[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SE/30 Networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Se30.jpg (183KB, 1024x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Se30.jpg
183KB, 1024x1062px
Yo, /g/

I am trying to get my SE/30 online but I am tripping at the finish line.

I have successfully installed System 7 on it and now I am trying to install the necessary drivers onto it and I can't seem to get WinImage to open the .dsk files I need.

I have both a Windows and Mac computer at my disposal. I am trying to connect to the internet with a Farallon 030 PDS Ethernet Card.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>52255096
What are the files you are trying to open, OP?
Why did you d/l them in a Windows format; if they are Mac drivers wouldn't they be available in .sit or disk image archives?
>>
>>52255155
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/farallon-en-installer-222

I am trying to install this. I downloaded StuffIt for both Mac and Windows and both spit out a .dsk file. I don't know how to put a .dsk file onto a floppy other than on Windows. I've tried WinImage, TransMac, and a couple others. I don't think it's damaged.
>>
>>52255220
Try using DiskCopy (in the Utilities folder) to mount the image files.
>>
>>52255812
Disk Utility can't mount .dsk files
>>
File: head-bump_gal.jpg (12KB, 564x495px) Image search: [Google]
head-bump_gal.jpg
12KB, 564x495px
bump
>>
>>
>>52255220
use hfvexplorer to mount and extract .dsk images
>http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/hfvexplorer
>>
>>52257043
Yeah, I tried this too. Is there any way you can check if there's something wrong if the file I posted?
>>
>>52255220
You can try making it into a DiskCopy image using an emulator.

Alternately, if you happen to have a newer internet-capable beige box mac with a serial port, grab some PhoneNET cables and transfer files that way. Saved my ass more than once.
>>
>>52257100
All I have is the one SE/30.

I tried using mini vMac but I failed to see if there was a way to get it interact with my USB Floppy drive
>>
>>52257160
that .hqx doesn't extract properly for me either.

you can try using apple's generic pds ethernet driver set found in NSI 1.5.1 for system software 7

>http://macgui.com/downloads/?file_id=19326
>>
>>52257194
Thanks. I'll try this out.
>>
I haven't booted a 68k Mac in ages but... the tcp/IP stack is separate then the driver, and didn't install with the OS by default. Get your image working in basilisk II first, including networking, then try booting that on the se/30. If all else fails, you can grab the starter images for basilisk II, and just copy the "System Folder:Extensions" directory to your image. Frankly, basilisk is so much incredibly faster than real 68k hardware, that you should do all your setup there.
>>
>>52257160
Try using Basilisk II instead, vMac isn't a very practical emulator in my experience.
>>
>>52257848
If I designed it on Basilisk, how would I get it onto the SE/30?

Basilisk is compatible with USB Floppy ?
>>
>>52258235
The /dev/fd0 device can be mapped through I think. Also, MacOS was rarely hardware specific at that point. The install should work on both.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.