
Win10 is basically unusable in it's current state.
>>
>>52375787
I have a 920 with WP10 and I'd just call it basically unusable due to how laggy it is. It's so fucking bad.
>>
>>52375828
Any idea if it's possible to roll back?
>>
>>52375848
I used the Windows Device Recovery Tool to take it back to 8.1 before updating to 10 again because the particular Win 10 build I had was so broken it wouldn't even let me update.

So yes, go look up the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
>>
>that uneven bezel on the left side
JUST
>>
>>52375450
Isn't that the backdrop for Asac Shraders backyard?
>>
>>52370237
litterly a 20 dollar phone. my USED 928 never lagged looked great was durable as fuck was fun and customizable had a great cammera and all the apps I used accept snap chat..witch was a good thing because it helped me convince my girlfriend to stop useing snap chat. it played asphalt 8 on high settings and the battery lasted all-day. The 950 is much newer has a good cammera better specs and comes with 8.1
also all windows phones get the latest os even the old ass 1020
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.