[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I buy a 3D printer in theory I can print another 3D printer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Funny001a006.png (93KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Funny001a006.png
93KB, 300x225px
If I buy a 3D printer in theory I can print another 3D printer ad infinitum!!!!

Problem law of thermodynamics???
>>
yes that's how it works
>>
they will get continuously smaller
>>
>>52241679
Where's the problem with the law of thermodynamics?
>>
have fun with your continually smaller printers
>>
>thermodynamics

Stopped reading there
>>
>>52241791
Not if you just print the separate parts and assemble them yourself.
>>
>>52241893
Pretty sure we all did
>>
>>52241870
I think he's talking about perpetual motion
>>
>>52241893
law of conservation of mass. aka an endless stream of 3d printers printing an infinite stream of 3d printers which would create perpetual motion.
>>
>>52241791
why? you can just print all of them on the 1st printer. all of them will be the same size, but smaller than the original one.
>>
I unironically miss those dumb old troll science comics
>>
File: 1449980317654.png (37KB, 206x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449980317654.png
37KB, 206x200px
>>52241870
>>
>>52241791
>>52241880
>>52241990
Well, I've just added something else to the list of things that I'd make if I had a 3D printer, a cute tiny 3D printer, though it might not actually work for printing shit with.
>>
>>52242849
You can't 3d print a 3d printer
>>
>>52241893
Thats pretty much the idea since its the last word on his post
>>
>>52242879
You can print most of one, I would still have to source some small servos though.
>>
>>52242849
You could build a normal sized one if you've got enough ABS/PLA
But... guess what? it'd only be the case
>>
>>52242199
They were okay, but it's for the best that they died out while they were still fun.
>>
Just 3D print a gun to rob a 3D printer.
>>
>>52242879
not true a 3D printer can print 3D printers which is why there really only needs to be one in existence like a star trek replicator that can make more star trek replicators.
>>
>>52242989
>it'd only be the case
And most of the other mechanical parts, no point in using metal for something with a ~1"x~1" bed that may or may not actually be able to print shit and it's sole purpose for existing is just as a joke.
>>
>>52241679
printers need ink to print, fuckface. what are you gonna do, print more ink? it doesn't work that way, fuckface.
>>
>>52241679
if the laws of thermodynamics were false, 3d printers, and in fact the universe, would not even exist. you need to study some mathematical logic.
>>
>>52241970
which doesn't exist because a system cannot be true if any of it's hypersystems are false, nor if any of it's subsystems are false.
>>
>>52241679
humans already do that
>>
>>52241893
that's where I started
>>
You cant infinity make the resin or the shit the printer uses to print unless you continuously make it smaller, or some shit

Or do you continuously borrow the previous printers resin,
>>
>>52241679
Why not print a factory that prints 3D printers?
>>
>>52243158
WRONG

do a basic calculation (using the calculus) and find out how many you can make given a volume of resin, n.

the answer is not infinite
>>
>>52243184
What if you kept dividing the amount by half infinitely?
>>
>>52243218
at some point when you get to a pile of molecules, you would wind up with useless goop that doesnt perform the same way as resin because it no longer holds the collective properties
>>
>>52243046

actually there is only one original 3D printer in existence , the ones in sale are just 3d printed replicas
>>
>>52243502
sounds legit
>>
>>52243330

get a load of this faggot who fell for the logic and practicality meme.
>>
Eventually the printers would need to become infinitely small. If they were to be equal, a printer p{n} printing a printer p{n+1} would need enough resin to duplicate itself, and enough resin for p{n+2} to duplicate itself, and so on.

In other words, you'd either need to be okay with infinitely small infinite printers, or an infinite mass for the initial printer.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.