[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD Crimson is bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bullshit.jpg (90KB, 998x480px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
90KB, 998x480px
>"New driver available", oh cool I'll get it.
>It's this shit

This "Crimson" bullshit is the worst fucking abomination ever. "AMD Radeon Settings" doesn't have any settings at all, they literally removed like half the settings. It can't detect my secondary monitor, so I'm now just using one. The utility always crash after two minutes, and even before it crashes, it can't do shit and is an unnavigatable piece of utter retardedness. And on top of that it automatically sets my language without the option to change it. I've always bought ATI/AMD but next time I'm getting nVidia. Releasing this shit to their customers proves they are incompetent and have shit for brains.

Where can I download old version drivers with Catalyst?
>>
>>51609769
We're all devastated to see you go, anon.

Like and subscribed tho. Will wait to see your new Novideo. :^(
>>
>>51609769

>that great feel when I ditched my dying r9 290 for a 970 and I've never been happier, my last 4 cards were AMD but I have seen the light
>>
>>51609769
Hit Displays and click Advanced.
>>
I have a 2K display, the program told me rocket league wasn't optimized, when I clicked through to find out what it would optimize: AMD would set the resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080.
>>
>>51610088
>having the money for a 2k screen
>not investing in a good (nvidia) gpu
>>
>>51610128
No, fuck off. At least AMD has decent open source drivers for Linux, Nvidia is aggressively against their users being in control. Nvidia boycots open source, Nvidia requires signing up for the experience bullshit for driver updates, Nvidia will go full data mining, more aggressively than AMD. Nvidia pushes lock in, sacrificing technological advancement, more so than AMD. Nvidia pushes everything that's bad about software, the only reason you're falling for Nvidia is some fancy ray traced 3D models and marketing.
>>
File: 1440470687261.jpg (290KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1440470687261.jpg
290KB, 1131x1600px
>>51610088
Maybe it didn't think your GPU was good enough even with low settings for 2560?
>>
>>51610409
Nah, it recommended ultra settings 1080p.
>>
>>51609769
yeah crimson is shit for now, hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. I'll always buy the card with the better price/fps ratio so I guess my next one will still be AMD.
>>
>>51610449
Those are 2 different things anon. High resolutions can be a bigger toll on your GPU than other factors
>>
>>51610088
It was probably prioritizing framerate over resolution.
Considering the sort of game Rocket League is, that was probably a good idea.
>>
>>51610037

The light's coming from the house fire m8
>>
>>51610597
>>51610761
Also nah. Rocket league caps itself on 64 fps unless you mess with the config, while my gpu is capable of constant 120+ fps on 2K ultra settings. There is no reason to set it on 1080p.
>>
It shows promise for future versions, but I want to know why it was decided that removing the ability to change resolution/refresh rates within Crimson was a good idea.
>>
THIS IS WHY YOU USE THE OPEN SOURCE RADEON DRIVER
>>
In advanced settings it pulls up the old catalyst interface with all the old settings.

If you were too dumb to figure that out, just kill yourself now
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.