[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (7KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 213x237px
What's a good front and back light for my bicycle and why?
I've used a Sigma for 8 years now and the battery pack only lasts for like 30 minutes anymore.
When reading about some lights, there's no light that seems to be really fine. They all seem to be trash or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong direction.
Also I don't need to see 10000 meters ahead, I just need to be seen on the streets.
I'm willing to spend a decent amount of money on it.
>>
Anything that uses new LEDs
>>
http://www.aliexpress.com/af/solar-bike-light.html?spm=2114.031010208.0.308.yXMoZY&site=glo&SearchText=solar+bike+light&g=n&initiative_id=SB_20160105094835&isAffiliate=y&shipCountry=ru&needQuery=n
>>
>>52252048
>>52252075
That won't do it
>>
>>52252122
>I just need to be seen on the streets
Some cheap solar light is all you need.
>>
>implying anyone on this board bikes
>>
>>52252122
New LEDs are bright and have good battery life.
>>
>>52252192
Yeah but I obviously made this thread to get more than just BUY LED or a link with 100000 products.
Maybe there's some guys who know what to look for
>>
>>52252221
For the front? Exposure lights.
http://www.ultimatesportsengineering.com/exposure-lights/cycle-lights-2016/front-lights
They're not *cheap* but they are built solid as anything, they're light and last for hours. I own a a Diablo for my front bars, a Joystick for my helmet. Use them on the commute every day.
As for rear, just get decent little LED ones. One for the bike saddle/post, one to mount to your back/bag or helmet. Spent £20 for two with pulse flashes and the batteries last for ages. Months.
>>
File: _.jpg (111KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
111KB, 1024x675px
bought this Axa Pico light for 15€ and it works great, but it requires a dynamo
>>
>>52252403
Thanks, will take a look at that

>>52252405
I don't want one with a dynamo
>>
>>52252183
we're not all unemployed basement-dwellers, thanks
some of us bike to work, shower and only then sit and work in the basement server room
>>
File: led-rear-bike-light.gif (29KB, 261x250px) Image search: [Google]
led-rear-bike-light.gif
29KB, 261x250px
>>52252701
To augment what he said, for your rear lights look for something with some degree of visibility from the side, like pic related.
>>
>>52253425
i never asked for this
>>
File: 122-3335813A79UC1281814X.jpg (18KB, 620x404px) Image search: [Google]
122-3335813A79UC1281814X.jpg
18KB, 620x404px
Just buy the cheap ass ones from the pound store.
They do the job.
>>
>>52251980

This belongs on /n/, if you weren't aware. You'll get better replies there as well. Remember that just because something is technology, doesn't mean it belongs on /g/.
>>
>>52252221
Magicshine, pretty cheap (not china ebay-cheap), but much better quality. Note that rated lumen is theoretical and not actual, still good buy.

http://magicshine.com/ShowProduct.aspx?id=122

I use this one for biking and skiing, though most skiing. Around 1200lumens.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.