[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /g/ dislike Gnome 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 144827192841.jpg (105KB, 648x697px) Image search: [Google]
144827192841.jpg
105KB, 648x697px
Why does /g/ dislike Gnome 3?
>>
>>51550658
I dont
>>
>>51550658
it is bloated and not aesthetically pleasing
>>
Because [spoiler]I use KDE myself, I know this is supposed to be a better environment but as they say, old habits, they die hard[/spoiler]
>>
>>51550658
>no customization
>shitty default interface for touch screens
>shitty devs
nuff said.
>>
>>51550658
What's his name
>>
was hot until i noticed belly button
>>
>>51550658
It looks so familiar but I can't remember the character she's cosplaying as.
>>
looks bad

bloated, could make the same thing with relative ease in a much smaller system

also ties itself into gtk like a bitch
>>
>>51550658
Why do you start a stupid thread posing a question rather than a statement?
>>
>>51550658
Ugly as sin, systemd is required (unless you patch), every gtk3 update breaks something non-gnome, wasting all their donations on outreach bullshit and finally developers that ignore suggestions/complaints from the community which go against their artistic vision for the gnome brand.
>>
>>51550699
>no customization

Retard detected
>>
>>51551340
Lets see your desktop, I bet all you did was change the wallpaper.
>>
>>51551205
Literally what is wrong with her belly button?
>>
>>51551397
pure girls don't have one
>>
>>51551397
>her
>>
>>51551374
that or he installed another WM, changed the gtk theme and terminal.

>>51551397
nothing, they're probably just memeing
>>
>>51551443
Oh fuck you're probably right.
>>
I dislike most of the default applications.
File manager does not contain a terminal so you have to switch between the two.
No handy calculator.

So I stick with kde.
I know I shouldn't as I dislike plasma 5 but installing all kde software on gnome and making sure it is default everywhere is a chore I don't want to do.
>>
>>51551453
>probably

http://otakumode.com/nonomy?lang=en
>>
>>51551466
Oh fuck you're definitely right.
>>
>>51551478
shieeeet i fell for it too

luckily i like it that way
>>
I like it, but I wish I could make the top bar vertical.
>>
>>51551495
I like traps, but he apparently identifies as male and everything... eh I'd still fuck him.
>>
File: 054.png (219KB, 680x429px) Image search: [Google]
054.png
219KB, 680x429px
>>51550992
>>
>>51551539
>I like traps, but he apparently identifies as male and everything
kind of the idea of a trap

p sure once you identify as female you're a tranny
>>
>>51551539
>he apparently identifies as male
What difference would it have made if he believed he was female? You are attracted to the same SEX either way.
>>
>>51551551
Ah fair enough. These words get mixed up a lot online. I like Bailey Jay, basically.
>>
>>51551560
Sure, but the way they identify would probably affect the way they act and such. Which is part of it.
>>
>>51551569
They do. Not to get all sjw here but

trap = girly boy
transgender = legal dude, identfies as girl
transsexual = legal female, identifies as female, gone through full on sex change
>>
>>51550672
fuck off you retard.

Less resources then any other DE except for non interaction DEs aka windows.
>>
>>51551586
I actually appreciate the breakdown. It's not really sjw to know the right terms.
>>
>>51551607
You forgot about LXDE and Xfce among others.
>>
>>51551607
Xfce4, LDXE and kde without plasma 5 are all much more efficient and take up less physical space. Though, KDE uses QT which is objectively trash
>>
>>51551374
GNOME 3 can be customized through JavaScript and CSS, the CSS part being notable because it's babby-tier code knowledge making it piss-easy to overhaul the interface.
>>
>>51551668
gtk3
>>
>>51551668
>Lets see your desktop, I bet all you did was change the wallpaper.
>>
>>51551668
All the customization gnome has comes from its use of gtk3, beside that you can't do much of anything. Why do you think ricers avoid it like the plague?
>>
>>51551586
Full on sex change doesn't mean you don't have that y-chromosome any longer fám

Then again trannys are all mentally ill and would rather live in irate denial than admit their degeneracy
>>
>>51551718
Yeah it's not like there's hundreds or thousands of GNOME Shell extensions available or anything.
>>
>>51551764
Of course it doesnt, I never said it does.

I said "legal sex and identify". Not actual sex. Leeeegaaaalllll. Understand?
>>
>>51551770
>GNOME Shell extensions
You call shitty panel items customization?
>hundreds or thousands
Most don't work and are abandoned because they break on every update.
>>
>>51550658
I like GTK+ 3 but I don't particularly like using GNOME. I wish they'd make GNOME Classic a completely separate thing and improve it a bit.
>>
>>51551818
>You call shitty panel items customization?
That's a hyperbole
>Most don't work and are abandoned because they break on every update.
But this is a fair point, the breaking library updates are annoying, and so is assuming an extension won't work just because the version number isn't in the extension. However, only one of the extensions I need currently don't work.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.