[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school in Arizona and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1448912881481s.jpg (5KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1448912881481s.jpg
5KB, 250x167px
Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school in Arizona and have to make a decision of what university to attend. My major of choice will be Computer Science and what I'm trying to decide on is whether I should go to Arizona State University or University of Arizona. U of A is clearly better for CS, usually being ranked 8 spots above ASU in that major and being viewed as an innovator in that field, but I also have friends and family in Phoenix and I was wondering if leaving these people behind was worth the slightly better education at U of A. Is there anyone here who has actually gone to either of these schools for CS?
>>
File: sage-herb.jpg (25KB, 309x270px) Image search: [Google]
sage-herb.jpg
25KB, 309x270px
>>51619380
>Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school

Sorry, 4cham is an 18+ website.
>>
File: flood_irrigation.jpg (67KB, 924x350px) Image search: [Google]
flood_irrigation.jpg
67KB, 924x350px
This belongs on /adv/ bromano
>>
>>51619565
I thought someone over 18 was smart enough to know that a senior in high school can be 18 years old.
>>
>>51619656
I already posted on /adv/ but as most of them have never gone through a CS program, I wanted to ask here too.
>>
BOO HOO I'M GONNA MOVE AWAY AND LOSE MY FRIENDS BAWW

Grow the fuck up, you'll meet new people
>>
File: joe-arpaio-007.jpg (26KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
joe-arpaio-007.jpg
26KB, 460x276px
>>51619380
Do they teach that Obama's a Muslim from Kenya down there?
>>
I went to asu for cs back in 2010.

I withdrew and transfered out of state to cal poly pomona in california. I had family living in san dimas so it was easy to transfer.

Asu is garbage unless you're going for humanities, sjw, or business.
>>
>>51619698
I'm sure I would, what I'm asking is whether 8 places higher in most rankings would be worth giving up good friends and a strong support system with my family.
>>
I went to ASU, I do systems not CS, but I can tell you that the atmosphere of Phoenix/Tempe is really wonderful. Have you ever been to Tuscon? I have friends down there that love it.. but honestly Tuscon sucks ballsack. It might be worth it if the program is like HEAPS better than the others, but I think that you get out of it what you put it. If you're active within a CS/Tech community and you stay up on stuff I think you'll be fine with either of these.

Also, if you like to party, ASU will probably destroy your life lol
>>
>>51619380
i dont care idiot
>>
>>51619731
I'm aware of the fact that neither ASU or U of A are really where it's at when it comes to CS but sadly I have little to no relatives anywhere else. I hope to be able to maintain a good GPA and transfer later on in my college career or complete a masters degree somewhere else maybe.
>>
>>51619901
That's why you go to uoa. Shit even nau.

Just stay the fuck away from asu unless you suck daddy's cock for cash you diet trust fund baby or a street shitter from India
>>
>>51619901
I've been out of college for about 3 years now. I recently moved away from Tempe. It's reallly funny how things change after highschool. It's likely that you will only keep a handfull of the friends you currently have. As sad as that it sounds now, you'll be happy to meet new people, especially growing up in AZ, going to UNI really makes you realize how small and singular most folks mindsets are. You'll be suprised i'm sure. That being said, screw Tucson, it's all about Tempe. Go Devils.
>>
>>51619936
Dirty**
>>
>>51619936
I'm just saying asu (main campus Tempe, not community college west campus) is just awful. My experience there was atrocious. When I was in high school (north high phx) everyone kept telling me to go to nau. And I should of or just went to cal poly first.

Asu is for trust fund babies living off of mommy and daddy living in north phoenix or north scottsdale or named pajeet shitting on the street. You go there to major in business or humanities and spread aids, engage in anal homosexual intercourse, and get piss drunk.

Only ones there that sorta care about their education are the street shitters but you can barely understand them.

And the administration is ran by a bunch of greedy idiots that behave similar to army recruiters. They take everybody. All you need is a 2.5gpa to get in.
>>
if you care about your education stay the fuck away from asu. uoa and nau ARE FAR BETTER colleges than asu. more so nau because i go there.

if all you care about is sex, drugs, and getting piss drunk, go to asu.

really, stop making excuses why you should go to asu. this is your education we're talking about. your education comes first. IT SHOULD COME FIRST.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.