[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will facebook die? I mean, myspace, orkut and all the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: fb.png (12KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
fb.png
12KB, 1000x750px
When will facebook die? I mean, myspace, orkut and all the other had their time.

When will facebook come to an end?
>>
Idk. 7 years.
>>
>>51596091
maybe when you stop shilling it.
>>
Facebook is ubiquitous, like Apple or HIV.
>>
When fb moms stop liking pictures of starving African kids cos 1like=1prayer
>>
According to kids these days, it's already dead. No one outside of old farts are really using it and the old farts aren't even using it for the things they were. Yes, it's still around and in use, but even the most normal of normalfags are tired of shit like >>51596142.
>>
>>51596091
>>51596091
When another company has:

1) A better UI for end users that feels fresh and exciting

and

2) Better analytics for advertisers

The second point is critical. Who would invest in such a new company if the advertisers have no estimate on their ROIs? The user base would also have to see the advertising as less invasive than Facebook (which is pretty forced as it is).

Right now, Facebook is literally Hydra. They have their tentacles built into device operating systems while riding the wave of "b-but everyone I know is on Facebook" as the common user's reason to stay. You beat one end user feature, two more analytics/Pages features take their place.

And Mark knows all of this. He's waiting to pull a Tom Anderson (MySpace guy). Once Facebook begins to slip, he'll sell it off as the earliest possible time. You'll know Facebook's days are numbered when Mark sells it.

Or, in other words, what >>51596167 said.
>>
>>51596091
over 1.5 billion people use Facebook. that's like 1 out of 5. and if you don't count the 50% of the world population that is really poor, well it will keep growing and evolve over time. it's too big to die. just like wikipedia, amazon and youtube are too big to die. they will all evolve.
>>
>>51596167
Except that in most first world countries it's widely used
>>
>>51596317
this

hence why fuckerberg keeps trying to buy up all the new social media apps that, even while not serving exactly the same purpose
>>
>>51596091
>When will facebook come to an end?

Never. Other services will be hot among younger people and other specific audiences, but overall nobody will ever unseat Facebook. At least not in any kind of timeline that you care about.

Call it the Craigslist effect. Craigslist is a complete piece of shit. Ever try to sell anything on it? Nothing but flakes and low-ballers. Your listings will get flagged with NO explanation, and if you go to the suggested help forums you'll just get flamed by the hateful people who choose to hang out there (i.e. CL doesn't provide any kind of actual user support). The whole site still looks like 1997, AND they ban others from scraping data to provide important features (e.g. mapping rental listings in a much more discoverable way).

But CL won't be unseated. Why? Because that's where *everyone* goes. There are a few app-oriented alternatives, but you'll hardly get any offerings on there in comparison.

Same with eBay. At least in the US, no significant number of people use any other service, even though eBay completely fucks over sellers all the time and regularly ups their vig on every sale.
>>
>>51596409
This.
OP underestimates the network effect. It doesn't matter if facebook is shit or if something better comes along. The fact that facebook is so widely used, to the point where it's almost like having an email or a phone number, means it will not go away in any foreseeable future.
>>
>>51596339
It isn't though. Kids are using snapchat or other localized services and it has not been once used for the kind of job networking it was designed for since they allowed underage and GED scum back in 2006. Businesses are forced to use it but have no return on it compared to something like yelp or any other business service.

The number of active users are in the toilet. It's simultaneously FA and the nearest dead alternative that's also a ripoff of deviantart and myspace. The login and retention rates laughable compared to 5 years ago.

It's there and will be there for a long time, but is functionally already dead
>>
>>51596091
My friends left after they took off the Wall and replaced it with timeline.
>>
>>51596091
Every empire will fall but you'll be long dead when it happens. Facebook is like the US. People hate both but they have too much influence/power to just suddenly collapse barring extreme catastrophes.
>>
facebook doesn't die but it's power does.
social media becomes decentralized, people learn to communicate with each other fully encrypted and only use facebook as a connective reference - or so eben moglen thinks.

the end game is it's simply the whitepages of the internet
>>
probably never or 7 years from now
>>
>>51596091
Apart from third-world countries, Facebook is going the way of Myspace.

All the kids are on Snapchat/Instagram nowadays.
>>
>>51596167
But Whatsapp is popular.
>>
>>51596091

facebook will always pretend to be relevant even after its dead

but anyway, its just practically sitting there, waiting for the next idiot who can draw a catchy icon and logo and tie it with a catchy web.3.0 meme name to bump it from the internet and into obscurity

HATE JEWS
>>
>>51596339
people actually refer to computers as facebook in some countries.

Instead of going and asking someone to hook me up with a computer, or connect me to internet, people actually ask to be connected to facebook.

Especially in India.
>>
>>51596091
it is already dying. Give it time.
>>
File: REKT.png (564KB, 525x543px) Image search: [Google]
REKT.png
564KB, 525x543px
One thing about the whole craigslist thing-- a lot of what's holding together facebook are secret trade boards. Every location has them, for cities and counties, these are especially big in rural areas that are never in craigslist, which only really works for cities.
Also drugs. A lot of research chemicals and even illegal drugs get sold traded on those secret boards.
Yeah, I know how retarded it absolutely is, but really that's a lot of traffic.
>>
HTML5 social networks.
>>
Maybe young people will find something cool to switch to but I'm 27 and only a few years out of college and most of my friends (that I care about at least) are still pretty active on it. I've talked to them and we've all at least tried twitter but it sucks compared to Facebook, at least for what we want to use it for. FB is great for staying up with your friends lives and organizing events where everyone can come together and creating groups for social clubs to make sure everyone is on the same page. When Google+ came out, everyone thought that would unseat Facebook but we all know how that went. I'm at the point where if something else came around, I couldn't be assed to create a new profile and would probably lose touch with a lot of my old friends. I think a lot of people in my age group are like this and if Facebook goes, then social media goes for us as well.
>>
Facebook as it was used is dead. It's no longer a social network in anyway.
Currently if I scroll down my page it's 80% retarded funny pictures / memes / motivational crap and similar shit. Nobody really interacts with anyone anymore besides posting eachothers names in the comment sections of le funneh picture.
The alternatives are even more shit though.
Twitter is basically just shortcut status updates and no interaction.
Snapchat is for sexting or whatever.
Any IM services are just that.
tumblr lol
instagram is just the picture part.
>>
Never

You need FB for tinder, and invitations to parties and events if you aren't a loser like vir/g/ins
>>
>>51596091
Not likely.

Unlike those others, Facebook got a boost from easy access from mobile devices and considering increasing trends in narcissism and slactivism, people can get a nice ego boost from a couple of likes or following a protest page of some kind without any real effort.
>>
facebook will never die

its even better than 4chan and reddit combined
>>
When the users literally all fucking die off and people's profile exist as a way to remember the departed.
>>
>>51596588
>My friends
>all of 2 people

What a great loss.
>>
I don't think it will ever die at this point. It's too rich and popular. Even if the website were to die the brand would live on as other things.
>>
>>51601967
>he won't be invited to any parties, if he deletes his Facebook account

If no one takes the time to personally invite you to a party, then you are not important enough to them.
>>
>>51600074
where do I find these FB RCs
>>
>>51596091
then all the roasties die, then facebook will die
>>
>>51599183
>indians more concerned with shitting on timelines than shitting in toilets

why can't we just disconnect india from the internet for the sake of the world?
>>
>>51596329
It will die if you can convince enough end users and marketers to jump ship. But getting to that point alone is hard.
>>
>>51599183
>Especially in India.
DESIGNATED
>>
>>51600074
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Those get used because you can usually see the person you're buying from/selling to, so there's more accountability.
>>
>>51602212
>Even if the website were to die the brand would live on as other things.
This. Remember that they own Instagram and Whatsapp. They would become another Alphabet, a tech holdings company.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.